It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Marske 2 South Shields 5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 pm 

With Leon Carling carrying a knock, Burto made one change to the home side with Andy Raw starting and Leon dropping to the bench. I'm not really going to make too much comment about the game other than to say that Shields thoroughly deserved their win and it could actually have been more if it wasn't for a man of the match performance from Lips. Shields led 2-0 early on and both goals came from Marske errors - the first from Charlo and the second from Gilly. Marske got back into the game 5 minutes before HT with a shot (sorrry cross!!) from Bruno that sailed into the net!

Marske equalised early in the second half after a bit of pinball in the Shields box the ball fell to Gilly who slotted home. The game then turned on two Shields penalties, the first for handball (there could have been a handball by a Shields player in the build up) and the second for a foul by Wheats. Shields added a gloss to the score late on with a long range shot that perhaps Lips should have done better with.

I can't end without comment about what happened in the clubhouse after the game which is why most of us watch non league football. Steve Jones from PRA Solutions nominated (rightly) Graeme Willey as Marske's man of the match. The second sponsor (Heinz Alder from Switzerland!!!!) then picked Shields centre half and assistant manager Lee Picton as man of the match and then promptly presented him with a cow bell!! This seemed to make Lee's day and I'm sure he'll treasure it for a long time!!

Well done to Shields who deserved their win and it made up for our 4-3 win at their place earlier in the season. I've got to say that their fans were excellent and a credit to their club.

Back to Marske and we must improve 100% on Monday for the Guisborough game otherwise we'll be in for a very, very tough game.

Post subject: Re: Marske 2 South Shields 5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 pm 

Doesn't sound too good Mark but hopefully we will raise our game tomorrow against Guisbro' . They lost 4 - 2 after being 2 up so will also be hoping for improvement which could make this game a cracker. I'm the sponsor for tomorrows game and gutted that I'll miss it. My son will be there as my representative and let's hope he brings us some luck. Now that this mini unbeaten run is over I wonder if there will be any changes in the starting line up to freshen things up a bit as it sounds like a lacklustre performance yesterday.