It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Robert Dale Signs for the Spartans
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:19 pm 

Very honest post! Is buchannon staying? He is a class act, if I was you I'd be tempting swails back as well as as long as you have 2 quick full backs those two would boss NPL! I know they lack pace but so did whitby's 2 centre halves back end of last season when they turned it around! Infact alex White is so slow he might as well run backwards but did very well when I saw him!

What happened to knight? I've never seen birdshall but matey hunter isn't good enough needs to play somewhere else and try again in 5 years time when exoerianced!

I agree with most of what you have said however those 4 signings need to be real experianced lads! TC seems to upset players and reputation spread! Just saying there was a big outburst by a popular Whitby player after TC left

Good luck some good days out in NPL it's not all doom and gloom

Mr Benton of YORKSHIRE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:35 pm 

Wheelbarrow wrote:
Very honest post! Is buchannon staying? He is a class act, if I was you I'd be tempting swails back as well as as long as you have 2 quick full backs those two would boss NPL! I know they lack pace but so did whitby's 2 centre halves back end of last season when they turned it around! Infact alex White is so slow he might as well run backwards but did very well when I saw him!

What happened to knight? I've never seen birdshall but matey hunter isn't good enough needs to play somewhere else and try again in 5 years time when exoerianced!

I agree with most of what you have said however those 4 signings need to be real experianced lads! TC seems to upset players and reputation spread! Just saying there was a big outburst by a popular Whitby player after TC left

Good luck some good days out in NPL it's not all doom and gloom

Yeah Buchanan is staying. I like him but think his game has suffered since Swailes left. We'd have him back if possible but he left because of his new job which required mainly Saturday working so unable to travel. Presumably he was able to negotiate occasional time off for Dunston's FA Vase adventures last season. The best thing to say about Swailes is when we played in a behind closed doors friendly at Hamilton a Hamilton player tried to foul him. A few minutes later that Hamilton player was being taken off dazed and confused. No nonsense.

We have a young left back from Bedlington Terriers called James Novak who is supposed to be quick. But I'm concerned that we've had to replace the very experienced Joe Kendrick who we got from Conference Premier side Mansfield, with an inexperienced player from the Northern League. Groves was quick at right back but lost him sadly so have to see who we can bring in there.

The one thing I'll always remember Alex White for is a few minutes into his debut v Blackburn Rovers he sent Danny Simpson flying.

No idea on Knight, had heard he was staying but would have to assume with two keepers signed up already that's not worked out. Another worrying loss of experience I think. Hunter did very well the game time he was given last season but made one monumental error at Nuneaton when we were leading 2-1 and had to settle for a point. Not one to chuck straight into the deep end but I think as far as back up keepers go he's okay.

It's our Chairman who Tait fell out with btw. But yeah, I think Tommy has a style which some players don't agree with. He fell out with Hooks whilst at Blue Star together so his departure was reported well before he left for Spennymoor. But I like Cassidy, he restored a fair amount of pride when he took over. And has brought in some really decent, experienced players. If he's going to upset some players in his endeavours to build a good side then so be it. Even Harry Dunn upset some players when he was working his magic.

Our only likely down fall will be money.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 pm 

The one thing I would say is that the NPL isn't as strong as BSN and I thing good northern league players could cope at that level!

The problem was when the lad from Whitley bay took over he seemed to think that good northern league players could cope with BSN which was never going to happen! I think there are players based in north east who could win NPL as Harry Dunn did! Whether TC can get them remains to be seen! Get the Mick tait team back and you'd be fine!!!

Would you like Andrew Leeson back, I liked him at Whitby and every time he played centre half the team seemed to win however I think because he doesn't look like a centre half TC didn't like playing him there!

Who would you have on your hitlist?

Mr Benton of YORKSHIRE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm 

Wheelbarrow wrote:
The one thing I would say is that the NPL isn't as strong as BSN and I thing good northern league players could cope at that level!

The problem was when the lad from Whitley bay took over he seemed to think that good northern league players could cope with BSN which was never going to happen! I think there are players based in north east who could win NPL as Harry Dunn did! Whether TC can get them remains to be seen! Get the Mick tait team back and you'd be fine!!!

Would you like Andrew Leeson back, I liked him at Whitby and every time he played centre half the team seemed to win however I think because he doesn't look like a centre half TC didn't like playing him there!

Who would you have on your hitlist?

We need to be building a side we feel can both get us back to the Conference North and hold their own there. I'd rather avoid Northern League players because you just end up with players who you are never entirely sure will stay if they're offered the chance to play with their mates.

Mick Tait's team played great football and on many occasions simply out played teams into submission. But when a team fought back we were founding badly lacking in fight. I'd have liked Mick's team along with a few of Harry's players who you could rely on to rally the troops when things weren't going right.

I'd take Leeson back, don't think we should ever have let him go. And I did have a number of players in my head who I'd have thought to be ideal for us. But most of them have went elsewhere so pointless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:43 pm 

The removals of Dunn and Tait must look particularly ridiculous now to Blyth followers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm 

goose wrote:
The removals of Dunn and Tait must look particularly ridiculous now to Blyth followers.

They looked particularly ridiculous to begin with, never mind now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:48 pm 

great signing for blyth. I think that blyth will shock a few people

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 am 

Matthew Carroll wrote:
great signing for blyth. I think that blyth will shock a few people

Robbie is great, but it'll take more signings of that calibre for us to shock any one. Don't think we're going to manage it seeing how the already limited pool of talent available is being snapped up at a quick rate by others.