It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Shaw Lane First Team Gone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 pm 

It is with great regret and sadness that Shaw Lane AFC (first team only) have informed the relevant bodies of their withdrawal from all Football matters with immediate effect. It has been well publicised that the club has been trying to attract inward investment in the last few weeks to take the club forward. This announcement does not affect the Junior Section, which remains unaffected by this news.

Chairman Craig Wood, the club’s owner, feels that he has taken the club as far as he could and was seeking fresh investment to take the club to the next level. This was not forthcoming within the timescales necessary therefore; exploratory talks had taken place with a Wakefield based consortium, which again could not provide the required guarantees necessary for the club to compete in step 3 of the football league pyramid.

The objective when Shaw Lane FC started was to give Barnsley a non-league football club, which could work together with Barnsley FC and the council to become an asset for the community and a development club for the Borough’s promising players. Unfortunately neither of these bodies shared his vision and Craig has decided to retire from the club and concentrate on developing his business and spending more time with his young family.

More Statement Here - http://www.shawlaneafc.com/news/club-st ... 14003.html

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane First Team Gone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:30 pm 

Good riddance wont be missed

Edit: to confirm this was aimed at the owner after his tweet mocking the relegation of Barnsley FC and some of the other stuff over recent years such as pulling out of the Senior cup final in 2016, however i genuinely feel for the proper supporters and especially the hard working volenteers, having spoken to the former DOF there the amount of work he and a few others put in over a number of years is honestly amazing, its a shame for the lads like him that put there heart & soul into the club, so i apologise to them for the above, and i wish them well in there future ventures

but again it shows the importance of clubs been self sustainable, its ok to have someone putting a few quid in as long as there is a plan and a future once they move on. Its people mentioned above and proper fans like Alvothorpian on here that suffer in the end (rivalry apart) not the money men who sail off into the sunset

Last edited by Dingbat on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:56 pm 

I was going to counter your post but thought why bother?

Your previous posts are from from the realms of Fantasy Island and this one seems to be born out of some unwarranted dislike of SLA.

But at the end of the day you may have the last “laugh” in that SLA probably won’t exist and I don’t have a club to follow.

Enjoy your season coming up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:10 pm 

Fantasty island? 5 years ago I said SLA were unsustainable and as soon as woody got fed up that would be it. It wasn't hard to assume such and most people in non league football felt the same

The statement from Wood sums them up, basically he has had enough of been the sugar daddy as they have risen up the pyramid cost have gone up and pound for pound his funding has less and less of an impact. Yet he blames barnsleyfc and the council?? If they had changed there name what difference would it have made?

Also he didn't start the club from scratch he took over barugh fc then merged with Worsborough taking there county senior league place

As a club they have then paid over the odds on wages with the knock on effect of inflating costs for other local sides

If you want to watch another side heading in a similar direction spending unsustainable amounts of money on wages am sure you will be welcome at Frickley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:39 am 

Shaw Lane, Colne Dynamos, and every other non league Club with a " Sugar Daddy " backer as opposed to a proper business structure.....they all go to the wall once the owners interest fades.

Who's next I wonder....South Shields, Billericay Town ??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:15 am 

Dingbat wrote:
If you want to watch another side heading in a similar direction spending unsustainable amounts of money on wages am sure you will be welcome at Frickley

take this part with a pinch of salt guys, this is from a goole fan who has an axe to grind with frickley,and his purely his assumption,rest assured there is no financial problems at frickley at present.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:21 am 

blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

take this part with a pinch of salt guys, this is from a goole fan who has an axe to grind with frickley,and his purely his assumption,rest assured there is no financial problems at frickley at present.

Never said there were problems the key words in your reply been 'at present'

Neither am I a Goole fan I went to watch a few games there last season but also plenty at Parkgate, Athersley and quite a lot at ponte,

Fact is Frickley are now reliant on a sugar daddy and without him wouldn't be able to attain and retain the profile of players they currently enjoy it while it lasts but it's not sustainable and you know it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:56 am 

Total dependency on a sugar daddy always bites you on the backside eventually.

Clubs (and fans) never seem to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Shaw Lane, Colne Dynamos, and every other non league Club with a " Sugar Daddy " backer as opposed to a proper business structure.....they all go to the wall once the owners interest fades.

Who's next I wonder....South Shields, Billericay Town ??
shields have fans rodders..unlike shaw lane.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:17 pm 

Local Lad........agreed about the fans, but if Geoff Thompson pulls his money out they are knackered.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm 

Bambi_ChesterFC wrote:

frickley is NOT reliant on a sugar daddy, if this was correct then how come we didnt buy the league last season?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 am 

blue stan wrote:
Bambi_ChesterFC wrote:

frickley is NOT reliant on a sugar daddy, if this was correct then how come we didnt buy the league last season?

Calm down son, I wasn't even considering Frickley. I have no idea if you are or aren't. My comment comes from bitter experience.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:23 pm 

Bambi_ChesterFC wrote:
blue stan wrote:
Bambi_ChesterFC wrote:

Calm down son, I wasn't even considering Frickley. I have no idea if you are or aren't. My comment comes from bitter experience.

thats nice to know dad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 pm 

Quote:
thats nice to know dad.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:05 am 

blue stan wrote:
thats nice to know dad.

Good lad, now stop being so defensive! :wink: