It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Jarrow FC - Promoted to the NL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm 

Jarrow FC (@Jarrow_fc) have tweeted - "Jarrow Fc WILL BE PLAYING @theofficialnl football next year"

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NPL Premier
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: Jarrow FC - Promoted to the NL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 pm 

Welcome to the Northern League. Do we know for certain if Esh Winning are relegated? Could Redcar get promoted too?

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 am 

Interpol wrote:
Welcome to the Northern League. Do we know for certain if Esh Winning are relegated? Could Redcar get promoted too?

I dont think they can Interpol, last year they appealled when we went up and lost out on it. To be honest with the team they had this season I and I suspect plenty of others fully expected them to come up, but fair play to Jarrow they've kept a squad together and worked on that and its paid off.

The pitch is superb, a little small if I remember the last time I played there but the surface is lovely and well looked after.

Good luck to Jarrow FC.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:27 am 

Congratulations and good luck to them. The league tend to reprieve rather than promote from below but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am 

cd wrote:
Interpol wrote:

I dont think they can Interpol, last year they appealled when we went up and lost out on it. To be honest with the team they had this season I and I suspect plenty of others fully expected them to come up, but fair play to Jarrow they've kept a squad together and worked on that and its paid off.

The pitch is superb, a little small if I remember the last time I played there but the surface is lovely and well looked after.

Good luck to Jarrow FC.

Last season the FA had a moratorium on promotion from step 7. This included allowing 2 teams to be promoted from step 7 leagues that were happy to allow 2 teams to be promoted. The NWCL were tapping up Whitehaven so they'd apply as the 2nd club to be promoted from the Wearside League. Redcar Athletic were made aware and contacted the EBAC NL & Mike Amos wrote a bit about there plight on his blog. So Redcar applied to be promoted as the 2nd club and the FA couldn't promote Whitehaven in front of the 2nd placed team. The big problem was that there wasn't room for them in the NL & the committee wouldn't expand the league to 23 teams. The FA could've laterally moved a team to allow them to be promoted, but decided against it. The basis of the clubs appeal was numerous step 7 leagues were promoting 2 clubs, so why should they be victimised because of there location in the country(Melton Town for instance were allowed to be promoted to the United Counties League, instead of the more natural placement of the East Midlands Counties League). I know the moratorium isn't in effect this season, but there is now space in the EBAC NL. If anyone with any influence in the NL reads this forum, then they should be on the phone to the FA & saying that both the NL & FALC owe Redcar & should morally promote them as an extra club from the Wearside League this season. If the FA's restructuring comes into full effect, the Wearside League will be reduced to a maximum of 18 clubs by season 2018/19. So no one would be effected by promoting Redcar Athletic in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm 

Northern league Rule 2.10
The Competition shall allow for up to 44 member Clubs. There will be
2 divisions of 22 Clubs in each division where possible. The divisions will be
called First Division and Second Division. The Clubs competing in each division
each season will be confirmed by the Annual General Meeting of the Company
each year. A Club entered into membership at the Annual General Meeting shall
be subject to the application of the Rules until the date of the following Annual
General Meeting. It shall be allowed for these numbers to be increased to
accommodate any anomaly in the National League System.

So there could be hope for Redcar if they can get a sympathetic ear at the FA and once again with S.Shields promotion and Norton ( count as a relegated Team ? ) Folding wouldn't think a team (Esh Winning ) will be relegated and will receive a well deserved reprieve from what I seen after he turn of the year as second Division looks like it will operate with 21 teams unless Redcar are very lucky there is also West Allotment / Durham without Stadiums and also are Hebburn sorted I know the crowds have increased and I enjoyed the game last Tuesday v Nufc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 pm 

Well done them, i might pop to a few of your games next season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:19 pm 

SSOT wrote:
be subject to the application of the Rules until the date of the following Annual

So there could be hope for Redcar if they can get a sympathetic ear at the FA and once again with S.Shields promotion and Norton ( count as a relegated Team ? ) Folding wouldn't think a team (Esh Winning ) will be relegated and will receive a well deserved reprieve from what I seen after he turn of the year as second Division looks like it will operate with 21 teams unless Redcar are very lucky there is also West Allotment / Durham without Stadiums and also are Hebburn sorted I know the crowds have increased and I enjoyed the game last Tuesday v Nufc

You already know that the FA are belligerent & will just promote Jarrow & run the EBAC NL2 short next season. I don't think common sense or sympathy comes into the FA's thinking & the people running the NL probably haven't even thought about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:35 pm 

Didn't know that about Redcar, good luck to them, they seem a well-run forward-thinking club.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
SSOT wrote:

You already know that the FA are belligerent & will just promote Jarrow & run the EBAC NL2 short next season. I don't think common sense or sympathy comes into the FA's thinking & the people running the NL probably haven't even thought about it.

So will NL2 run with 20 clubs next season. or will each division run with 21 . Shields up. 3 down , leaves 18. 3 up back to 21. Or will the just relegate 2 which would leave 20 in NL2, either way if they don't promote 3 instead of only Jarrow into the NL then its down to 42 clubs if West Allotment do fold.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:36 pm 

goose wrote:
Didn't know that about Redcar, good luck to them, they seem a well-run forward-thinking club.

They've done everything the right way. Compare it to how teams were promoted to the NWCL last season then the injustice is appalling. Oswestry Town for instance, were in the Mercian League. This is outside the pyramid & actually promoted teams up to the WMRL2(the WMRL1 is step 7)& they were promoted up to the NWCL1(same level as NL2). The City of Liverpool FC didn't even exist before this season & were allowed to join the NWCL1. So I'm sure you can see the disparity of how clubs are treated around the country. If the FALC allows teams to be promoted from outside the pyramid to fill leagues in the southern part of the Country. Then I think Redcar should appeal(especially now that it looks like the NL2 will be running short of clubs). But if I was them, I'd ask the Wearside League & the NL if they'd support an appeal & in the WL case promoting another club.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:44 pm 

Any you wouldn't want the NL to run with odd numbers so might as well just promote Birtley too while you're at it