It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Durham 0 Marske 1
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 pm 

Well, as Jimmy Greaves always used to say - 'it's a funny old game'. Last saturday we played really well against Bishops and ended up with nothing whereas yesterday we were definitely second best but came away with all three points. At the moment I would take points over performance although I know that Ted is striving for both. I thought we started poorly and they bossed the game with their number 4 running the show forcing us on the back foot. Scott, Adam, Leon and Lewis had their work cut out keeping them at bay as Durham were much more comfortable on the artificial surface and I was relieved to go in level at half time. We definitely improved in the second half but they still had most of the posession without really creating any clear cut chances. However we probably had the best chance when Yaley went round their keeper in the six yard box but took it too wide and couldn't find the net. Then just when it looked like ending goalless along came Lewis Tidy who won an important tackle in his own penalty area then set off on a seventy yard run forward and played a one two with Gilly on the way, followed by another one, with Bruno or Tommy ( not sure which ) on the edge of their box before finishing calmy with a scorching toe-ender which flew into the net for a superb goal. Every Marske player joined in the celebrations on the pitch and the seventy or more Marske fans in the stands celebrated too. The final whistle couldn't come quick enough and the three points became even more significant when we heard the rest of the days results which revealed that all the teams around us at the bottom end of the table had lost. The back three were great yesterday and Lewis Tidy has already become a fans favourite after only three games. I don't think he realises just how good he is. He makes it look so easy.

Post subject: Re: Durham 0 Marske 1
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:43 pm 

Absolutely spot on. It certainly looked as though it was going to finish goalless, though thanks to some solid defending and missed chances it could have been a lot different. I also thought that Wheats was absolutely outstanding at the back yesterday. Let's hope for a decent performance against Hebburn next week, they've certainly got off to a good start and will fancy their chances.

Post subject: Re: Durham 0 Marske 1
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 pm 

I think with Scott going off and looking out for a while we will now need to go in the market for a striker if we have not already yesterdays possesion proved that

Twitter acccounts @theCitizensafc @DCAFCsupporters
Radio DCAFC Official Radio Station http://www.spreaker.com/user/dcafc