It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Marske 0 Dunston 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 pm 

If I'm honest, this was a disappointing performance, albeit against a decent side who are clearly in a false position in the table. I thought we were very poor in the first half and probably gave them too much respect and other than Gilly's snapshot that the keeper saved brilliantly, we didn't really create any other decent chances. We played better in the second half but again didn't really create too many chances, the best two being DO's flick on that Charlo missed and the keeper just managed to claw the ball away and Bimbo's shot from around 6 yards when he was leaning back and couldn't keep his shot down.

On the plus side, I thought that Bruno and Hugill both did really well when they came on and both must be in contention to start on Wednesday. Also, I believe the crowd was just over 200 which was excellent and was boosted by a decent following from Dunston.

Post subject: Re: Marske 0 Dunston 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:12 pm 

Summed up pretty well there NGTW its gunna take time for ted to put his stamp on this team but I'm sure he will get it right and we will see some good football I was pleased to see us pass the ball out from the back and use the midfield and not just launch it 80 yards for the strikers to chase our front play has been very poor last few games we are not holding it up to bring players into the game we seem to be losing it very cheaply wed night will be a tough game but I think we will get something out of it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 am 

Sorry this is a late post from me but we had power cuts throughout yesterday otherwise I would have been on earlier. However if I'm honest I didn't really expect any points from this game.
I agree with both the previous comments but I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned the other substitute Lewis Tidy who came on at half time for Burto. He was my m.o.m. for us in the second half. He won all his headers and tackles and was comfortable on the ball and, in my opinion looks like being a great asset to the team. Bruno and Hugill both definitely improved things too although I wasn't impressed by the other loanee from Whitby who started at right back. Just a pointer for those that don't know this - Jordan has been out for ten months with a very bad injury and Whitby have asked us to use him sparingly initially as he isn't ready for ninety minutes yet. I know that he feels great and wants to play so we will probably increase his minutes on the pitch over the coming matches but he certainly looks the business to me and I can't wait to see him in full flow.
As others have said on here, it's early days yet for the new manager, but I've no doubt that he will get it right. Obviously the sooner the better would be nice, starting with three points on Wednesday. No pressure then Ted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 pm 

Agreed with piper again.

Lewis was a class act when he came on, great composure on the ball and I don't think I saw him waste one pass. Also Hugill looks like he could be a great asset whilst we have him. Very talkative, good ball retention always looking forwards.

I think our problem at the moment is confidence, once Ted has sorted out his team results will come and confidence will increase.

Hopefully the attendance will be higher than the lowest gate of the season so far at 107 people but the gate suffered today with Stokesley Show, Middlesbrough and Marske United at home.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:48 pm 

PP always gives a good view and its nice to read when you maybe cant get to a game, as doe all the others in general with the odd lunny!

I think the team has struggled to go through the transition of one and now two managers. Craig brought in some good players but struggled to get the best out of them and confidence drained, and some games/teams that were there for the taking werent! Then injuries, holidays, work, and players coming and going hasnt helped and now another manager! The league is very demanding with the amount of teams, cups etc and the 7 day rule is maddness. Anyway hoping things turn for the better soon.

Its good to get young players into the team and get the blend right. Jordy whom is onloan as mentioned below i know is a decent palyer but is coming back from injury and it takes time. With the number of games and misguided challenges by some lesser players you can be back to square one quickly. Josh M had a nightmare time not so long ago now Curt C has struggled with two bad knocks and the lad is extremely frustrated to be stop start, especially having put in over 35+games for synners last year.

Ted been round the block but it will take time. Lets hope for good footie and better results at this great club.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:02 pm 

That's much appreciated Cogsy. I always try to be fair in my posts and I'm glad you like them. Obviously not everyone will agree every time but we are all entitled to our opinions and providing no lines are crossed regarding insults etc. no harm is done and if it gets people talking about the club then all the better I say.