It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:44 pm 

To answer the question earlier..... it was the league that proposed the question as they felt they had a “duty” to do so.

Having been at the meeting I would say that I didn’t see a single club considering any other option than staying in the pyramid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
The Northern league champions have been free to step up if they had wanted for a number of years. The Northern league couldn't have stopped them. At the end of the day it's the clubs and only them who decide to go up or stay irrespective of anything else

Senior NL officials have put the fear of god up the clubs. No other league’s have been so anti the pyramid. I’m not saying the pyramid is perfect, it far from it! But if the NL officials had advocated years ago, a better structure that suited northern clubs. Then we wouldn’t be in a situation whereby the F.A. decided to introduce compulsory promotion. This bitterness goes back to the early 80’s & northeastern clubs have slipped further away from the football league or even the top of the pyramid! Hopefully in 2 years time, we’ll see the Super NL & this’ll include the whole of the northeast & Yorkshire! But teams are going to have to accept that they are going to be promoted beyond this level.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
trevor56 wrote:
The Northern league champions have been free to step up if they had wanted for a number of years. The Northern league couldn't have stopped them. At the end of the day it's the clubs and only them who decide to go up or stay irrespective of anything else

Senior NL officials have put the fear of god up the clubs. No other league’s have been so anti the pyramid. I’m not saying the pyramid is perfect, it far from it! But if the NL officials had advocated years ago, a better structure that suited northern clubs. Then we wouldn’t be in a situation whereby the F.A. decided to introduce compulsory promotion. This bitterness goes back to the early 80’s & northeastern clubs have slipped further away from the football league or even the top of the pyramid! Hopefully in 2 years time, we’ll see the Super NL & this’ll include the whole of the northeast & Yorkshire! But teams are going to have to accept that they are going to be promoted beyond this level.

Got to agree with windy here I remember a meeting in the 80s when the NL where offered the chance to join the pyramid feeding into the conference but Arthur Clark and Gordon Nicholson shot it down. How times have changed the NL is still stuck in its old ways. how many clubs have won the league and declined promotion its ridiculas the amount of money that has been spent not just on players wages but getting grounds up to standard to stand still. its time to move forward and progress

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:01 pm 

Ajw86 wrote:
To answer the question earlier..... it was the league that proposed the question as they felt they had a “duty” to do so.

Having been at the meeting I would say that I didn’t see a single club considering any other option than staying in the pyramid

Thanks for the answer.

So from what I can see, this is the rough timeline of events...

League makes late bid to create new step 4 league when they finally wake up and smell the coffee with automatic promotion and their best clubs leaving...
FA knocks them back saying new step 4 league will not happen for two years and be put out to tender (fair enough)...
League appeals and gets knocked back again..
League calls EGM and asks clubs to vote on whether to leave the pyramid...

I reckon it's absolutely nailed on that the NPL will run the new step 4 league.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:56 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Given who runs the other 7 Step 4 divisions, it's a no-brainer

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 am 

handifan2 wrote:
Ajw86 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

So from what I can see, this is the rough timeline of events...

League makes late bid to create new step 4 league when they finally wake up and smell the coffee with automatic promotion and their best clubs leaving...
FA knocks them back saying new step 4 league will not happen for two years and be put out to tender (fair enough)...
League appeals and gets knocked back again..
League calls EGM and asks clubs to vote on whether to leave the pyramid...

I reckon it's absolutely nailed on that the NPL will run the new step 4 league.

Who called the EGM and surely they needed a seconder ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 pm 

I suppose the LMC had to do this to take stock of what the clubs thought. I am amazed they had to drag everyone out on a sunday morning to realise that the turkeys don't vote for Xmas. What club in their right mind would ever dream of going back to park football as that is what a vote to leave the pyramid would have been and that doesn't include the fact that there would have been no match officials available. The league has to move on and get its tender/ bid spot on for two years time. I suspect those contributors who have said the NPL / Sticky glue people will win the franchise are 100% spot on but our lot have to give it a go. The FA may fancy a change!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:49 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
I suppose the LMC had to do this to take stock of what the clubs thought. I am amazed they had to drag everyone out on a sunday morning to realise that the turkeys don't vote for Xmas. What club in their right mind would ever dream of going back to park football as that is what a vote to leave the pyramid would have been and that doesn't include the fact that there would have been no match officials available. The league has to move on and get its tender/ bid spot on for two years time. I suspect those contributors who have said the NPL / Sticky glue people will win the franchise are 100% spot on but our lot have to give it a go. The FA may fancy a change!!!!!!!

They would effectively be grass roots football, illegible to enter the FA competitions, outside the scope of FA grants (inc Football Foundations millions) and therefore under the control of a CFA.

If they were outside the NLS, would they be allowed contract players? Interesting legal query!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 pm 

Cestrian wrote:

If the league had displayed any kind of leadership and progressive thinking, they wouldn't have even entertained thinking about having or allowing such a vote. They should know what is best for their clubs...active participation in the pyramid. Nothing will change between now and the tender process. ENL are doing this to try to maintain their own "status" and keep "their" clubs in "their" little sphere of influence.
It's all empire building, right from the time they declined to enter the pyramid when the league thought they would do better outside the pyramid, to the time they joined the pyramid because they then realised the league would do better in the pyramid, to desperate offers to create a step 4 Northern league when it becomes obvious who would run a new step 4 league in the North East.
All the while through this empire building, the member clubs' status in national non league football has rapidly declined, the standard of grounds has fallen and the standard of North east non league football has declined. Many more clubs have ceased to exist while in the Northern league or after being relegated from the ENL than after taking promotion from the ENL.

It's time the NL realised they are just a place for clubs to play football, nothing else. It's time they put the clubs first and were more positive and progressive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 pm 

It's not the northern leagues job to encourage participation in pyramid. The opportunity to go up has been there for quite some time. It's the clubs choice irrespective of what chairman of Northern league thinks. A club who really wanted to go up would have done so. The bit about clubs going bust while in n.l proves nothing. They wud have gone bust whatever league they played in

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:38 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
It's not the northern leagues job to encourage participation in pyramid.

It is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:56 am 

handifan2 wrote:
trevor56 wrote:

It is.

So the only reason we've not had many teams take promotion is that they've not been encouraged. Like i said in previous post. The opportunity was there if they wanted it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:20 am 

trevor56 wrote:
handifan2 wrote:
trevor56 wrote:

It is.

So the only reason we've not had many teams take promotion is that they've not been encouraged. Like i said in previous post. The opportunity was there if they wanted it

Many leagues around the country are proud when they promote clubs and develop the game in the area. The prevailing culture of the ENL is parochialism, insularity, self preservation and self importance. Even to this day it exists when there is an EGM and a vote on whether to leave the pyramid just because their proposals weren't accepted by the FA. This is what holds the clubs back. To say they encourage promotion then in the same sentence warn of the perils of promotion is just not good enough by the league.

Don't get me wrong, they do some good things but it is not the existence and status of the league which is important. It's the clubs and only the clubs. The league should never have entertained such a vote because a "leave" result would have been catastrophic for many member clubs.

One thing is for sure, football is dying from the bottom up. It won't be very long before step 5/6 will be the bottom of the pyramid. I would encourage clubs to develop and aim for promotion or the devil will indeed take the hindmost.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:28 am 

trevor56 wrote:
handifan2 wrote:
trevor56 wrote:

It is.

The Northern League, should’ve been engaging with the F.A. years ago. About the structure of the pyramid & where they thought improvements should be made. Everyone thought that the new Central League would be the answer. But the promotion process has basically left the the NPL exactly the same & just shrunk the Isthmian & Southern League’s. I personally don’t think the EBAC NL are responsible for encouraging clubs. But asking the F.A. to consider making a new step 4 league in December, was way too late. The new step 6 league in Essex has been talked about for 10 years. Same with the Midlands/Central League & the NWCL asked the F.A. about regionalising there step 6, at the start of season 2016/17. At least the F.A. agrees that a new step 4 league will be created. Although it will be created for season 2020/21.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
handifan2 wrote:
Many leagues around the country are proud when they promote clubs and develop the game in the area. The prevailing culture of the ENL is parochialism, insularity, self preservation and self importance. Even to this day it exists when there is an EGM and a vote on whether to leave the pyramid just because their proposals weren't accepted by the FA. This is what holds the clubs back. To say they encourage promotion then in the same sentence warn of the perils of promotion is just not good enough by the league.

Don't get me wrong, they do some good things but it is not the existence and status of the league which is important. It's the clubs and only the clubs. The league should never have entertained such a vote because a "leave" result would have been catastrophic for many member clubs.

One thing is for sure, football is dying from the bottom up. It won't be very long before step 5/6 will be the bottom of the pyramid. I would encourage clubs to develop and aim for promotion or the devil will indeed take the hindmost.

This

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 57  Next