It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: reserves
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

Reserve side playing in northern alliance div2 is a waste of money.how many reserve players a going to be able to slot into a 1st team playing 7 leagues higher.

Post subject: Re: reserves
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
Reserve side playing in northern alliance div2 is a waste of money.how many reserve players a going to be able to slot into a 1st team playing 7 leagues higher.

What is the clubs ultimate aim with there reserve side? The FA rules state that a reserve side can play at step 6, which is the EBAC NL2 level. The NL rules state that they don't accept reserve sides. But the FA rules are the standardized rules & would overrule any local league rules. St Neots applied to get there reserve side in the United Counties League, which has a 'no reserve team' rule. The FALC forced the UCL to accept St Neots Saints & the UCL couldn't do anything about it. St Neots Saints didn't last that long, but a Blyth Spartans Reserve team would in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm 

Far better having players out on loan to northern league sides.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:34 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
Far better having players out on loan to northern league sides.

I agree, but Blyth Spartans are a big enough club to sustain a reserve side in the EBAC NL. Do you know if that's the clubs ambition?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm 

I dont know what intentions are.i too rhink they should be playing higher.blyth town are now n.l. themselves so am sure some sort if link up could have been arranged.northern alliance div2 might have been great for an under 18 side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 am 

Reserves won't go anywhere with woodenspoon in charge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm 

The reserves has been set up to attract the best young talent to Blyth Spartans. As an alternative to relying on buying players we can now provide Alun and the first team with young, hungry players who are part of the Blyth system. We have linked with New Hartley Juniors who have a great history and tradition of developing u18s who will feed players through in their under 18 year giving Blyth Spartans the best young players in the area. Alun is fully behind the idea and will be looking to utilise the players where possible in pre-season and cup games. Regular friendlies with Northern League clubs will be organised to give the players more experience against higher league opposition. These games will also be utilised for first team players as we understand the level difference is too great. We are looking forward to starting the season and seeing how we progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:22 am 

Can reserve sides enter step 6?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Let me guess wrote:

I think it depends on the Leagues, but lots of reserve sides nationally at step 6

http://www.fansfocus.com/maps/step6.php

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 am 

Let me guess wrote:

This is taken from the FA's rules & regulation guidelines:
Reserve teams, including a team from a club or Club which is not considered by the LC to
be sufficiently separate from another club or Club, will not be permitted to compete above
Step 6 in the NLS. There must be a minimum of two Steps between a first and reserve team.
This does not apply at Steps 6 & 7. No two teams from the same Club can play at the same
Step. Reserve teams currently at Step 5 can remain unless relegated, once relegated they
will not be permitted to be promoted back to Step 5.

So teams are treated equally across the pyramid. So if a reserve team wants to apply to join the EBAC NL, there is nothing stopping them being promoted. Irrespective of local league rules & regulations.