It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How's pre-season looking?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:19 pm 

We've lost a couple of very good players (Jack Higgins & Ash Young), signed a couple of very good replacements (Will Haining, Joe Connor) - all in all I'd say we look stronger than this time last season, although we've been a bit up and down with our performances in friendlies and got properly turned over by Trafford at the weekend.

Post subject: Re: How's pre-season looking?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:41 pm 

I'd say excellent for us. The new signings look very good indeed. We've played some very good football, and performed well against some strong opposition. My only concern going into the new season is our striking options. We only have 2 fit strikers, and the other 2 are coming back from serious injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see another striker coming in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:12 pm 

On the receiving end of a good gubbing by Chorley tonight...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am 

We've lost virtually every single player from our regular starting line up last season (most followed Wilson to Nuneaton).

Our new squad has looked good so far in pre-season but anyone's guess as to how we will go once the season starts. I'm fairly confident we will be up near the top 5 but I suppose most fans are at this time of the year arnt they?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:42 pm 

With preseason all about fitness, game time and the management learning about their squad for the forthcoming season I have to say that our performances thus far have been educational to say the least. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:53 am 

Not too bad. Results don't really have a bearing - played Worcester city Tuesday night and lost 2-1 at home.

Losing Aaron Williams to Nuneaton was a huge blow and we are really trying to assess where we are really, huge boots to fill!!

Some decent additions have been made but the proof of the pudding will be day one against rammy.

https://audioboo.fm/channel/rushallolympic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:22 am 

robin_ashton wrote:
On the receiving end of a good gubbing by Chorley tonight...

We played some outstanding football against you lot. I forgot we could pass the ball around like that at times. A few nifty additions to the squad and we seem set to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:08 pm 

Comfortably beaten two sides we're supposed to, been beaten off reasonably strong league one and two sides, beat off a Scottish amateur side on Saturday with a rather dull performance. Nothing to be told from performances and results so far. Lost our top scorer and other key attacking talent from last season, yet to replace them. If we don't, we're a mid-table side - nobody recovers from losing their main source of goals and not replacing them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:31 am 

The way pre season has gone and without a proper team yet I say bottom 4 at the moment aint impressed with the 2 games I seen .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:27 am 

Beat Darlington 3-0 and Bradford City 1-0 this week.

Don't Fear The Sweeper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:40 am 

Lost to Sunderland Under 21s 1-0 in Robert Dale's testimonial yesterday, it was a respectable performance. Dan Maguire came on as a sub, I think Halifax gave us permission to play him whilst things are sorted. If we do get him back, that's our main source of goals sorted so our chances will look a bit better for next season. Two more games against South Shields and Farsley (are they back to Celtic now?) next week.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:46 am 

foxi wrote:

What type of team did Whitby have out? We put out a team of trialists, with a few squad players, as if we didn't want to show our hand to a divisional rival. Always seemed a strange fixture once we'd been promoted! Still, minutes under the belt for a few. 2 games left next week. Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor Town -- I'd expect strong teams to play in both. Be interesting to see which, of any, trialists are kept on. I still feel we are a striker short, although great that Armstrong is back playing after his horrible injury in the playoff final last season. Also need a RB if our captain leaves (on transfer list due to travel issues).

Kind of getting sick of pre-season now though. Not sure why the Evo seems to kick of a week later than every other league?!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:53 am 

al_quaker wrote:
foxi wrote:

What type of team did Whitby have out? We put out a team of trialists, with a few squad players, as if we didn't want to show our hand to a divisional rival. Always seemed a strange fixture once we'd been promoted! Still, minutes under the belt for a few. 2 games left next week. Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor Town -- I'd expect strong teams to play in both. Be interesting to see which, of any, trialists are kept on. I still feel we are a striker short, although great that Armstrong is back playing after his horrible injury in the playoff final last season. Also need a RB if our captain leaves (on transfer list due to travel issues).

Kind of getting sick of pre-season now though. Not sure why the Evo seems to kick of a week later than every other league?!

Whitby played a mixed side also. Although our new signings of Mikey Roberts and Keiren Weledji have impressed. Looking forward to the new season.

Don't Fear The Sweeper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:14 am 

Roberts looked a good player for Spennymoor last season, and scored a great goal in the playoff match. I think he will do well for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm 

Good to see Army get a great reception from both sets of fans.