It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Adam Gell on the transfer list??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:19 am 

very disappointed to here Adam Gell has gone on the transfer list thought he has been one of the better players this season his partnership with Tommy Marron in the centre of the pitch was superb on our unbeaten run both players had a good understanding together i wish him all the best to where ever he goes he will certianly be a great addition to someones squad

Post subject: Re: Adam Gell on the transfer list??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:35 am 

Must admit I was surprised to see him not play any part at all against us on Saturday.

But Adam if you are reading this, from experience this is the worst time of season to be changing club.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:08 pm 

Players like Adam are worth their weight in gold. They do all the dirty work in the middle of the park closing players down and never shirk a tackle. He has never let us down and was unlucky to be left out on saturday. I hear that Guisborough are interested and I can tell them that they will be getting a real team player who always gives 100% no matter who the opposition and he is a great lad too. Best of luck Adam you will be missed mate. (And you and Luke, Bev)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 pm 

I hear that Guisborough are interested and I can tell them that they will be getting a real team player who always gives 100% no matter who the opposition and he is a great lad

i would be very disappointed to lose gelly to 1 of our main rivals pied piper but you cant fault the lad if he wants to move on im sure i would of been disappointed to have been left out on sat it just shows he wants to play and not be a bench warmer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:02 pm 

Letting Gelly go is a big mistake IMO - especially to Guisborough, our nearest rivals. The only downside to his game last season was he tended to take just a touch too many but this season he's sorted that out and has been the hardest worker in the last couple of weeks.

No disrespect to the 2 lads coming back to the club this week but I'd much rather have Gelly.

Good luck to you anyway Adam, you'll do well wherever you go. And if you do get interest from other clubs than Guisborough you should definitely consider them :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:46 pm 

Sadly, Gelly has signed for Guisborough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:53 pm 

very disappionting news to hear all the best gelly hope the move works out for you. you were certainly in my top 3 for player of the season

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm 

Agreed BB99. Adam was in the top 3 for me too and will be missed. The fact that he has been allowed to leave is going to rile the fans. The fact he has gone to Guisborough is going to multiply that by 10 in my opinion.

I think the chatter on the bus to Bishop's will be a bit one-sided on Saturday....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 am 

A very disappointing few days.

A much improved performance on Saturday with nothing to show at the end, followed by one of our best and most consistent performers of the season deciding to leave. I'll go a step further and say Gelly would've been my first choice for player of the season.

It's sad that he didn't decide to see the season out with us but he clearly has his reasons for leaving and I echo those in wishing him well for the future.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:00 pm 

I for one would like to know if a member of the management team would be willing to give the paying fans a explanation as to why we have signed back an older player and let one of our most influential players leave?? Why do we decide to replace one of the better midfielder's but then keep certain other midfielder's who don't have half the talent gelly had?? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:33 am 

Stevie wrote:
I for one would like to know if a member of the management team would be willing to give the paying fans a explanation as to why we have signed back an older player and let one of our most influential players leave?? Why do we decide to replace one of the better midfielder's but then keep certain other midfielder's who don't have half the talent gelly had?? :shock:

I'm no longer a member of the management team but I do still talk regularly to Burto and discuss whats been happening after each game. For the record Paul spoke to Adam, as he does to every player, explaining his reason for leaving him out of the starting line up against Billingham Town. He felt that Gelly had carried an injury in his previuos game and that he wasnt 100% fit. After the game Gelly asked to be put onto the transfer list saying he needed a fresh start.
An 'older player' - Steve Cochrane I think you're refering to - wasnt signed to replace Gelly he was brought in due to injuries to other players - Anth Ormerod for one. Additionally Paul didnt let Adam leave the club. You cant stop players from leaving if they want to leave and are not happy. I've come on here previously and stated that I hoped Gelly would stay but at the end of the day if the lad wants a new start and feels he will be better looked after elsewhere what can you do?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:38 pm 

IT BAFFLES ME THAT FANS DO NOT APPEAR TO KNOW THE RULES REGARDING PLAYER TRANSFERS IN THE NORTHERN LEAGUE. IF A CLUB GIVES SEVEN DAYS NOTICE TO APPROACH A PLAYER WITH A VIEW TO SIGNING THE PLAYER ON A FREE TRANSFER THERE IS NOTHING THE CLUB OR MANAGER CAN DO TO PREVENT THE PLAYER LEAVING SHOULD CHOOSE TO DO SO. WHY ASK THEREFORE WHY A PLAYER IS "ALLOWED TO LEAVE"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:17 pm 

We know the rules thank you. The fans of Marske are gutted at losing a quality young player, as you would expect. The question is more of an internal one where we are wondering how the player has asked to leave, and is there anything that could have been done to persuade him otherwise.

We don't question a player's right to leave, nor a club's right to serve 7 days notice to talk to him.

At the risk of me being banned from here for free speech, your post is derisory, generalistic and inflamatory. The phrase "it baffles me that fans do not appear to know the rules" makes out that we are all simpletons, and you aim it at every poster to this thread which I take personal offence to. Do you know all of the specifics regarding this transfer?

We as a fanbase have the right to voice our shock and dis-pleasure at losing a fan's favourite. You do not have the right to provide a general lecture to any and all Marske fans that they suffer a lack of knowledge about how the League, that they have spent many, many years following, works. May I suggest that if you are to make such remarks that you specify the poster that it relates to, and directly answer their specific issue.

As you may be aware I take particular offence to your post and will be happy to see your response.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 pm 

NUMERO UNO wrote:
IT BAFFLES ME THAT FANS DO NOT APPEAR TO KNOW THE RULES REGARDING PLAYER TRANSFERS IN THE NORTHERN LEAGUE. IF A CLUB GIVES SEVEN DAYS NOTICE TO APPROACH A PLAYER WITH A VIEW TO SIGNING THE PLAYER ON A FREE TRANSFER THERE IS NOTHING THE CLUB OR MANAGER CAN DO TO PREVENT THE PLAYER LEAVING SHOULD CHOOSE TO DO SO. WHY ASK THEREFORE WHY A PLAYER IS "ALLOWED TO LEAVE"

having followed marske and non league football for some years now i am fully aware of the transfer rules, it just seems strange as to why he would leave for guisbrough who are in a similar league possition to ourselves?? and rilo i always appreciate you coming on here to answer questions that fans ask and heres to hoping skelly and steve can get us back amongst the goals and get a few more wins under our belts between now amd the end of the season