It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Ryton & Crawcrook 1 Whickham 1 (aet) WFC won 5-4 on pens.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 pm 

Team: Grant Scott. Jordan Lee. Scot Goldsmith-Scott. Andy Snaith (Paul Cavanagh). Craig Cavanagh. Ross Peareth. Joe Danquah (Zak Atkinson). Dan Streibelt. Tony Thirkell. Scott Swanston (Ian Robson). Jordan Lartey.

Unused subs: Scott Cresswell and Rob Haney.

Post subject: Re: Ryton & Crawcrook 1 Whickham 1 (aet) WFC won 5-4 on pens
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 am 

3 or 4 changes from Saturday and a bit of a re-shuffle with a few others last night and unthought we looked decent first half. We took the lead after a cracking header from the Ryton defender, second half was scrappy with Ryton coming into the game more and they equalised with a scrappy goal to make it 1-1. Ryton went a bit more direct and causes us some problems with us breaking out on the break, happy to get to full time 1-1 to be fair.

Extra time was much the same with the ball spending a lot of time sailing through the air and I thought Ryton shaded the extra time as we tired, snapper clearing one shot off the line.
After 120 minutes we were happy enough to take it to penalties after not playing that well.

Penalties: Roppa, Paul Cav, Scott Scott, Peasy and Tony Thirkell all scores with grant Scott saving Brian Dodsworths penalty to see us through.

As referees seem to be the topic of conversation at the minute I thought the ref was very lenient all night with both teams and I've no doubt on another night we could easily have seen 4 red cards, all would have been deserved. Thought any two of Rytons 2, 7 or 10 could easily have went and Peasy and Tony Thirkell walked a very fine line.

No complaints he didn't send any off because I'm sure neither club can afford the fines, but there was a lot of elbows, late tackles and off the ball stuff flying around from Both teams and
it made for a tetchy game.

Overall we'll take the win but we didn't play well and it was an awful game.

As for Ryton, thought they were better than their league start suggests and if I was them I'd
probaey feel it's a game they could of won.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 pm 

Totally agree, not much football played and both teams could of had a couple of players sent off. We are still re building and have over the last month brought in 7 new lads that will hopefully get us some results in the league, with another couple of faces joining us next this week. Would of liked to of seen new signing Dan Neary (ex Nufc Academy)come off the bench last night but he got injured in the warm up, think he might of just made the difference. Anyway it wasnt to been and good luck in the next round.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm 

Agreed and we've had a similar player input and as I've said elsewhere I don't feel as if we've even started yet! Strange but with all the chopping and changing we've had it feels like preseason.

Always excellent hospitality at Ryton and the new manager obviously has the passion for the job and it will take time, but i thought you's did ok and shaded the game overall.