It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 am 

the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Chinny wrote:
Did Cleator manage to address the pitch size issue? Or are they allowed to do that at the end of the season?

If a club can prove they’re extending the pitch, then they aren’t expected to change anything mid season!

If a club can prove they're extending their hardstanding by 10mm, are they not expected to change anything mid season?

They are not expected to change anything mid season. They’ve got a pass & now all that matters, is on the pitch!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 am 

I’m not too up to speed with the Cleator pitch debate but I’m sure it’s been around for years so wonder how it’s taken so long! That being said, it seems silly to make them do it mid season, especially if it is as disruptive as the delays suggest

Birtley has to extend the hard standing by 10cm, not 10mm, but still a crazy thing when looked at in isolation. I do get that we have to meet standards though, it’s just surprising when u play at Druids Park the same day and their provision behind the far goal doesn’t look eligible either v the criteria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:15 am 

Chinny wrote:
I’m not too up to speed with the Cleator pitch debate but I’m sure it’s been around for years so wonder how it’s taken so long! That being said, it seems silly to make them do it mid season, especially if it is as disruptive as the delays suggest

Birtley has to extend the hard standing by 10cm, not 10mm, but still a crazy thing when looked at in isolation. I do get that we have to meet standards though, it’s just surprising when u play at Druids Park the same day and their provision behind the far goal doesn’t look eligible either v the criteria

Chinny we were up bedlington the other week and their hardstanding down the dugout side was wrecked by tree roots by the looks of it and was no way 1m all around. Not having a dig at anyone but it does look like 1 rule for 1 and another for others.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 am 

Certainly makes you wonder , Unless those rules were not in place a while back. Ours is sound now and got the grading required , that will do us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:53 am 

Chinny wrote:

Druids Park is only classed as a 3 sided ground, as is ours at Northallerton. Neither ground has a "bound surface" on one side. This is completely fine for step 5 and 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:56 am 

Wack wrote:
Chinny wrote:

Druids Park is only classed as a 3 sided ground, as is ours at Northallerton. Neither ground has a "bound surface" on one side. This is completely fine for step 5 and 6

That answers that then :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 pm 

england wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
Interesting position in ENL2. 3 clubs seem to be pulling away a little although still about 9 games to go. However will Blyth AFC be allowed promotion? They are ground sharing at Ashington at the moment which is against the rules for promotion. Are they likely to go back to their ground for next season and if so is this being inspected? Seems like fourth place is going to be profitable for someone.

Haven’t got a clue what the answer is, heard so many different stories about them.
Since they are already ground sharing would that not make it ok?

Also very interested in how this would pan out especially as Hebburn Town are in the mix and could finish in a top 4 spot. Here’s what i’ve pulled from the league handbook

2.3.1 A Club‟s Ground may be shared with another Club or any other club (including a club engaged in another sport) providing, where sharing with a football club the Club or club playing in the most senior competition has priority of fixture s at all times and, where sharing with a club engaged in another sport, the Club has priority of fixtures unless agreed otherwise by the Competition at its sole discretion, applicable only to that Competition, and valid only for one season at a time but open to annual renewal. A Club will not be permitted to ground share to gain promotion or to avoid relegation. Ground sharing may not be permitted when one of the sharers retains the use of another ground unless that club can show by means of a refused planning permission or similar that it cannot meet the requirements of the Criteria Document at that ground. Any Club wishing to share a Ground or intending to move to a new Ground must obtain the written consent of the Board. Any Ground sharing for a period exceeding thirteen (13) weeks must be in writing and a written agreement must first be approved by the Board before being entered into and (except in an emergency) must be completed by 31 March in any year to be effective for the following Playing Season. A copy of the completed signed and dated agreement must be received by the Competition within fourteen days of the approval being sent to the Club.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 pm 

2.3.1 A Club‟s Ground may be shared with another Club or any other club (including a club engaged in another sport) providing, where sharing with a football club the Club or club playing in the most senior competition has priority of fixture s at all times

as I understand it Blyth obtained confirmation that their pitch couldn't stand the amount of games at the end of the season, with other teams playing finals on there. This would seem to contradict this league rule. That said I assume that Blyth started the season assuming they would have priority over a under 15s cup final (or whatever)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:46 pm 

A question for windy,with regards Friday's Durham county minor cup final,winlaton Vulcans fc v Stockton west end fc.how can a team at level 7 even be in this final,surely they should of been in the trophy ???.no alliance level 7 clubs were in this competition.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm 

Wack wrote:
Chinny wrote:

I'm sure Druids Park is a 4 sided ground, you were behind both goals Mark when we played there and there is a stand on opposite side to dugouts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm 

freddycurry wrote:
A question for windy,with regards Friday's Durham county minor cup final,winlaton Vulcans fc v Stockton west end fc.how can a team at level 7 even be in this final,surely they should of been in the trophy ???.no alliance level 7 clubs were in this competition.

Sorry, I’m not sure! Without reading all the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:07 am 

freddycurry wrote:

am sure the rules were changed at start off last season on fa county cups. I think it's down to the clubs to choose which country cup they play in(all 3 if they wish minor trophy and challenge cup)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:45 am 

philc wrote:
freddycurry wrote:
A question for windy,with regards Friday's Durham county minor cup final,winlaton Vulcans fc v Stockton west end fc.how can a team at level 7 even be in this final,surely they should of been in the trophy ???.no alliance level 7 clubs were in this competition.[/qu
am sure the rules were changed at start off last season on fa county cups. I think it's down to the clubs to choose which country cup they play in(all 3 if they wish minor trophy and challenge cup)

Don know about durham but in Northumberland you need a northern league 2 ground grading to play in the senior cup that's why alliance sides cannot play in it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:08 pm 

Lesley wrote:
Wack wrote:
Chinny wrote:

I'm sure Druids Park is a 4 sided ground, you were behind both goals Mark when we played there and there is a stand on opposite side to dugouts.

We got asked to move

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 pm 

DFA fine clubs £50 if they don’t enter County Trophy . I think clubs don’t enter once they leave level 7 . We were in both trophy and challenge Cup this season . As long as the clubs in Durham want to enter the challenge Cup they can . The only stipulation I am aware of is ties are now midweek so clubs without lights drawn at home have to give up home advantage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 57  Next