It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: A decent start
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 am 

Well i said all along our pre season was all about getting ready for Thornaby and although it's difficult to judge our overall perfornsnce as we played with ten men for the last hour after, and im not going to have a go at the ref, tatey was sent off for a challenge that was hard and a foul, but 30 minutes into a new season a harsh red card, if players are going to be sent off for tackles like that then I'll be surprised if ANY game finishes with 22 .But the ref felt it was a red and thats that.

I thought we looked a good side early on and we should really have been 2 up before Tony Thirkell latched onto a through ball to lob the keeper. With Tatey going we still tried to play, but Thornaby come into the game and looked a bit more composed, but we defended our 18 yard box very well and other than a few launches into the box, scotty had very little to do in our goal.

I believe we'll have tougher challenges coming up but we needed a win and doing it with ten men made the game a decent test and we know there'll be lots of ups and downs this season, but our commitment and effort was terrific.

As for Thornaby, I think they had a few missing, but I'm sure they'll settle down with a full squad and we wish them well.

Off the field the hospitality at Thornaby is absolutely terrific and their band of hard working guys and one young lady are a credit to the club, any club that can turn a ground around as they've done aswell deserves all the praise they get.

As we try and prove, you don't need money to offer people genuine hospitality so we thank Thornaby for that.

Post subject: Re: A decent start
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 pm 

agree with your comments, defended well although we seemed to be unable to carve out clear cut chances best wishes for rest of season , glad you like ground etc Ray

Post subject: Re: A decent start
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 pm 

Team: Scott Cresswell. Graham McTaggart. Craig Rook. Kris Holmes. Craig Cavanagh. David Rayner. Paul Cavanagh (Dan Streibelt). Craig Tate. Tony Thirkell (goal 15 mins) (Rob Haney). Jordan Lartey. Sam MacIntosh (Joe Danquah).

Unused subs: Scot Goldsmith-Scott and Zak Atkinson.