It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: newton aycliffe v marske utd
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 am 

big game today put wednesday nights disappointment behind us and get some league points on the board

UP THE MARSKE UTD

Post subject: Re: newton aycliffe v marske utd
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:51 am 

I hate to admit it but we never looked like getting any points yesterday from the first minute to the last Boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:58 pm 

Correct PP, this was an extremely disappointing performance against a team who, in my opinion, were lacking confidence. We only created two chances all game, a header from a Charlo corner that Leon headed over and a shot from the left hand edge of the box that he fired over. I think both players will probably feel they should have hit the target.

Scott had a great game in goal (showing how much Aycliffe dominated the match) and made 3 or 4 top drawer saves as well as saving a penalty. The two best players on show were Earl and Woodhouse for Aycliffe and it came as no surprise that the goal came from a Woodhouse cross as he was a constant menace to the Marske back 4.

Next up is an extremely tough game at Ashington on Tuesday followed by 3 consecutive home games against RCA, Billingham Town and Consett. In my opinion we need to be looking at 7 points from those 4 games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm 

Spot on as usual NGTW and very kind too because in all honesty I thought we were really poor. As you rightly say Scott was superb and to be fair to them the back four worked their socks off although I suppose they had no choice as Aycliffe came forward straight from the off and could quite easily have been four up in the first twenty minutes. We wern't allowed to keep much possession as they pressed us all over the pitch and I honestly can't remember their keeper making a save. I suppose it's early days yet and I know I'm stating the obvious but we need to get some more points on the board soon or risk being left adrift in the bottom three and I would be ecstatic if we could get the seven points you suggest NGTW.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm 

Interesting that the positives were Scott (the keeper) and a couple of Aycliffe players. The defence, including Scott saved too many corners but with no outlet since all on the goal line or in the penalty area what can we expect.
I thought there were a few more positives: Lambert on right wing and Collantine when he came on at right back. We also worked the ball out of defence a couple of times with some fantastic passing moves. The negatives were: we lumped the ball up the pitch too many times from defence and goal kicks right on the head of their big centre back not to Lambert who was starved in the first half yet was able to skin his fullback. The mid-field was weak without Ormerod (injured I believe) and Edwards needs to up his game. Burto was constantly outplayed and gave away too many fouls. Up front, DO isn't 'doing it - his first touch was atrocious, giving the ball away almost with every contact and he simple cant hold up the ball and bring team members into play. The substitution of McGill could more easily have been DO and it might have been more beneficial to bring Benn on earlier. We're out of the cup and vase - only to be proven if we can play our way up the table. I for one hope we can improve. The only team Aycliffe have beaten is Marske after loosing first 6 games!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 pm 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Fickle, sad, lonely individual..... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 pm 

Let’s stay focused on improving performance and results. So far we’re out of the Cup, Vase and not setting the league alight. Let’s not hope that all we are playing for is to avoid relegation! What’s required is an overall improvement and pointing our good points and weaknesses may help. The fans see all and many of us have played at senior levels and read the game as well as the players and management. The points that I made in my earlier post were echoed by many of the fans at Aycliffe. The reason to name names is so that it not just fluff but things that can be worked on to improve. If DO continues to attempt to slag off fans, F & Blind on the pitch that he does frequently, and fails to improve his team work then I predict that I and others will be watching Marske long after he has gone. I would remind him that scoring a goal but not winning the game means nothing to Marske (NO POINTS). DO, get your ego out of the way and start being a team player. We need goals from yourself and many others to entertain the fans and stay in the First Division.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 pm 

Your not a fan.
Your just a jumped up geek who comes on the forum to slag the players and manager off at every opportunity, coz u think it gives you a bit of power and credit.
Know your players :D
That is all.x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:13 pm 

Mmm, truth hurt DO?
Do yourself a big favour.
Do not post stupid comments on a fans forum. :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 am 

It's a shame for the REAL fans at Marske, it's spoilt by a small percentage of narrow minded individuals who get a kick off the team playing badly.
All this and only played 3 league games, new management and new players need time.
It's quite embarrassing really, nothing like getting behind your team???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am 

I really don't want to get involved in this but surely this forum is not the place for the above.

The season certainly hasn't started as the management, players or fans would have hoped for but we have only played 3 league games and surely we shouldn't be passing judgement on the squad yet. Yes, Saturday was a bitter disappointment and, if I'm honest, there were very few positives to take from the game but it's at times like this when everyone needs to stick together and back the players that Craig and the mamangement team send onto the pitch. It does no-one any good to be sniping and back biting on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 am 

I suppose you are right NGTW but everyone is entitled to an opinion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:43 am 

Absolutely PP football is all about opinions and would be boring if everyone thought the same. I just think that any comments need to be constructive and in a lot of cases, above, they aren't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm 

I do believe the posts are in fact +ve. Simply do more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff. So just reverse some of the bad, i.e. don't lump the ball up the field onto the centre half head - work it out through backs and mid-field and use the winger that is skinning the full back. Don't have poor first touches - get the ball under control and play in team members. Maintain possession at throw-ins - throw to feet and return. Etc, etc. Of course, these comments only makes sense if the we the fans believe that this is an input to management and team. I for one don't. It's simply fans expressing their opinions and wishing and hoping that the team will improve. We're not 3 games into this season; we've played half a dozen friendlies, three cup/vase matches and a couple of league games. If all teams made excuses then .......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:31 pm 

Coooo-eee! Just one of your neighbours from up the road in Redcar. Would you mind quietening down and not washing your dirty laundry in public. We can hear all the comotion from here. Look would it help you all by telling you that we did not even score on our first 3 games this season and we have since won the following 7. New management and new players just needed time to bed in to gel. So ssshhh! now. 8)