It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hows your team doing so far?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 pm 

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of the Facebook page and the constant slagging off that goes on there, you can hardly have a decent debate without it falling into a slagging off Scarborough thread, a Hednesford/Stafford row, a Shields love in etc.

Perhaps we can have a civilised debate on here? :lol:

Basically hows it panning out for your team so far? 11 matches in and the league is taking shape.

As a Nantwich fans can honestly say I'm dead pleased how we are doing, only 2 defeats, (our annual defeat away in our local derby at Witton, which for some unexplainable reason we always save our worst performance of the season for and Shields where we matched them for an hour, then threw the towel in :? )
Best team I've seen so far this season were Gainsborough, Lancaster & Whitby were equally the worst (or we might have played exceptionally well :wink: ).

Some strange results - Lancaster winning at Buxton, Ferriby humping South Shields at home to name but two.

I work with a bloke who's son plays for Warrington, and whilst they are top and not let a goal in for 8 months, he admits they have ridden their luck at times.

Come the end of the season, I can't see much change at either end of the league - I can see Ferriby/Lancaster (hopefully Matlock :wink: ) struggling, but Warrington, South Shields, Scarborough, Gainsborough battling out for the title - as for Nantwich? i think we could be dark horses for the play offs, just ask Scarborough, we played them off the park in the 2nd half.

Post subject: Re: Hows your team doing so far?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm 

It seems a fairly even league this year, as shown today by the leaders losing at home to a team in the bottom three, and as you say South Shields were hammered by backmarkers North Ferriby. I think this is so much healthier than the situation one finds at the top of the football pyramid!
Many Buxton supporters would probably feel that they should be added to your contenders for the top five. There is something of a buzz still due to the new artificial pitch, which should help avoid some of the usual problems as the winter gets under way with having the highest ground.There is also still a bit of a 'new manager' bounce, and the squad is the largest I have ever known it, though whether that can be maintained is a moot point.
So far there have just been the two losses, to Whitby and Lancaster, which confirms the point made above that on their day anyone can beat anyone else. Buxton have looked competitive against the teams so far played in the top half.
Scarborough and South Shields have the advantage of the largest fan bases and gates in the league, though South Shields in particular have so far found away games much more difficult (the same applies to Basford). The FA Cup results also suggest that Warrington and Gainsborough are among the strongest. But I would not like to make any long-term predictions, and suspect the excitement will continue right to the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 am 

So far the only Evo-Stik Prem sides I've seen in competitive matches this season are Nantwich, Gainsborough and Ferriby.

Nantwich comfortably beat us in the FA Cup; the difference between Step 3 and Step 5 was clearly evident. I thought the Dabbers looked a useful side.

I saw Gainsborough beat Ferriby with a workmanlike performance 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was expecting a bit more from Trinity, on the flip side Ferriby were better than I expected. Having said that I still expect Trinity to be up there challenging and Ferriby struggling to avoid relegation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:14 pm 

Ref robbed us 3 pts at Whitby , 2 pts at Workington , I got VAR 4 both :lol: Farsley robbed of the other 2 pts got close up Crop/Zoom of that going over line :lol: we threw away 2 pts at Bamber , by all accounts a joke v Lancaster , So I say , we been Robbed of clear top by mile already , by rubbish officials , weather a man or woman :lol: O are we looking down at you again Yabber Dabber 2 :lol: how the hell did Matlock win at Warrington on Saturday , and the Dolly's winning at Grantham funny old game , yep happy where we are , but could be better !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 pm 

Just checked the tables Nibbler, and we are definitely looking down on you sheep rustlers :wink: How did you concede 4 against the those sheep dogs and not score. We hammered them at their gaff, made them look right ordinary.
At least you'll finish above Matlock, Ferriby and Grantham. :lol: