It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Dennis Knight
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 pm 

Sea View wrote:
Unless the club has had previous for this kind of thing which I'm not aware they have, then the punishment should fall entirely on the player.

Totally agree that the player must recieve a hefty fine and suspension, However Roofing also have to accept some responsibilty, It's there player and as a club they have to set an example and that ALL there players behave correctly, As any other club should do, Certainly no points reductions etc, But a club fine and a stern warning regarding any future incidents, This policy should apply to all clubs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Surely the league need to review this and enforce a points deduction on Roofing and award the 3 points to West Auckland. Only way any credibility would be restored.

You mean only way Bishop might have a chance of staying in the division.

I was at the game last night and this incident came from nowhere, just Knight being usual w***** self. Jarrow don’t deserve a point deduction as others have said, they ground out a deserved point and should keep it. Knight should disappear though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:40 pm 

I have viewed Jarrow on a couple of occasions this season and each time the behaviour has been less than desirable from the sideline I add. I read yesterday the game was abandoned then re started fair enough I suppose but will the match official have an obligation to report the added incident not only to footballing authorities but to the police or is that extreme especially when it’s been on social media to add does it not make the officials look bad abandoning a game them deciding to restart it. The beauty of non league football

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 pm 

The initial dismissal (violent conduct as I understand it) sits squarely with the player.
If a player then threatens an official, a club will understandably be charged with failure to control their players.

Once a game is abandoned it should remain so.

Nemesis has hit the nail on the head, either brave it out and file a misconduct for the threat or if the matter is serious enough to warrant an abandonment, then so be it. However, this u-turn on the abandonment makes it easier for the league management committee- they no longer have to make a decision on the remainder of the game that was left unplayed. Games can consist of less than 90 minutes, but both planned halves should be equal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:50 am 

Sossa wrote:
I have viewed Jarrow on a couple of occasions this season and each time the behaviour has been less than desirable from the sideline I add. I read yesterday the game was abandoned then re started fair enough I suppose but will the match official have an obligation to report the added incident not only to footballing authorities but to the police or is that extreme especially when it’s been on social media to add does it not make the officials look bad abandoning a game them deciding to restart it. The beauty of non league football

So you've watched Jarrow a couple of times this season and there behaviour hasn't been up to scratch. What about Jarrow Roofing who play in Division 1. Nothing confusing about this. There's Jarrow in Division 2 and Jarrow Roofing in division 1. I've watched a few Northern league games meself this season and not one sideline was picture perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:23 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Sossa wrote:

So you've watched Jarrow a couple of times this season and there behaviour hasn't been up to scratch. What about Jarrow Roofing who play in Division 1. Nothing confusing about this. There's Jarrow in Division 2 and Jarrow Roofing in division 1. I've watched a few Northern league games meself this season and not one sideline was picture perfect.

CAN I APPOLIGIES FOR THE FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING IT WAS Roofing I WAS COMMENTING ON I would have imagined people reading this would realise that but for those that don’t there is my apology I feel so bad for my error.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:57 am 

No bother mate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:41 pm 

looks like good night for dennis knight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:43 pm 

How does that not result in some sort of instant ban, he was playing today, and scored...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 pm 

Yeah, I thought red cards resulted in immediate bans? His ban doesn't start until the 26th.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:29 pm 

if thats the case..it will give him plenty of time to threaten another official.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm 

local lad wrote:
if thats the case..it will give him plenty of time to threaten another official.
squeeze one game in..home to gizzy tuesday.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:36 pm 

Suspensions for a red card come into effect 7 days later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59 am 

Suspended from 26th April for 4 games