It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Morpeth 0 Whickham 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:50 pm 

Great battling performance today against a good Morpeth team. I'm sure they will feel they should have got all three points, but came up against Scott Cresswell in outstanding form. He made two or three world-class saves and lots of other good ones. It reminded me of Steve Robinson's performance in the DCC final a few years ago. Honourable mentions to the defenders as well, with Craig Cav particularly impressive. Up front we could have nicked it, but some of our shooting was a bit off today. As the squad continues to develop Robin and the lads have built a very solid foundation for the season.

Post subject: Re: Morpeth 0 Whickham 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:04 am 

Team: Scott Creswell. Nathan Johnstone. Jordan Lee. Alu Bangura. Craig Cavanagh. Ross Peareth. Joe Danquah (Sam MacIntosh). Dan Streibelt. Tony Thirkell. Scott Swanston (Zak Atkinson). Jordan Lartey.

Unused subs: Craig Rook. Rob Haney and Scot Goldsmith-Scott.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:32 am 

Agree Raffleman you simply can't question our commitment and as I've said before we're very much a work on progress with two players making league debuts today in Nathan and Peasy, aloo,joe, and Swanny all making only their second starts for us, so it's going to take time to gel, but we won't lack effort getting there.

I thought we played ok to be fair but to give Morpety their due they do look sharp going forward and they seemed to conjure up a chance from Most attacks, but we defended resolutely as a unit and scotty behind them not only pulled off some brilliant saves but he commanded his area much more than normal and we kept Morpeth out, we could even have nicked the win towards the end, delighted with a point and you can see why Morpeth are fancied to do well this season as they are a good side and very dangerous going forward.

The hospitality was excellent and we'll thank Morpeth for looking after us and good luck for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:48 am 

What a performance!!!! one of the best goalkeeping displays I have seen at this level of football. Joe Hart would have been proud of that game. well done Scott.
Credit must go also to young Jordon and Cav, for the way they mopped up all the loose balls when we were under the cosh.
A well earned point.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:00 pm 

I think we defended brilliantly as a unit and Nathan looks a good signing aswell because he stood up to be counted with the others.

Impressed with Morpeth to be fair, so as you say a great point and we said we'd look at it after 10 league games, so after 9 games(6 away from memory) were delighted with 14 points and an improving squad.