It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Marske 1-3 Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm 

1 word sums up today, gutted.
I thought we deserved a draw out of the game bearing in mind their first goal was 15 yards offside and their 3rd came from a break away after one of Bishop's players tried to remove Bruno's head with an elbow.

Some of the football we played today was great to watch and a decent crowd today aswell.

Onwards and upwards.

Current League Position - 6th

Post subject: Re: Marske 1-3 Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:50 am 

Totally agree. Not only that, but DO had a very good appeal for a penalty turned down. I had a good view of it and he was definitely inside the box. Let's hope for the same kind of gutsy performance against West Auckland on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:42 am 

We started with the same team that performed so well on wednesday against Team Northumbria but Bishops were very quickly out of the blocks and for the first 30 minutes caused us lots of problems with their pace and movement. Scott made some good saves and kept us in it early on and I also think that the injury to Charlo affected us a lot as we lost our shape a bit when he went off. He took a really heavy knock and had lengthy treatment but came back on to give it a go and almost immediately was given the ball wide on the left. He was closed down and they gained posession and broke quickly to send Johnson through one on one with Scott and the striker calmly slotted the ball home to give them the lead. He may have been offside but like the good striker that he is he finished it anyway. Ted took Charlo off immediately to be replaced by Orms but they continued to cause problems and it wasn't long before it was two nil to the visitors after another quick break by Hawkins sent Johnson away down the left and his cross was side footed home by Megran. We then started to take control and began to create chances of our own and 'DO' brought us back into the game with a clever finish after beating their offside trap. It was all Marske now as we pushed for an equaliser and Tommy nearly brought us level in the last minute of the half but the keeper saved his shot at the near post. (mind you I thought he should have blasted it rather than place it).
Half Time 2 - 1 to Bishops. The second half was the complete opposite of the first with Marske on top although they still looked dangerous on the break. On the hour mark 'Do' was brought down at least a yard inside the box but the ref bottled it and gave a free kick right on the line and from that free kick one of their defenders somehow manged to clear the ball after it had beaten the keeper. Ted brought Dekka and Jordan Hugill on for Yale and Keo as we continued to press for the equaliser and a great cross by Dekka was met by Jordan at the back post but his header just skimmed the bar and went over. Then, in the very last minute, another cross into the box saw Bruno blatantly fouled by a defender which sent him crashing to the floor (and we all know that he doesn't go down easily)but the ref ignored it and they went staight up the other end and scored a third as Johnson was left clear to dribble round the keeper and slot home his second to make the final score Marske 1 Bishop Auckland 3. The final whistle followed immediately and the home fans were left to wonder just how we managed to lose that game.
In all honesty any neutral in the crowd would have really enjoyed the match as both teams tried to play football on a very heavy pitch
and their were several chances at both ends but as a Marske fan it was disappointing to see the officials bottle two important decisions which definitely cost us the game. However, Bishops are a good side and good luck to them although we play them again soon at their place in the cup so maybe we can get some revenge in that game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:42 pm 

A good effort by the lads - ruined in my opinion by some very poor officials, especially the liner in front of the chicken run. Blatant offside goal for them...blatant elbow on Bruno. A draw would have been fair but for the joke decisions by ref 'Joe Hart' and his mate with the flag that seemed to go up and down enough, but at the wrong times. The guy on the other flank seemed to flag for everything - except DO's goal which I heard was probably offside too - swings and roundabouts.

Some strong perfomances individually, especially in the 2nd half when chasing the draw. Roll on Wednesday and hopefully some better officials and a touch of luck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:22 pm 

If the match had finished 2 - 1 after 80 minutes I wouldn't have had too much to complain about to be honest but Hugill heading narrowly over right in front of goal then Bruno being blatantly elbowed by Tobin but being denied a penalty only to see Bishops going up to the other end to score all in the last 10 minutes made things harder to take, there certainly wasn't 2 goals between the teams over the 90 minutes.

In reality Bishops could have been out of sight in the first half hour or so and we didn't seem to believe we could get something until we actually scored, after which the contest was much more even but there was obviously 3 major talking points.
Perhaps a bit controversial but I thought Bishop's goal though tight was probably onside, Johnson was very clever throughout and no Marske player seemed outraged by an "offside" goal which sometimes tells a story.
Again, against the consensus I reckon I had a pretty good view of DO's penalty appeal and it seemed just outside the box to me, the pitch was cut up outside the box, not inside but it was a borderline decision and could have gone either way in reality, if it had been at the other end we would all have been swearing it was a foot outside that's for sure! There is no way DO or by the sound of it anyone else but the Bishops fans will be agreeing with me mind.
Tobin's elbow on Bruno though was blatant, the ref and lino must have been staring right at it and god knows how they didn't award a penalty.

Missing the last couple of weeks It was my first look at Tidy and Yale and I was impressed with both, DO as usual never stopped running and with a bit more luck could have won a penalty and scored with a couple of efforts from tight angles in the 2nd half, his goal in the first was well taken and I was much happier to see Tom in midfield.

In my opinion we have the best squad we have had since I've been watching Marske and things are looking up, I'm sure it's not long before we start picking up more points on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:49 pm 

Not too much to add to the above. There were three key decisions in the game (their first goal, the foul on DO where a free kick was awarded and the elbow to the back of Bruno's head in the box) and all three went against us.

I can't really comment on the offside as I was at the other end of the pitch but the consensus is that AJ was offside. Again, I was on the wrong side for the foul on DO but I spoke to a few after the match who were stood on the other side and all thought it was a penalty. I did, however, have a great view of the foul on Bruno which was a clear foul (free kick anywhere else on the pitch) and I was really disappointed that the ref and lino didn't have the guts to give it.

Overall, a draw would have been a fair result and most of the Bishop's fans we spoke to in the clubhouse after the game agreed.

Cheryl awarded MOM to David Yale which was an excellent choice; honourable mentions for me for DO and Bruno who both had great games. I agree with PP as well that Charlo going off really affected our shape as it left us with no real width on the left though Yaley tried his best out there even though his natural instinct is to come inside.

Yet again, another great crowd (217 I believe) and it was an excellent game to watch.

Wednesday sees West Auckland visit the GER for what will be another really tough game for the boys. However, play as well as we did yesterday and with a bit more luck, the results will definitely start to go our way.