It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Bedlington 3 Marske 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:12 pm 

Several senior players were unavailable for this game (Bruno, Thommo, Talla, Ormerod,Rawsy) along with Rob Jones, and Wheats which resulted in a young side (apart from Basher of course) making the long journey north. Marske started in a 4 - 4 -2 formation with new signing Owen Dixon forming a new front two partnership with Gilly. Mitchell Morris was on the bench alongside manger Burto.
However the team put up a really good performance with Owen and Gilly causing plenty of problems for their back four especially in the second half. Bedlington went ahead in the 42nd minute when we failed to clear a debateable free kick and it fell nicely for defender Snowdon to stab home from 4 yards. Half Time : 1 - 0 to the hosts.
The second half was great to watch as both teams took it in turns to attack but Bedlington went 2 nil up after 55 mins. with a great goal by Hubbard who curled the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box giving Lips no chance. Gilly shot wide after being set by Owen then Owen hit the post after being sent clear by Gilly. Lips then made two of his famous worldy saves to deny Shandran but on 75 minutes Hubbard made it 3 - 0 after being allowed to run forward unchallenged and shoot from 20 yards. Marske continued to attack and Gilly had a header well saved followed by another effort from Owen whic was saved. Charlo fired a free kick over the bar and Gilly had another good shot saved after more good work from Owen. Final Score : Bedlington 3 Marske 0.
To summarise I have to say that this was a much improved performance and Burto can be proud of the effort put in by his players who never gave up and caused plenty of problems for the home teams defence. Unfortunately that doesn't alter the fact that we have now lost 7 of our last 8 games and have failed to score 4 of the last 5 leaving us bottom of the form table below Stokesley. On the plus side the partnership between Gilly and Owen looks very promising and I think they deserve another chance to continue it on saturday. Oh and just an aside : The famous scoreboard wasn't working last night. Maybe someone had urinated on it !!!!!!

Last edited by pied piper on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bedlington 3 Marske 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm 
sorry to disagree mate i was at the game last night and it was 1 of the most 1 sided games i have watched in a long time apart from hitting the post u were outplayed for the full game and your goalkeeper made 3 superb saves it could of quite easily been 6-7 no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 pm 

Neither keeper made a save in the first half mate and you were lucky to go in 1 - 0 but undoubtably Bedlington were the better side and our keeper made three fantastic saves in the second half but that's what he's there for. We hit the post at 2 - 0 and had several efforts on goal so it can't have been all that one sided. Bedlington are a good side with your numbers 8, 9 and 10 very fit and mobile so no complaints about the result only about the scoreboard. Good luck for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:20 pm 
im not a bedlington fan i just pick a game and go m8. if thats wot your keepers there for you most certinly have a top shot stopper i was very impressed. thought there wasnt many clear cut chances in the first half however if any team was going 2 score it was bedlington. and they did and went in 1-0 up the 2nd half in my eyes was very one sided and thats why i said without the keeper u couldnt of argued if it was 6-7 coz those 3 saves were superb 1 bieng behind him and how he got back to it i will never no. anyway as you say you had a few missing so good luck for the rest of the season and hope your fortunes change in the forthcoming regards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:21 pm 

Owen and Gilly could be a very interesting combination. They could cause a few teams some problems. Good to hear Josh Myers is back at the club. I was at the game where he broke his leg early last season and while it was clearly a bad injury, I don't think anyone expected him to be out for as long as he has been.

And I was wondering quite recently what had happened to Mitch...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:35 pm 

Mr MJ, think Mitch has been playing for Redcar Town under 18s (though I could be wrong). Sounds like there were some positives to come out of the game despite the scoreline. One thing you can say about an Owen/Gilly frontline is that there is plenty of pace there!!

Hopefully our terrible run can come to an end on Saturday, though notice Synners had a great result last night!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:31 pm 

Cheers Local Follower that's fair enough. Enjoy the rest of the season on your travels.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Just to point out, the scoreboard isnt broken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running the Great North Run again in 2014 to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
http://www.justgiving.com/Michael-Boyle2014