It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Danny Lambert
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 pm 

See that Danny has tonight joined Newton Aycliffe. Very disappointed that he has gone as I don't actually think we saw the best of him. Good luck to him and at least he can't come back to haunt us as we have played them twice in the league already!

Post subject: Re: Danny Lambert
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 pm 

Totally agree It is very disappointing to lose such a quality player in Lambert
We worked hard in getting him to the club and he was happy to sign But unfortunately he's best of mates with Danny Earl who had agreed to sign for us but then at the last minute changed his mind leaving Lambo out on a limb It was made twice as hard as he also doesnt drive and although we'd made special transport arrangements for him he felt that this would be a problem for him and he didn't want to put us out.....! So with this in mind he's linked up with his mate a Aycliffe... Our loss there gain unfortunately, as once the lad got fully fit he would of been a massive addition to the team and definately a crowd favourite
We will endeavour to keep trying to bring in top quality players as its what the club deserves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:25 pm 

Yes it is very disappointing but what was Earls reason for changing his mind as I know he watched a couple of our games including the Morpeth cup game. As a striker I think he would have been impressed by all the chances we created in that game and thought to himself ' I would have scored five today in this team, 'where do I sign'
However they've both made their decisions now and we need to concentrate on tomorrows game against an upbeat Billy Town after their good performance on saturday against Darlo.
Starting with two strikers would be nice ( in my opinion ).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 pm 

Maybes there will be an opportunity to bring them both to the club in the future? Who knows they might not settle at Aycliffe.

But like piper says, onwards and upwards, looking forward to the game tomorrow night

Current League Position - 6th