It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:12 am 

2009vasewinner wrote:
so I presume that the ground they were using at blyth had an F grade then.

If there former ground wasn’t that grading, then they’d have been denied promotion & have failed the ground grading.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
2009vasewinner wrote:

If there former ground wasn’t that grading, then they’d have been denied promotion & have failed the ground grading.

How could they have any grading without some security of tenure , which I presume is the reason they had to leave 2/3rds through the season. I though even an F requires this, but I might be wrong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
2009vasewinner wrote:

How could they have any grading without some security of tenure , which I presume is the reason they had to leave 2/3rds through the season. I though even an F requires this, but I might be wrong

If they’ve agreed a season long ground share deal, then they’ll have security of tenure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am 

If they’ve agreed a season long ground share deal, then they’ll have security of tenure.

I totally get that Windy, my point is was there security at their last ground.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 am 

Wack wrote:

If they don’t play there anymore, then they don’t need it. They must’ve had it to be promoted & I assume they lost it whenever they were evicted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:58 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:

If they don’t play there anymore, then they don’t need it. They must’ve had it to be promoted & I assume they lost it whenever they were evicted.

Fair enough. I wonder why they don't groundshare with Spartans . I did hear that they are going to build a new ground, making 3 decent grounds in a small Town like Blyth :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 am 

Wack wrote:
Fair enough. I wonder why they don't groundshare with Spartans

We've only just got the pitch under control after decades of crap maintenance by the council. Why would we want some non-entity ego project playing on it and ruining the surface?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:51 pm 

Even more confusing for the Blyth AFC situation is that the Northern League website still names South Newsham Playing Fields, Sandringham Drive, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 3PW. as their home ground and the following has been announced on the club's website, in a statement about pre-season friendlies:
Blyth AFC wrote:
Ryton and Crawcrook Albion make the trip to South Newsham in Blyth’s only home pre-season game on Wednesday, July 11.

http://blythafc.co.uk/news/blyth-afc-re ... -schedule/

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:31 pm 

Times the agm might go walk around alnwick castle see if i can hear out got a yearly pass ha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Never mind Hashtaq United concentrate on what's happening here with Darlington RA. They are being dangled over the sorry excuse of a Step 7 League - the NRFL. Major issues with that League relating to security of tenure and availability of grounds to play on is just the start as there are other issues as well. To put Darlington RA in that League would be totally brutal and to have them dangling for a week over it is akin to Chinese Water Torture.

Maybe a few lateral transfers from the Wearside league & Darlington RA added to the NRL. Would improve the league & make it more competitive. They’ve had a few teething problems, but I’m sure they’ll be better this coming season. If Darlington RA have ambitions to bounce straight back up. Then surely the easiest route would be the NRL.

Read my post above again and digest it. Why weaken a good Step 7 League to try to prop up an absolute comedic one? I've just learnt today that a well established team is resigning from the NRFL, which before promotions from their 8 team 2nd tier will drop their 1st tier to 12 clubs. It's a sad situation but moving teams forcibly into it will not make it more competitive, nor stop the reduction in teams.

Well, Darlington RA have been placed into the NRL & they aren’t happy. Personally I think they should be overjoyed, because it must be the easiest route back to the EBAC NL(out of the 3 feeder leagues in the northeast)!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:53 pm 

well if ra are going into nrl.. blyth must be staying put...20 in each league.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:12 pm 

local lad wrote:
well if ra are going into nrl.. blyth must be staying put...20 in each league.

Unless they are one of the 41 appeals being heard by the F.A. over the step 1-6 constitutions.
The NRL are awaiting an email from the F.A. to let them know which teams will be in their league this season! The F.A. mapping team have been looking at step 7 & stated earlier this season that they were taking control were going to even out the league’s. I’m sure we’ll see if they’ve actually done much in the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:10 pm 

Windy is Darlo RA to NRL pending an appeal around relegation? Or did they not appeal and only alnwick and Uni did in relation to step 6?? Also do we know exact basis of each appeal and when a decision will be made?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 pm 

Chinny wrote:
Windy is Darlo RA to NRL pending an appeal around relegation? Or did they not appeal and only alnwick and Uni did in relation to step 6?? Also do we know exact basis of each appeal and when a decision will be made?

Darlo RA have told me that they haven’t been placed in the NRL ‘yet’! The stuff written on Mike Amos’s blog was just a moan in case they were placed in that league. They haven’t appealed the relegation, which makes me wonder how quickly the F.A. will throw Alnwick’s appeal out? Do they seriously think they’ll be reprieved when the team that finished above will not be?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:08 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Chinny wrote:

Darlo RA have told me that they haven’t been placed in the NRL ‘yet’! The stuff written on Mike Amos’s blog was just a moan in case they were placed in that league. They haven’t appealed the relegation, which makes me wonder how quickly the F.A. will throw Alnwick’s appeal out? Do they seriously think they’ll be reprieved when the team that finished above will not be?

Northallerton have appealed against Blyth promotion & would kindly like the F.A. to consider them instead!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next