It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blyth Spartans 3 Darlington 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Great win .... I wasn’t there as I don’t close the shop until 4:30 on a Saturday, but I followed on Twitter. I was a bit worried when Darlo scored, but an excellent second half saw us seal the win. .

A 3-1 win over Darlo is well worth celebrating

Howay Blyth !

Post subject: Re: Blyth Spartans 3 Darlington 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 pm 

1st half was like North Ferriby/ Shaw Lane all in one 2nd half we played some lovely football on the bottom using both wings to great effect . Robbie deserved booking for dive but madeup for that with another top class strike and cross for Reidy,s header . As for Darlo they huffed and puffed but a shadow of the team that beat us for the league 2 seasons ago .

Post subject: Re: Blyth Spartans 3 Darlington 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm 

Strange what's happened to Darlo lately - I suppose they just plateaued under Smith and had the stuffing knocked out of them by the whole play-offs thing last year. They're bound to come back strong.
Those wins against Darlo and Stockport were really impressive and show we can be confident at this level. They were also slightly fortuitous in that the opposition in both games should have scored several more goals (although we could've scored more too), and our defensive frailties have been more than apparent in our two recent away defeats. We can't have everything and I'm sure this is our next target, to work on defending better as a team and protecting the back four more effectively - all in all we can't complain and I'd still say a top ten finish will be a good result this year. We certainly have the players to compete and Armstrong continues to impress as a dynamic young manager with a nice line in telling it like it is. Also good to see the 1899 Club up and running - unlike the Tait surge, when we threatened the Conf North play offs but seemed to have bought a few ringers in and didn't quite have the continuity, we've built gradually towards this point, taking the fans with us, and hopefully we'll consolidate in the upper reaches of this league and go from strength to strength.