It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Whickham FC v Jarrow FC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:39 pm 

On Saturday Jarrow travel to The Glebe to high flying Whickham FC. Jarrow were narrow edged out in the Durham FA Challenge Cup 3-1 by first division Dunston UTS on Wednesday and will be looking to return to winning ways and get a second successive victory in a row in the league following a tough period prior to the 2-0 win over a Crook Town FC last Saturday.

Post subject: Re: Whickham FC v Jarrow FC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:03 pm 

A Kai Elliot 30 yard screamer in the 37th minute was the winning goal in a single goal margin. Both teams battled against some of the worst windy conditions I've ever seen! A tough game for both sides but a well battled out victory for Jarrow.

Match report to follow.

Post subject: Re: Whickham FC v Jarrow FC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:10 am 

On an very windy afternoon Jarrow travelled to high flying Whickham at the Glebe , the referee had considered calling off the game due to the strength of the wind but went ahead . The home side were with the wind for the first half and after 9 minutes an long kick by home keeper John Mordey went over the Jarrow defence leaving striker Steven Aiston to round keeper Gary Frater but he lobbed the ball wide , an excellent opportunity missed. The following minute Nick Quinn had an header at the back post easily saved . On 19 minutes Frater kicked the ball up field and the ball came back in the wind and bounced between Frater and the advancing Aiston they collided and the referee gave an disputed penalty to the amazement of the home players and fans .The penalty was taken by captain Ross Pearath and saved bottom left by Frater .The away side were winning quite a few tackles and on 27 minutes an long ball by Frater found Pete Kane who hit the side netting .Quinn then layed the ball of to Kane who passes to Pressling who shoots wide this was followed by an long shot from Kyle Watson that went wide . On 37 minutes an long throw by Steve Graham was won at the front post by Jordan Mellish and fell to Kai Elliott 30 yards out who drilled the ball into the top right hand corner giving Mordey no chance an contender for goal of the season .
HT Whickham 0 Jarrow 1
Jarrow now had the wind and on 53 minutes an shot by Kyle Watson was well blocked by Alex Bone the home side having an lot of possession and pushing forward against the wind , Jarrow came more into the game but on 72 minutes Craig Jelly had an good shot on target blocked by Little in the penalty box . Jarrow were defending well and hitting on the break with good hold up play by Quinn and on 81 minutes Steve Graham was replaced by Josh Allen then on 85 mins Grant Pressling was replaced by Max Kirkham .On 87 mins Kris Allen who had been excellent throughout the game was booked for an foul on Whickham skipper Ross Pearath who had committed numerous fouls without sanction by the referee . Max Kirkham was quickly into the action when released on the right by Allen he rounded the keeper and stumbled with the ball breaking to Nick Quinn who blasted over . On 91 minutes Kirkham rolled a free kick to captain Peter Kane who struck the bar from 30 yards with the keeper beaten the ball rebounded clear Jarrow made a final sub on 95 mins with John Murray replacing Kai Elliott .
A hard fought win in windy conditions not made easier by the standard of the officials

WHICKHAM 0 JARROW 1
ATTENDANCE 65

GARY FRATER ALEX BONE DAVID SMITH NICK LITTLE JORDAN MELLISH KRIS ALLEN GRANT PRESSLING STEVEN GRAHAM NICK QUINN KAI ELLIOTT PETER KANE (C )
SUBS JOSH ALLEN (for Graham 81 min) MAX KIRKHAM (for Pressling 85 min)
JOHN MURRAY (for Elliott 95 min)
Not used AARON KAH GEORGE SIMPSON

LAKESIDE MOM KRIS ALLEN