It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Roofing 2 WFC 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:13 pm 

Overall I thought Roofing deserves the 3 points after being slightly better in an awful game, we didn't really get going first half and deserved to be one down at HT after a corner was headed in. Second half I thought we pressed and we were caught a bit on the break and a trailing leg from taggy cost us a penalty that made it 2-0.

We again had a go but got lucky when roofings sub missed a sitter, but I thought the big call was the ref bottling a decision when he denied us a blatant pen after tony was fouled, he got a shot off as he fell at the advancing keeper, the ref deeming that was his advantage.

Poor game, poor performance, poor result and poor refereeing on the day!

Post subject: Re: Roofing 2 WFC 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm 

Team: Scott Cresswell. Scot Goldsmith-Scott. Graham McTaggart. Alou Bangura. Liam Poppleton. Craig Cavanagh. Jordan Lartey. Dan Streibelt. Tony Thirkell. Andy Snaith (Scott Swanston). Sam MacIntosh (Paul Cavanagh).

Unused subs: Joe Danquah. Jordan Lee and Kris Holmes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:58 pm 
ressly pest wrote:
Overall I thought Roofing deserves the 3 points after being slightly better in an awful game, we didn't really get going first half and deserved to be one down at HT after a corner was headed in. Second half I thought we pressed and we were caught a bit on the break and a trailing leg from taggy cost us a penalty that made it 2-0.

We again had a go but got lucky when roofings sub missed a sitter, but I thought the big call was the ref bottling a decision when he denied us a blatant pen after tony was fouled, he got a shot off as he fell at the advancing keeper, the ref deeming that was his advantage.

Poor game, poor performance, poor result and poor refereeing on the day!

Only 5 yards outside the box, even if it probably was a foul!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:29 pm 

Did you register on this forum to offer that pearl of wisdom?

Does your opinion mean your right and I'm wrong, frankly it matters not one iota now as its long gone, but I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

If I change my opinion i ll let you know!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 am 

Although I wasn't in line with the incident I felt the foul was outside the box. It was, however, un undeniable straight red card for pulling back a player clean through on goal. Perhaps the referee decided not to award the foul as the player got his shot in. Anyone with an iota of footballing sense would have realised, however, that the shot was miscued and well off target due to the player being at an angle of roughly 45 degrees to the ground as he fell over due to the foul. I think the ref didn't want to send the defender off and therefore used the 'advantage' as an excuse not to do anything. It was a terrible decision and fairly consistent with the rest of the ref's display (I assume he's on a fast track as he had an England badge on his top).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 pm 

Let's hope he gets his decisions correct in a fortnight's time, that's all we can hope. We are all but only humans, and humans can make mistakes. Ref's give what they see in that split second. And THEY are human. Can't be more diplomatic than that John.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:59 pm 

As i said it matters not a jot now, and we must Simply move onto Alnwick on saturday and look for 3 points, I'm tempting fate somewhat, but we surely cant play as bad up there this year as we did last, but then again,who knows!

Im sure we'll all start a fresh with the referee when we travel to Morpeth.