It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:57 pm 

Idont see how the could win any argument legal or otherwise as all clubs new the situation before the season started.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:15 pm 

May be a nonsense rumour, but ANY club thinking of fighting this decision should declare their issues with it now. I argued in the past as the rules stood clubs didn't have to take Promotion, now they do and to argue against it would be not just an embarrassment to the club, but the league as a whole.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:05 am 

I've said this before and il say it again,in my opinion,and a fair few others.the quicker bishop join the north east counties the better.absoloute shambles if it's true.ok,were years away from challenging for promotion,but would it really be fair a club like ours being cut out of the pyramid because bankrolled clubs refuse to go up

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:08 am 

mut2011 wrote:
I've said this before and il say it again,in my opinion,and a fair few others.the quicker bishop join the north east counties the better.absoloute shambles if it's true.ok,were years away from challenging for promotion,but would it really be fair a club like ours being cut out of the pyramid because bankrolled clubs refuse to go up

The FA will only laterally move teams that are bordering neighbouring leagues. So realistically the only teams from the EBAC NL that the FA might consider moving, are Northallerton & Penrith. Bishop Auckland have zero chance of being moved! I personally think the FA should've promoted the highest placed teams that apply from each step 5 league. So if Bishop Auckland were the only applicants & weren't relegated then I would promote them. If Marske are promoted this season & do absolutely nothing to there ground. Then they'll be demoted the following season, because they must achieve a D ground grading by the 31st March following promotion. What are the FA going to achieve if a team like Marske aren't interested in going up & just toss it off in the NPL1N for a season if they are promoted?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:27 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
mut2011 wrote:

The FA will only laterally move teams that are bordering neighbouring leagues. So realistically the only teams from the EBAC NL that the FA might consider moving, are Northallerton & Penrith. Bishop Auckland have zero chance of being moved! I personally think the FA should've promoted the highest placed teams that apply from each step 5 league. So if Bishop Auckland were the only applicants & weren't relegated then I would promote them. If Marske are promoted this season & do absolutely nothing to there ground. Then they'll be demoted the following season, because they must achieve a D ground grading by the 31st March following promotion. What are the FA going to achieve if a team like Marske aren't interested in going up & just toss it off in the NPL1N for a season if they are promoted?

Something has to give mate surely they just couldn't banish us when we've previously played in those leagues and also applied to go up every single season.also,why couldn't the fa move us across?theyve had Whitehaven on the west coast in this league,one season the more northern Worcester city were in conference south while the more southern Gloucester city were in conference north and also,spennymoor and North Shields left the nl for the necl in the early 90s.....it can be done

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 am 

The FA will only laterally move teams that are bordering neighbouring leagues. So realistically the only teams from the EBAC NL that the FA might consider moving, are Northallerton & Penrith. Bishop Auckland have zero chance of being moved! I personally think the FA should've promoted the highest placed teams that apply from each step 5 league. So if Bishop Auckland were the only applicants & weren't relegated then I would promote them. If Marske are promoted this season & do absolutely nothing to there ground. Then they'll be demoted the following season, because they must achieve a D ground grading by the 31st March following promotion. What are the FA going to achieve if a team like Marske aren't interested in going up & just toss it off in the NPL1N for a season if they are promoted?[/quote]

Something has to give mate surely they just couldn't banish us when we've previously played in those leagues and also applied to go up every single season.also,why couldn't the fa move us across?theyve had Whitehaven on the west coast in this league,one season the more northern Worcester city were in conference south while the more southern Gloucester city were in conference north and also,spennymoor and North Shields left the nl for the necl in the early 90s.....it can be done[/quote]
The FA are making 'all leagues' across the pyramid locally based. That's why I believe if Penrith are demoted, they'll be laterally moved to the new NWCL1N. I know Whitehaven Amateurs & Cleator Moor Celtic are applying for promotion to that league & I've heard there's going to be cherry picking from certain step 7 leagues. So all the step 6 Cumbrian teams will be in 1 division. I personally don't believe all the NL teams are against promotion. But I do believe a lot are against it, so why couldn't the FA have cherry picked your side for promotion? Instead of this forced promotion!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 am 

No idea mate,one thing for certain though is they can't just totally banish us because of everyone else!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 pm 

mut2011 wrote:
No idea mate,one thing for certain though is they can't just totally banish us because of everyone else!

I among many believe the FA has missed a trick on this restructuring. The FA needs to find 26 step 5 clubs for promotion to step 4. There are 7 of the 14 step 5 leagues in the south east/east Anglia. So there's a possibility that 14 of those step 5 teams are from that area. If you look at the pyramid as a whole, it has a well known south eastern bias. The Northeastern clubs have been accused of not getting involved in the pyramid & only concentrating on the FA Vase. So how could the FA have fixed this issue, kept the Northeastern clubs happy & also potentially stopped bankrupting well run clubs. I think the FA should've promoted 7 or 8 EBAC NL clubs this season. The trouble is the people running the FA's restructuring are all from the south east & don't give a toss about the regions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:33 am 

They'd have never gotten away with 7 or 8 clubs leaving the NL in one season though. Maybe there is 5 or 6 clubs who would volunteer to go up along with the winners and Runners up who look likely to go anyway, but I really cant see it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 am 

ressly pest wrote:
They'd have never gotten away with 7 or 8 clubs leaving the NL in one season though. Maybe there is 5 or 6 clubs who would volunteer to go up along with the winners and Runners up who look likely to go anyway, but I really cant see it.

On previous restructurings the NWCL & NCEL have both promoted numerous clubs in one go. The NPL is littered with ex-NWCL teams. The reason why the NPL stretches down to Northamptonshire is because the EBAC NL teams haven't engaged in promotion. So how could this have been reconciled & also made sure Northeastern weren't bankrupted in the process. The FA are going to reduce all divisions down to 20 clubs maximum. There are 43 EBAC NL clubs & if 7 were promoted then the FA would only need to find 4 clubs from the feeder leagues. With Redcar Athletic, Birtley Town & Boro Rangers all likely to apply. If you add potentially Newcastle Uni, Redcar Town & any numerous amount of Wearside League sides. I'm sure the EBAC NL could've at a push promoted 10 clubs. Why the FA has looked at this option is anyone's guess. But I believe the restructuring won't have changed a damn thing & clubs from the Northeast & far Southwest are still going to find it tough to survive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm 

Why would Clubs from the North East find it tough to survive ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm 

Wack wrote:

Because of the extra travelling costs to play in front of a handful of fans. Clubs struggling to raise sides for away midweek fixtures around the Liverpool/Manchester area. The loss of FA Vase money & the potential loss of sponsors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:58 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:

Because of the extra travelling costs to play in front of a handful of fans. Clubs struggling to raise sides for away midweek fixtures around the Liverpool/Manchester area. The loss of FA Vase money & the potential loss of sponsors.

You seem incredibly knowledgeable, and I enjoy your posts, but you are a million miles off here. Do you know what some clubs throw around on players on a weekly basis ? The cost of travel is insignificant compare to some of the budgets payable at the top end of Div 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:47 pm 

I agree with Wacks comments but id suggest one or two nearer the top of Div 2 are also paying enough money to players to afford the league above.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 pm 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:

You seem incredibly knowledgeable, and I enjoy your posts, but you are a million miles off here. Do you know what some clubs throw around on players on a weekly basis ? The cost of travel is insignificant compare to some of the budgets payable at the top end of Div 1

Problem comes when you need to increase that budget for your players to attract better players/retain current squad and make it worthwhile them travelling to Manchester/Liverpool on a Tuesday/Wednesday night and then fork out for the additional travel and lose the FA Vase money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next