It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Washington Resign From Northern League?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:49 pm 

Whoops I thought minimum wage was over £8 didn't realise that in 2020. Likewise I thought Labour bringing in a £10 minimum wage would be by next year buotherat's 2020 as well. Never mind wrong there I admit.
However latest news is, it's going round North Riding League currently has 15 clubs for next season compared with the Wearside League having 17.
If the Wearside League were to have another 3 teams removed from them that would leave them with 14 and the newly formed untested North Riding League with 18. There are other issues as well which I'm aware of but won't mention on here, which is why I was so confident about my statement. I'm supposed to be retired from this site.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Whoops I thought minimum wage was over £8 didn't realise that in 2020. Likewise I thought Labour bringing in a £10 minimum wage would be by next year buotherat's 2020 as well. Never mind wrong there I admit.
However latest news is, it's going round North Riding League currently has 15 clubs for next season compared with the Wearside League having 17.
If the Wearside League were to have another 3 teams removed from them that would leave them with 14 and the newly formed untested North Riding League with 18. There are other issues as well which I'm aware of but won't mention on here, which is why I was so confident about my statement. I'm supposed to be retired from this site.
little fella how can you retire you laid yourself to rest and are reborn great to have you back !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 am 

the little fella wrote:

I'm sure you can be confident in the short term. But how confident are you about how the FA wants step 7 leagues to be distributed after the restructuring(including the reduction in league sizes). All the North Riding league needs to do is start with 14 clubs next season. It's the season after next that they need to have a minimum of 16 clubs & a maximum of 18 clubs. It'll be interesting to see how many clubs are in the WL next season. It'll also be interesting to see how many clubs are promoted from the NL & how this effects all the feeder leagues.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:28 pm 

Whats happening with Washington

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:19 am 

Washington are hoping to have a positive statement out next week after negotiating with several interested parties with regards to fulling the relevant club roles from my understanding.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:00 pm 

http://www.washingtonafc.com

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm 

playersplayer wrote:
http://www.washingtonafc.com

This is brilliant news, there are a number of very progressive people at Washy AFC. Whilst the club may not win the championship in the next few seasons, they will be solvent, secure and have a pipeline of talented youngsters coming through.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:05 pm 

Statement Reads -

Washington AFC join forces with Washington FC

Washington AFC committee has joined Washington FC, who play in the EBAC Northern League Division One, with Rob Cutler taking over as Chairman and Lee Holmes Club Secretary.

This marks a new chapter for our junior club as it now provides a pathway for boys to play for the club from five to senior level.

We will be holding an open meeting to discuss with anyone who would be interested in getting involved with Saturday Non-League football. Please contact Lee Holmes or Gary Sykes for further details.

Further announcements will be made in due course.

From - http://www.washingtonafc.com/

--------------

Great news for everyone concerned

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm 

Also:
Quote:
RESIGNATION WITHDRAWN - 19 May 2017 19 May, 2017
sAs the number of volunteers running the football club dwindled, it was decided from the end of the 2016/2017 season to resign from the Ebac Northern League.

An appeal was subsequently made in the local press/social media etc, to find help to take over/assist with the administration of the club. I am delighted to say that we were approached by Washington AFC, who are a long established junior club in the town. They are a well run organisation with a wealth of administrative experience (currently running 48 teams). The two clubs are now joining forces. Although the clubs will continue to run independently, members of the AFC Committee will be taking over the main administrative roles (Chairman & Secretary), with more assistance provided by others in their set-up. The new Washington FC Chairman is Rob Cutler & Secretary Lee Holmes.

Everyone connected to the clubs are now looking forward to the 2017/2018 Season

https://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/washingto ... iew/940100

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 pm 

Mike Amos has mentioned Washington's resignation withdrawal. He talks about the problem with regards to relegation issues & mentions Guisborough Town. As far as I'm concerned Guisborough were always going to be reprieved. Unless the FA have laterally moved Pickering Town from the NCEL(which is highly unlikely). I would say Esh Winning are the most likely team to be in trouble & face relegation. But I think the NL will run with 22 in NL1 & 21 in NL2.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:33 pm 

Great news for the club, the likes of Dixie will be staying as active as they can from what I'm told which is massively important I think also. Be wrong for them to just not to be part of the club anymore after all the years spent at the club. Hopefully some players can be brought in to take the club forward but always difficult with limited budgets. May see some young players stepping up which would be great for the club and show some continuity. Just great to see NL clubs Inc WAL not going under and hope that long may it continue that clubs not only survive but move onwards and upwards.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
I'm concerned Guisborough were always going to be reprieved. Unless the FA have laterally moved Pickering Town from the NCEL(which is highly unlikely). I would say Esh Winning are the most likely team to be in trouble & face relegation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the season has been finished a week or two now, do Guisborough and Esh Winning still not know what league they are going to be playing in next season?

http://www.crooktownfc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:49 am 

the mighty crook town wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
I'm concerned Guisborough were always going to be reprieved. Unless the FA have laterally moved Pickering Town from the NCEL(which is highly unlikely). I would say Esh Winning are the most likely team to be in trouble & face relegation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the season has been finished a week or two now, do Guisborough and Esh Winning still not know what league they are going to be playing in next season?

I'd fully expect both will receive a reprieve. The FA are announcing the step 5/6 allocations this week. So the clubs haven't got long to wait for an answer.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:37 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Mike Amos has mentioned Washington's resignation withdrawal. He talks about the problem with regards to relegation issues & mentions Guisborough Town. As far as I'm concerned Guisborough were always going to be reprieved. Unless the FA have laterally moved Pickering Town from the NCEL(which is highly unlikely). I would say Esh Winning are the most likely team to be in trouble & face relegation. But I think the NL will run with 22 in NL1 & 21 in NL2.

Looks like you were not as well informed Windy1970 - abosluetly crazy not saving Guisborough and doing as you suggest with the league compositions - but there you go that's the FA for you next close season will be interesting

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:07 pm 

Joe imho it's nuts having a bigger 2nd division than 1st. The clubs with generally the lower budgets playing more league related games doesn't make any sense at all to me.
The 2nd division should only have 20 teams imho and I mentioned this elsewhere what happens if 2 or even 3 sides get prompted next season with a unibond team unlikely to come down they could feasibly have to promote 6 x 2nd division sides to make it up which is mental.

Unless I'm missing the obvious I believe the league should appeal this as it's nonsense.

As much as I like Esh Winning and fair play to the good people at Waterhouses but they've been reprieved to keep a 22 team division which again makes no sense at all imho.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next