PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:47 am 

Marske United v Billingham Town
Wednesday 19th September, 7.30pm
Ebac Northern League Division 1

Match Preview Here:
http://www.marskeunitedfc.com/match-preview.htm

Post subject: Re: Marske United v Billingham Town - Wed 19th September
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 am 

totally enjoyed the game last night thought billy town started brighter and went 1 nil up very quick that no 10 was, but that goal was a good wake up call to marske who got back level and took control of the game 3 really good finishes for the goals, thought the passing was better all over the pitch just hope we can take that performance into saturdays game and start a little unbeaten run going

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am 

Much better all round performance. Worked as a team with positive talking through out.
NGTW was hoping for 7 points out of four games, keep this performance up and make his and our day ahead of the dinner on Saturday night.

Keith Wilkinson was match sponsor and picked a deserved Chris McGill as his 'man of the match'.

Well done :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:49 pm 

The previous posts present a fairly rosy picture. I don't want spoil things but I think a balance of opinions is due. Billingham created dozens of very good chances that they failed to convert and could have easily had a few goals but for poor finishing. I think the warning signs were there or at least I hope they were that at times the Marske defence was full of holes and a better team would have punished us. Although Marske made fewer chances they put them away when it mattered for a well deserved win against a team that is at the bottom of the division.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:21 pm 

I must have been at a different match. I cant remember us having dozens of chances. Best team won.

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm 

Peter C wrote:
Much better all round performance. Worked as a team with positive talking through out.
NGTW was hoping for 7 points out of four games, keep this performance up and make his and our day ahead of the dinner on Saturday night.

Keith Wilkinson was match sponsor and picked a deserved Chris McGill as his 'man of the match'.

Well done :)

Certainly would make my day!! If we play like we did last night, we've got a great chance of picking up 3 points. Magowan looks an excellent acquisition, Keo and Anth were excellent in the middle and Charlo and Gilly had great games out wide. I know that Gilly sees himself as an out and out striker but for me it gives us another goalscoring option in the team.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:12 pm 

Great performance, much improved from the RCA game. Hopefully DO and Magowan can continue to work on their partnership upfront, worked well.

Also Gilly was a deserved MOTM although every player in a yellow shirt put a performance in. Keep it going lads.

Hopefully the attendance will be higher than the lowest gate of the season so far at 107 people but the gate suffered today with Stokesley Show, Middlesbrough and Marske United at home.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm 

Much better performance and was a good game to watch. I don't buy this knackers about them being bottom so don't get excited...they have some handy players and have played some of the harder teams in the table. They'll do alright based on the effort they put in.

I'll celebrate a good win anytime, and I'll try to be constructive when we lose. You ever hear the saying SBY "being so cheerful keeps you going?" :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 pm 

I took in the match and it's only the first 20 minutes when Marske United were under the cosh from attacks by Billingham Town. It wasn't the Billingham Town no. 10 (Jamie Owens) who was causing Marske United defenders the problems it was their no. 9 (Nicky Martin) who was cutting through them. After Marske United equalised the game started to turn. To me in the 2nd half Billingham Town ran out of ideas and Marske United were the more probing team and in the end were good value for their victory. I enjoyed the 1st half which was very entertaining whereas the 2nd half seemed to lack the passion of 1st half and was a bit flat. Enjoyed the pint of Strongarm at £1.65 and am still wading my way through the excellent programme. That was a more enjoyable evening I had than if I'd stayed in and watched the Champions League. Could be a good partnership in the making there with Magowan and Onions by the way and if so you will do alright for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:50 pm 

Cheers Redcar Ram, as a neutral that was a fair and honest reflection of how the game went...!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 pm 

I was at home watching Chelsea. Andy's thelittlefella and me, Chris is the Redcar Ram. Why are you confused the coach? Is it because you don't beliieve I exist because you've never seen me? My brother Andrew is a Marske Uniited fan, I'm sure he'll Confirm to you I exist. We're both smiling at your confusion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 pm 

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 pm 

Highlights courtesy of the Northern League Club.
http://youtu.be/dIb-Si7__AA