It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: 13th and 14th Friendlies.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:51 am 

13th July. Chemfica (Alliance League). another good work out which Whickham won comfortably 4-0 with a very young squad. The 1st goal on 6 minutes was scored by Craig Tate with a 25 yard left footer which flew over the top of the keeper, The 2nd on 19 minutes was from Eddy Keenan who quickly intercepted a poor back pass and slotted the ball home from 12 yards. The 3rd goal was a typical Roppa goal, and the 4th on 70 minutes was from Dan Streibelt who hit a left footer from the edge of the box.although we made 9 changes in the 2nd half Chemfica were restricted to a couple of half chances. My MOTM was Kris Allen who was outstanding in the centre of the defence aided and abetted by some very good youn uns.

Post subject: Re: 13th and 14th Friendlies.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 pm 

WFC 2 Dalbeattie Star 1

Another useful run out and to be honest I thought a draw would have been about fair but we defended well late on when they started to open us up a bit.

Thought Kris Allen was excellent and Rooky looked sharp as a striker, some quality kids coming through so still loads to do and lots of faces to come into today's team but another game under our belts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:34 pm 

Goals from Craig Rook, a header at the near post from a left wing corner, and the 2nd a beaut, (I'm told, coz I missed it) from young Zak Atkinson who controlled the ball with his back to goal, turned the defender and volleyed it home).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:04 pm 

There's a brief report on todays game that I published earlier this evening on my website, which includes a couple of pictures;
http://100groundsclub.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... pitch.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 am 

:mrgreen: Now we know who you were Dims Spy, the bloke with the badge was how you were described when you asked for their scorers name it threw everyone, why would anyone care who scored for Dalbeattie? was the common question, we now know why you asked.

For those that know Rooky the Wyn Davies/Andy Carrol comparison will amuse you as hes anything but a towering Centre Forward but he met that header like one. Hes got the best first touch ive seen for a striker though, i say Striker as weve never actually played him there before but he looks a good option.

Were still trying to have a good look at the younger kids in our squad and we had a lot of young kids on show yesterday, so we got a good look at a lot of players over the two days and as much as the surface at the Stadium isnt ideal it served its purpose although i must say claiming it as another ground visited is stretching it a bit :mrgreen:

I thought the Ref handled it best he could with both teams more interested in moaning at him than playing the game at times, and I think a lot of the players forget he has cards in his pocket that hes more than entitled to use and they count, fortunately he tried to use common sense although i dont think it was appreciated certainly by our opponents.

Another 5 Friendlies to come and our management team expect to be bringing in another good handful of players, but so far although we'll take it slowly we've identified at least 3 younger lads who we believe will do well this season, lots more who arent a million miles away either, some will be in our excellent u18 squad, and we've already brought 3 or 4 lads back to the club with hopefully more to come, so progress is being made.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:26 am 

ressly pest wrote:
:mrgreen: Now we know who you were Dims Spy, the bloke with the badge was how you were described when you asked for their scorers name it threw everyone, why would anyone care who scored for Dalbeattie? was the common question, we now know why you asked.

Now you know the reason why I have this user name. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 pm 

:mrgreen: Yeh fair comment.