It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DARLINGTON RA V JARROW CRAIC FROM DRESSING ROOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 am 

After a disrupted festive period (although secretly the players were probably happy, no playing football with hangovers!) we’ve started getting the fixtures back in.

After a 1-1 draw way back on 23rd December with West Allotment on a very blustery day which saw a couple of the new recruits make their debut our next fixture was at home to Northallerton where the league leaders ran out 3-0 winners although they were pushed up until the last 10 minutes to make their lead comfortable. This was then followed by an away day victory against Easington Colliery winning comfortably 4-1. It should have been more were it not for good goal keeping and suspect finishing (*cough*Kaney*cough). An OG, Alla penalty, Kaney and Azza sealed the win. On a personal note I managed the bench against Northallerton and 15 mins against Easington which I’m ecstatic about after a gruelling 15 months which have included a fractured fib and dislocated ankle with ligament reconstruction. Hopefully it onwards and upwards with the lads now and that’s the injuries behind me.

This weekends opponents are Darlington RA who have recently recruited ex-Thornaby manager and a previous manager of mine, Paul Edwards. I have no doubt Eddy will make his mark and help the RA get up the table and with this only being the start of his rein, I know Eddy will want to get some positive results under his belt.They recently beat Crook town Enjoy the game on Saturday
Daz M :roll:

From Twitter;
@TrainTerminator “Had a great time at @jarrow_fc tonight. Great setup and staff and fantastic fans, sharing their sweets with me, a total stranger. Just a shame about the result. All the best for the year ahead guys!” - A lovely tweet after the Northallerton game. Your not suppose to take sweets from strangers though are you..?!

@JarrowPeter “We need some more Friday night games, few in the hackle with @LeeJarraHackle then walk round to Perth green for he match! @jarrow_fc” - keep your fingers crossed and watch this space..!

@NEFpodcast “PODCAST WEEKLY | The first NEFP weekly of 2018 is available to listen and download!” - have a searched on iTunes Store or soundcloud to get all the latest on NE football