All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: New website coming for Ebac Northern League
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All

As a bit of an update relating to the new Northern League website:

Archives - This is something that will be built up ASAP as Neil has mentioned. I had hoped to have this progressed quicker, however due to a number of other things, this fell behind with where I had hoped it would be at.

Fixtures / Results Pages - The ordering of this has been problematic as a number of people have mentioned and we are aware of. This is due partly to how the database was designed, and we will be looking at ways to improve this (to split out divisions / competitions).

Club Archive Results - Again, this is something once I have more seasons of data added, I will be looking at to make club lists easier to navigate.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 am 

The site doesnt render on iPhones correctly the most popular device used

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

What issues are you having on iPhone?

Are you able to send some screenshots to feedback@northernfootballleague.org as we haven't noticed any issues on either iOS or Android devices so far and we can have a look at this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 pm 

Gav wrote:
Hi All

Archives - This is something that will be built up ASAP as Neil has mentioned. I had hoped to have this progressed quicker, however due to a number of other things, this fell behind with where I had hoped it would be at.

Fixtures / Results Pages - The ordering of this has been problematic as a number of people have mentioned and we are aware of. This is due partly to how the database was designed, and we will be looking at ways to improve this (to split out divisions / competitions).

Club Archive Results - Again, this is something once I have more seasons of data added, I will be looking at to make club lists easier to navigate.

Cheers
Gav, I tried to access http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... e-database and was met with this sign in box, which I know nothing about. Am I missing something?

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Gav wrote:
Hi All

Cheers
Gav, I tried to access http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... e-database and was met with this sign in box, which I know nothing about. Am I missing something?

Strange thing is it works if you copy and paste into the browser.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi mate, the link in your post above is fine, the one on the news article had a mistake in it.

Corrected now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 am 

We do appreciate the time that people take to air their views about the new website and we have made changes since it was launched after taking people’s comments on board.

There are still individual aspects that we’re trying to sort out, including the order that fixtures and results appear.

There are a number of features that mean it’s much more up-to-date:
- Results can now be added within minutes of a game;
- the league tables are automatically updated – again very quickly after the fixtures;
- results of individual matches now include goal scorers, times of goals, significant incidents such as red cards and missed penalties as well as the attendance;
- we can use photos alongside news stories and the blog;
- news stories are put up much more speedily; and
- we can now embed YouTube broadcasts (for example the recent cup draws) in articles.

It’s still work in progress and we’re always looking at ways we can improve and add to what is included on the site.

As Gav has mentioned previously, we had hoped to put more of the archive material on the website by now but that has been delayed by having to deal with other issues.

One comment in this thread mentioned about a welcome to new clubs to the league. I did write features about Redcar Athletic and Birtley Town – and we held the two cup draws at those clubs as a “welcome to the league” gesture which was appreciated by both.

Thanks again for your comments. We can’t promise to do everything that people want but we’ll certainly consider suggestions.

Mike Snowdon
Media and PR officer
Ebac Northern League

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm 

Hi Mike

I was comparing the website to the NWCL website(which is the best step 5/6 IMO). Their are regular updates and in-depth stories, across a range of issues.
The NWCL chairman & other league committee members have articles every now & again. They announce any changes & potential changes that the FA are going to introduce.
So the FA's restructure of steps 4/5/6 which is due for season 2020/21, will have a full blown article on it & they'll announce anything as soon as they know something. They'll also give regular updates on matters like this.
They will also have an article on all the step 7 teams that have applied for promotion to their league. Giving details about those clubs & what requirements those clubs have to do to get their grounds ready. If you regularly look on their website, you'll get an understanding how much they keep their clubs & fans informed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:22 pm 

MikeS wrote:
- results of individual matches now include goal scorers, times of goals, significant incidents such as red cards and missed penalties as well as the attendance;
Scorers and attendance for Ryhope CW v Shildon on 14/08/18 hasn't been updated yet.

Also, probably a human glitch, Heaton Stannington is scheduled to play two matches, one a league fixture, the other a cup tie, on 12/09/18.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:19 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
MikeS wrote:
Scorers and attendance for Ryhope CW v Shildon on 14/08/18 hasn't been updated yet.

Also, probably a human glitch, Heaton Stannington is scheduled to play two matches, one a league fixture, the other a cup tie, on 12/09/18.
Both now amended :twisted: