It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 58  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:31 pm
Posts: 224
england wrote:
KANYEKICWIBOTHFEET wrote:
Wack wrote:
So Mr Beattie confirms it will cost 45k to take promotion (which is rubbish ) now I throw down the gauntlet for confirmation as to what they spend on players a season , although I won’t hold my breath .

If they don’t want promotion then spend money on the ground , not creating the best team in the league


£45k won’t be far away if you consider recompense for lost work, travel, step ground improvements etc



They already pay them enough for recompense. How do you know that then?
Revenue opportunities may also increase as has been demonstrated by promoted teams. It MAY, but the costs he talks WILL incur

Got to say I believe you should take promotion, but the guy is more than entitled to have his say

_________________
"when the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea" ~ That strange quote from the brilliant Eric Cantona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
mut2011 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:
Personally what the FA should have done was for this season offered all NL clubs the chance to step up into this new league, Clubs such as Shildon, Consett and the obvious choice in Bishop Auckland who actually wish to make the step up, Providing these clubs meet the ground criteria, Finances etc, Then season 2018/19 make Promotion compulsory.

Ask any South Shields Supporter how much they are enjoying the Evo Stick, Actually have you seen the average Shields attendances, Look At Both Blyth & Spennymoor, there all averaging very good crowds.

If the F.A. had set out with an end game, on exactly what the NPL1(step 4 leagues)should look like & set out to implement it. Then they could’ve sold it to the ambitious NL clubs. I personally think the NPL1 leagues should be split east/west. With the eastern side covering the northeast & Yorkshire only. With the F.A. promoting between 8-10 NL clubs. I think the NL could then be backfilled with teams like Pickering, Knaresborough, all the Cumbrian clubs that are interested in promotion from step 7 or currently in the NWCL & any local clubs interested in promotion from the 3 local step 7 leagues(with the proviso that the grounds passed the grading). This is exactly what the F.A. should’ve done & it’s difficult to comprehend why they haven’t done it! I’m sure the next restructuring that’ll happen in 2 or 3 years time, might get closer to my idea. But why can’t the F.A. do it all in one go?


But what do you do with the clubs in Nottinghamshire etc,they’re not based in the West..........said this before but it’s about time fa either promoted en mass or put the likes of us into necl and cast the nl out of the pyramid but leave the option open that if a club changes its mind and wants to take pull part in the pyramid,ie South Shields then it can be allocated a slot in necl.it has been done before,spennymoor and North Shields went down that route,so it can be done again

I think the F.A. wants to create a 1-2-4-8-16-? pyramid! So they need to create another step 4 league & 2 more step 5 leagues after this seasons restructuring. To address the southeastern drift of the pyramid & to create step 5 leagues that don’t cover ridiculous footprints.To achieve this, the simple answer is to reverse the mergers that created the NWCL & the NCEL. In doing so the East Midlands could incorporate the south of Lincolnshire(south of & including Lincoln). To create a new East Midlands step 5 league. Re-jig a few other leagues & then pronto it’s sorted. The old Yorkshire league would exist again & promote into the NPL1 East. The Midlands could’ve an extra step 4 league. Which would cover the East Midlands/UCL footprint. Now there’s my suggestion & I don’t think it’s that bad a one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 3
It's very clear it is 50/50 on peoples views regarding Automatic/Forced promotion, Wether people agree with the likes of Mike Amos, Mr Beattie, Rightly so it's there opinon, For myself I actually disagree with there thoughts, Mike Amos is probably the biggest culprit in my opinon, The Northern league should have been at the forefront of Non League football throughout the North of England 20+ years ago, Now with old fashioned views is likely to find itself losing pretty much most of it's top teams within the next 5-7 years, I can understand why Mike Amos was trying to protect the Northen League, But this was always going to be a short term fix/gain, Depending on your take regarding the NL, The bigger picture the FA was always at some stage going to flex it's muscle and it has finally happened, Probaly about ten years late, But better late than never as the old saying goes.

You ask anyone who enjoys football in the North East, Not even Non league supporters, And ask them, Name some non league teams from the North East and you are most likley going to get pretty much the same answers off everybody, Blyth, Spennymoor, Darlington even Hartlepool these days, Oh and now South Shields, None from the Northern League??, Now ask the same people and just say name NL clubs and again you will find the same answers: Consett, Bishops, Morpeth, Marske & Shildon and yep I guarantee you this, Those NL teams I have just mentioned wont be involved in the NL anymore, When Mr Amos with some postive and proactive thinking all of those teams should be at the forefront of NL football with a mix of Yorkshire and Humberside and possibly a scattering of the Northern of North West clubs involved, Now the stark reality is that the NL stubbiness is likley to be a pale of it's former self in ten years from now.

STICK OR TWIST??
That's the question for the likes of Morpeth, Marske etc, Do the move up at the end of this season (As they don't have a choice) or wait until more NL clubs move up and making the travel less costly??, Personally I would love to see Morpeth move up, Embrace the challanges ahead, No Easy games in the Evo-Stick, even the so called poor sides are well organised and will fight for 90+ minutes, Just ask South Shields, Yes they may be top of the league but they have had to fight and work for every point, Probably why Shields supporters are enjoying this league, They would much rather see a hard fought two, One win than watching boring five nil wins every week, Morpeth's time of being one of the top dogs in the NL is probably now over, Ran it's course, It's now time they started to mix it with the big boys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 29
KANYEKICWIBOTHFEET wrote:
Wack wrote:
So Mr Beattie confirms it will cost 45k to take promotion (which is rubbish ) now I throw down the gauntlet for confirmation as to what they spend on players a season , although I won’t hold my breath .

If they don’t want promotion then spend money on the ground , not creating the best team in the league


£45k won’t be far away if you consider recompense for lost work, travel, step ground improvements etc



They already pay them enough for recompense. How do you know that then?
Revenue opportunities may also increase as has been demonstrated by promoted teams. It MAY, but the costs he talks WILL incur

Got to say I believe you should take promotion, but the guy is more than entitled to have his say[/quote][/quote]

Of course he is entitled to his say, just like I am.
They already pay a massive amount for football at this level (nationwide comparison) which is why it’s a joke mentioning anything to do with finances.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 29
Lovenonleague wrote:
It's very clear it is 50/50 on peoples views regarding Automatic/Forced promotion, Wether people agree with the likes of Mike Amos, Mr Beattie, Rightly so it's there opinon, For myself I actually disagree with there thoughts, Mike Amos is probably the biggest culprit in my opinon, The Northern league should have been at the forefront of Non League football throughout the North of England 20+ years ago, Now with old fashioned views is likely to find itself losing pretty much most of it's top teams within the next 5-7 years, I can understand why Mike Amos was trying to protect the Northen League, But this was always going to be a short term fix/gain, Depending on your take regarding the NL, The bigger picture the FA was always at some stage going to flex it's muscle and it has finally happened, Probaly about ten years late, But better late than never as the old saying goes.

You ask anyone who enjoys football in the North East, Not even Non league supporters, And ask them, Name some non league teams from the North East and you are most likley going to get pretty much the same answers off everybody, Blyth, Spennymoor, Darlington even Hartlepool these days, Oh and now South Shields, None from the Northern League??, Now ask the same people and just say name NL clubs and again you will find the same answers: Consett, Bishops, Morpeth, Marske & Shildon and yep I guarantee you this, Those NL teams I have just mentioned wont be involved in the NL anymore, When Mr Amos with some postive and proactive thinking all of those teams should be at the forefront of NL football with a mix of Yorkshire and Humberside and possibly a scattering of the Northern of North West clubs involved, Now the stark reality is that the NL stubbiness is likley to be a pale of it's former self in ten years from now.

STICK OR TWIST??
That's the question for the likes of Morpeth, Marske etc, Do the move up at the end of this season (As they don't have a choice) or wait until more NL clubs move up and making the travel less costly??, Personally I would love to see Morpeth move up, Embrace the challanges ahead, No Easy games in the Evo-Stick, even the so called poor sides are well organised and will fight for 90+ minutes, Just ask South Shields, Yes they may be top of the league but they have had to fight and work for every point, Probably why Shields supporters are enjoying this league, They would much rather see a hard fought two, One win than watching boring five nil wins every week, Morpeth's time of being one of the top dogs in the NL is probably now over, Ran it's course, It's now time they started to mix it with the big boys.



Some great points and in relation to stick or twist, the whole point of enforced promotion is that over a period of time the movement up and down becomes fluid and helps each club making that leap.
I’d imagine the issue with a lot of people previously making the move was that you would be out on a limb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 46
Location: NLZ
KANYEKICWIBOTHFEET wrote:
Wack wrote:
So Mr Beattie confirms it will cost 45k to take promotion (which is rubbish ) now I throw down the gauntlet for confirmation as to what they spend on players a season , although I won’t hold my breath .

If they don’t want promotion then spend money on the ground , not creating the best team in the league


£45k won’t be far away if you consider recompense for lost work, travel, step ground improvements etc



David , is that Aussie sun getting to your head ? What is Ken going to do charter a plane to every away match ? The cost will be a quarter of that at most :roll:

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
mut2011 wrote:
Ps.i don’t get this thing with Pickering moving to nl.....it’s a 2 1/2 trek there and for them just about every away game,4 hours upto Penrith???surely a Leeds based team or more specifically Harrogate ra would be more obvious options


4 hours ...is that via North Wales .

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
mut2011 wrote:
Ps.i don’t get this thing with Pickering moving to nl.....it’s a 2 1/2 trek there and for them just about every away game,4 hours upto Penrith???surely a Leeds based team or more specifically Harrogate ra would be more obvious options


Pickering are closer to the southern NL teams, than they are to any NCEL. So there position in the country, isn’t great for any clubs to get to. The EBAC NL’s footprint is one of the smallest step 5/6 leagues in the country. Penrith is the only pain for any clubs to get to, in the whole league. The NWCL stretches from Whitchurch & Oswestry in Shropshire, all the way up to Carlisle. The NCEL stretches from Pickering in North Yorkshire, all the way down to north Nottinghamshire. The Western league is supposed to cover from Cornwall to Gloucestershire(although the Cornish sides don’t apply for promotion). The MFL covers from Nottingham all the way to Hereford. I know the FA wants to reduce the travelling at step 5, but the travelling in the NL is a doddle compared to other parts of the country & the road networks are dreadful in some of the leagues I’ve mentioned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:01 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Brandon, Vermont, USA
Even so, with the sensible sideways transfers if Pickering were moved to the ENL (and yes Harrogate RA), both easier than Whitby was, Penrith would/should be moved to the NWCL so that would not be an issue. Getting back to the main point (or one of them) concerning compulsory promotion (long overdue) as an earlier poster said, the rules were made clear before the season started so it was open to any club not wishing to follow the rules to leave. Or if the majority of NL clubs wished to formally exclude themselves then they vote to leave the pyramid on a formal basis and carry on in a closed shop as it was in the 'good old days'

_________________
Patience is a Virtue
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
marinersteve wrote:
Even so, with the sensible sideways transfers if Pickering were moved to the ENL (and yes Harrogate RA), both easier than Whitby was, Penrith would/should be moved to the NWCL so that would not be an issue. Getting back to the main point (or one of them) concerning compulsory promotion (long overdue) as an earlier poster said, the rules were made clear before the season started so it was open to any club not wishing to follow the rules to leave. Or if the majority of NL clubs wished to formally exclude themselves then they vote to leave the pyramid on a formal basis and carry on in a closed shop as it was in the 'good old days'

The F.A. have made it impossible to wriggle out of promotion this season. The option open to clubs at the start of the season. Was to let the F.A. know that you didn’t want to be considered for promotion & you had to let them know the reason why. I was told that the clubs would have had to have had a damn good reason for wanting to be excluded. I heard that zero clubs at step 5 took the opportunity to do this. The F.A.’s Nick Robinson is a lawyer & that’s why the provision was put in place. So the clubs would be told that they should’ve done this at the start of the season & not at the end when they don’t want to be promoted l. I think Morpeth are screwed tbh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 180
the northern league 1st division has 22 clubs and for next season has to go down to 20. if top 2 are promoted and non come in from the unibond with 3 relegated and 3 promoted from 2nd division that makes 20 so there should be no need for clubs from other leagues to be moved into the northern league for next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 19
Windy1970 wrote:
marinersteve wrote:
Even so, with the sensible sideways transfers if Pickering were moved to the ENL (and yes Harrogate RA), both easier than Whitby was, Penrith would/should be moved to the NWCL so that would not be an issue. Getting back to the main point (or one of them) concerning compulsory promotion (long overdue) as an earlier poster said, the rules were made clear before the season started so it was open to any club not wishing to follow the rules to leave. Or if the majority of NL clubs wished to formally exclude themselves then they vote to leave the pyramid on a formal basis and carry on in a closed shop as it was in the 'good old days'

The F.A. have made it impossible to wriggle out of promotion this season. The option open to clubs at the start of the season. Was to let the F.A. know that you didn’t want to be considered for promotion & you had to let them know the reason why. I was told that the clubs would have had to have had a damn good reason for wanting to be excluded. I heard that zero clubs at step 5 took the opportunity to do this. The F.A.’s Nick Robinson is a lawyer & that’s why the provision was put in place. So the clubs would be told that they should’ve done this at the start of the season & not at the end when they don’t want to be promoted l. I think Morpeth are screwed tbh.

Think there getting used to being screwed by the FA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
2009vasewinner wrote:
the northern league 1st division has 22 clubs and for next season has to go down to 20. if top 2 are promoted and non come in from the unibond with 3 relegated and 3 promoted from 2nd division that makes 20 so there should be no need for clubs from other leagues to be moved into the northern league for next season.

I know that’s the case. But if you read the thread, my point was that I think the F.A. should’ve promoted about 8 NL clubs & not just the 2. I was pointing out where the backfill of clubs could’ve have come from. It’s just something to keep in mind, whenever the F.A.’s NLS review has finally finished & what they’d like to do at steps 4 & 5. I think these 2 steps are the real problem within the pyramid & effect the steps below & above. Would expanding the NL footprint be a pain? Yes! But no more than that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 1127
If the NL can let Whitehaven into the league then the likes of Harrogate and Pickering shouldn't be an issue. It's never taken me 3 hours to get to either but it did to Whitehaven and that was from Gateshead so it can be done.

As much as I agree with automatic promotion and this top two sounds fine aswell, but I still don't believe they should promote on mass it has to be earned imho

_________________
If you dont like me...then you probably dont know me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:59 am
Posts: 1433
Location: Fortress Turnbull
I thought the FA deliberately used the top 12 in PPG across the step 5s as well as the champions so in theory any number of NL sides could go up. Is there definitely a max of two from each step 5?

I think, in time, it WILL benefit the more ambitious NL clubs and the sooner the 1-2-4-8-16 (I don't know why we have a national division in non-League, FYI), comes in, the better. However, we can't split East and West yet at step 4 in the North as there's barely anyone in the East. It will work in 5-6 seasons with more North East participation. Morpeth, North Shields, Marske, Shildon et al.

_________________
WHITBY TOWN FC- NUMBER ONE CLUB ON THE YORKSHIRE COAST- UP THE BLUES


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 58  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group