It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NORTH SHIELDS ATH 1-3 KTFC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 96
Killingworth traveled to North Shields for their first away game of the season following a victory at the weekend over Whitley bay looking for more of the same. Killingworth welcomed back Connor Hoyle into the starting eleven after suspension. There was also starts for Micheal Turner and Lee Hamilton.

Killy went into the game knowing it would be tough after North Shields dispatched of Birtley Town 6-2 in their last game to the side was set out to take the game to the North Tynesiders on the impressive, new John Spence grass pitch.

It was Killy who started the brighter passing the ball well across the park with the wide men of Bowman and Waugh already getting the better of the Shields full backs. Lee Waugh continued his personal goal of the season competition when broke the deadlock on 6 minutes with a superb strike from 25 yards. Waugh picked the ball up central to goal, dropped a shoulder and bent an unstoppable strike crashing into the top corner.

1-0 Killy 6 mins

This goal woke up the hosts who came into the game and started to see more of the ball. Killy continued to ask questions but it was soon 1-1 on 13 minutes somewhat against the run of play when a long throw into the box wasn't cleared and fell apologetically at the feet of a shields player who was able to stab the ball home

1-1 after 13 minutes

This scores were level for 90 seconds and Killy got what they deserved when good build up play down the left from Turner and Fyvie won a throw in a dangerous area. A long throw was sent into the box and flicked on by a Killy player. The ball fell to Bowman towards the far side of the area who confidently volleyed home to restore the visitors advantage.

1-2 Killy 15 mins

Killingworth continued to dominate the opening half not giving the home defence a minutes rest and Waugh once again tried his luck from 20 yards forcing the home custodian into a great save low down to his left. Killy kept pressing looking to widen their lead with various shots narrowly missing the target. Hamilton held the ball up well with the lively Connor Hoyle never giving the home side a minutes peace covering every inch of the pitch. Regan was called into his first bit of real action in the 35th minute when he saved smartly from a rare shields attack.

HT - North Shields 1 - 2 Killingworth Town

The second half got underway as the fog started to fall on a gloomy John Spence school and within 50 seconds Killy had a two goal and advantage and had it was effectively game over. A great interception from Hamilton found Bamborough who's pin point through ball found Waugh who beat the home defender for pace and finished first time past an on rushing goalkeeper to the delight of the visiting bench and support.

1-3 Killy 46 minutes

Killy looked to add a 4th goal to seal the deal but Shields, now 2 goals down began to creep back into the contest and Regan did well to deal with a shot on goal. From this save Regans long punt was flicked on to Waugh who's header required the fingertips of the home keeper to avoid the visitors extending their lead. The home keeper was called into action a few minutes later when the pacey Bowan left the full back for dead and pulled the ball back to Nicky Evans who's first time shot was saved well and the rebound was put inches over by Hamilton.

Killingworth began to apply pressure and look to to twist the knife with a barrage of attacks at the home goal. The visiting defence once again proved hard to breach marshalled by skipper Chris Scott with full backs Dixon and Fyvie working tirelessly throughout. Shields did look a threat on the break at times and the visiting side needed to be careful not to get sucked in and maybe settle for the 2 goal deficit which was proven in the 82nd minute when Regan was called into action to save comfortably to take the pressure off the visiting defence. Killy introduced Ruddick and Robson as fresh legs to settle the ship with Robson holding the ball up well and Ruddick working hard to stop any counter attacks. In the dying moments of the game Regan produced a fantastic point blank save with what would turn out to be the last real action of the game.

FT - North Shields Athletic 1 - 3 Killingworth Town

A great away victory with the result never really looking in doubt which leaves Killingworth second in the league and still unbeaten. With no game this Saturday our next bit of action is next Wednesday when we welcome Ponteland to West Moor with a 18:15 KO.

TEAM: Regan, Dixon, Scott, Whitfield, Fyvie, Bamborough, Hoyle, Turner, Bowman, Hamilton, Waugh

SUBS: Robson (80), Bell, Ruddick (71), McBride, Evans (60)


Northern Alliance Premier Division 2016/17

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group