It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: WFc 2 Tow Law 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 pm 

I'll let others do a report as im not there, but happy with a point to be honest although disappointed it was such a late equaliser to give away!

Post subject: Re: WFc 2 Tow Law 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:24 pm 

Team: Scott Cresswell. Nathan Johnstone. Jordan Lee. Alu Bangura (goal). Craig Cavanagh. Paul Cavanagh. Jordan Lartey (Eddy Keenan). Dan Streibelt. Tony Thirkell (goal). Rob Haney (Zak Atkinson). Craig Rook ( Scot Goldsmith-Scott).

Unused subs: Joe Danquah and Liam Poppleton.

A game of two halves. The first saw us kicking up the hill with a very brisk wind in our faces. Robbo must have thought it was Christmas, having only one real first half save to make, this was after Tow Law took the lead on 9 mins. Tony Thirkell put over a lovely right wing cross, right onto Rob Haney's head and unmarked about the penalty spot, sadly Rob put plenty on the header but it went straight into Robbo's midriff. The second half with the wind in our backs saw us do more pressing, and to be honest on 70 minutes against the run of play saw us equalise when Jordan Lee put a lovely cross in and Lou Bangura rose above the Tow Law defence to put a powerful header in off Robbo's left hand post. 7 minutes later Tony Thirkell seized onto a pass and hammered a right foot shot in from about 12 yards. Tow Law equalised in the 89th minute. A hard fought draw and a point we'll take.

Post subject: Re: WFc 2 Tow Law 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 pm 

Strangely i got a phone call from one of the officials this evening telling me she'd messed her expenses up or something, which wasnt an issue as im not sure what the problem was anyway, but i did ask her out of curiousity how she thought the game went and she felt a draw was a fair result. Cant agree or disagree as i wasnt there, but interesting to get a completely nuetral opinion.

Again we said we'd have a look at things after 10 games after a lot of uncertainty over the summer and pre season, and personally i think weve made a solid start with 15 points and only 3 defeats, and i know Robin is constantly looking for what he feels would be the right additions to our squad, i dont think peasy will be our last incoming signing to be honest.