It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Ryton & Crawcrook 3 Whickham 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 pm 

Team: Scott Cresswell. Nathan Johnstone. Jordan Lee. Alu Bangura. Craig Cavanagh. Ross Peareth. Eddy Keenan (Paul Cavanagh). Dan Streibelt (Sam MacIntosh). Rob Haney (Zak Atkinson). Scott Swanston. Jordan Lartey.

Unused subs: Joe Danquah and Scot Goldsmith-Scott

Post subject: Re: Ryton & Crawcrook 3 Whickham 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 am 

Poor performance to be honest, we had enough chances to win the game but chances don't count and fair play to Ryton who scored in the first minute from A penalty, they scored again late second half with a scrambled goal which did cross the line to be honest but I don't think the liner gave it, then after running 20 yards up the pitch seemingly playing on him And the ref seemed to come up with a goal, fair enough as they did get it right eventually.3rd goal was a long range effort that seemed to bounce in front of Scott and skidded in.

Overall if you don't take your chances yob get beat and we move on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 pm 

Morning Ressly I was the Liner last night I seen the scrammble and the ball cross the line the goalkeeper tried his best to keep it out but I would say the ball was two yards over the line. I will hold my hands up and admit it wasnt the most professional looking desicion I have ever made or been involved in. I was pressing the buzzer on the flag or thought I was any how I started to run towards the half way line to indicate a goal but the players seemed to carry on playing I then started to wave to get the refs attention (Obviously looking like a plonker). The Ref came over and I explained it was a goal and the goal was given. The keeper admitted it was a goal at half time and fair play to him for this. It took a little bit time to regain my composure after this but I feel I did and I hope it will only make me a better Official for the experiance. A change of batteries in the buzzer at the half time interval and off we went. I would like to think this gives some clarity from my behalf and sorry for the confusion.

Scotty Ref.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm 

Well done liner on coming on the forum to explain. I wouldn't worry about the confusion too much - as you say, Scott admitted it was well over the line, as did the handful of Whickham fans/committee members standing at that end. If that's the worst problem you have while officiating you'll be doing extremely well!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 pm 

:mrgreen: as you'll have read my post I knew it was a goal and thought we'd gotten away with it, right decision in the end so no probs.

I'd agree you looked a plonker :wink: :mrgreen: but as raffleman said not the end of the world and in my opinion we had enough chances of our own especially headers on goal to make a better fist of it and you never missed any of them!

Some you win, some you don't!