It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Most cynical team
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 pm 

I don't think they did Dingbat. Why would they pull out on the day?
This below was posted on the Frickley website by Blue Stan which I tend to think is a more plausible.

y[b]es they did, they found out saturday teatime that they had a play off game on wednesday, a cup final on tuesday,and that the sheff & hallam fa, could not be contacted on sunday,which only left monday to sort things out,which was the day before the final, hope your still following this. :lol:
needless to say they were contacted on the monday and refused to put the final back to another date, hence the cancellation,which turned out to be the day before the final.
[/b]

No matter what your opinion is of SLA, Mr Elliot or Mr Wood do you think they would have preferred to play in the final on an alternative date that would not have an impact on their league campaign? Do you really think they didn't try and come to some agreement with SHFA before withdrawing?

You are very entitled to your opinion as I am to mine and I've heard nothing from anybody to back up your claims.

I don't know what you mean by 'what Shaw Lane stand for', surely they stand for the same thing as Frickley or the Ossetts or Brighouse or any other other clubs we've seen.

You haven't backed your claims up you've stated things that cannot be substantiated that are purely your thoughts.

SLA have just draw Barrow in the FA cup.......I'll ask their supporters to se if Mr Elliott and Mr Wood are as dislike up there as well as all over Yorkshire...........allegedly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm 

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football ... -1-7874576

Was less than 24 hrs before the game it also mention of the barnsley town name change in the article that you deny

Barrow wont take have heard of shaw lane or know of Elliott or wood, listen few people at Frickley, ossett, or other yorkshire teams have anything good to say about them in my experience is can't help that there not liked,

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:51 pm 

I have stated my opinion and left you to do your own research I reckon you are the bloke that goes who wares the club coat advertising the hungry horse pub on the back, the same lad that was out of order at Bramhall Lane and was told of by his dad, oh dear you have been rumbled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:09 pm 

Maybe it was less than 24 hours but I think Blue Stan's version of event is more likely.

I don't deny the name change all I said was I've never heard it mentioned.

You're right, I've never heard anybody say anything good about SL and Mr Elliott but then again I've never anybody say anything good about Mr Rose or say Mr Tracey who used to manage Ossett Albion, but that doesn't mean they are hated!!!

Maybe I am the hungry horse bloke.......that about as plausible as everything else you have proclaimed.

Just a couple of questions Dingbat,
Do you think SLA pulled out on the day of the final or within 24 hours without contacting SHFA in an attempt to rearrange the final?
Do you think SLA were wrong to put their league campaign in jeopardy by playing the final the day before a play off semi final?

I would very much appreciate your opinion in this instance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 pm 

From looking at Google some reports state 24 hours some 36 and some on the day of the game, I certainly remember finding out at work on the day of the game and having tone change my plans

Look Craig Elliott has got a reputation for messing other clubs/managers about like I say ask about. Wether it's deserved or not is a matter of debate but he has that rep within the game that isn't my fault I have merely reported/commented on it on the Frickley forum at least one other poster states this also

On the day/within 24 hours or 36 hours equates to the same thing and they were wrong in my opinion to do it giving as little notice as possible , a lot of people were messed about and left out of pocket by the actions, I agree the S&HFA messed up big time too but both clubs agreed to the date knowing it clashed with the play offs the following day when the date was agreed Frickley were still in with half a chance of making the play offs (it was the year they finished 7th) so the fact they agreed to play on the date then withdrew was wrong in my opinion whatever there reasons, had they refused the date and withdrawn straight away possibly allowing a losing semi finalist to play in the final then no problem but it was clear they withdrew as close as possible to the final to make a point which was disrespectful to the opponents and the wider game IMHO. See the link below which confirms they agreed to the date originally

http://www.nonleagueyorkshire.com/2016/ ... cellation/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:41 pm 

You are the hungry horse bloke I have had it confirmed by someone at Shaw lane #rumbled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:07 pm 

1. as i have been mentioned in this post,can i just state that my version stated by alverthorpian is correct as at the time,one of my work colleagues was the brother of a then shaw lane player who having received a text message from his brother,called him to confirm this within earshot of myself.
2. on my visits to shaw lane i have found the chairman craig wood to be a very welcoming person with a regular smile on his face.
3. dingbat is no longer a frickley fan,having dis-associated himself from the club over the sacking of karl rose as manager during the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:55 am 

Dingbat if you think I am the hungry horse bloke fine, but that is about as correct as all the other facts/opinions you claim and you ought to have a word with your Shaw Lane source.

Blue Stan, I tend to find the version of events that you posted about the SHFA final more plausible than others that may have been posted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 am 

Alverthorponian wrote:
Dingbat if you think I am the hungry horse bloke fine, but that is about as correct as all the other facts/opinions you claim and you ought to have a word with your Shaw Lane source.

Blue Stan, I tend to find the version of events that you posted about the SHFA final more plausible than others that may have been posted.

so am not allowed to think Shaw lane were wrong for pulling out of the final at extremly late notice? basically you will only allow an opinion if it fits with your own pro- Shaw Lane agenda? wether it was 24,36 or 48 hours before they were wrong in my opinion and am allowed to think and say that and many others hold the same view wether you like it or not.

Like I say its widely known in the game about Mr Elliott and his methods, i can assure you am not making that up, been told it by several sources like i say wether its deserved or not he has got a 'reputation' within the game ask him personally he will most likely confirm it, he probably wont agree with it but am sure he will admit it exsists. and lets be fair you know it exsists as well your just playing silly buggers on here

a different poster brought up Shaw Lane as the most cynical team not me and at least one other agreed, so have i paid them to come on here and state that? whats your thoughts on that? or are your feelings just personal towards me?

and listen i know who you are fella, as you do i, thats why you aint commented on this thread for 12 hours + as you were most likely checking your cover had not been blown, listen come and have a word with me like a man when you next see me at a game and we can have a chat like adults, in the meantime take my advice and leave it there if it comes out who you are it will be embarrasing for the club and for your dad pal, its amacable that you want to defend your club and i respect your right to do it but listen I can say what i want at the end of day as long as its decent and legal like i say if you dont like it then come and have a word to my face mate like a grown up

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:54 am 

You are quite entitled to your opinion, all I am asking is where is your evidence when you slate SLA, Mr Elliott and Mr Wood? You have stated they are disliked amongst the non league world, have done this, done that but not offering any evidence and getting very little backing on here.

Silly buggers or not, I've not heard or seen anybody but you slag Mr Elliot or Mr Wood just you.

Dingbat don't get me mixed up for the hungry horse bloke you think I am.
I assure you for the 3rd or 4th time I am not the hungry horse bloke.
If you choose to approach the hungry horse bloke so be it but I am not him.
I wasn't on here for 12 hours because I went to watch Eynesbury Rovers versus Newton Pagnell Town last night; I'm working down Huntingdon and doing a spot of ground hoping......maybe I should have asked the crowd there and see if they know of the reputation of Mr Elliott, Mr Wood and SLA. Tonight, I'll be going to watch Yaxley versus Wisbech Town. I'm not sure how I can convince you other than send a photo, which for obvious reasons I ain't going to do.

Yes, you can say what you want on here Dingbat, you can claim Mr Elliott is disliked in the non league came, you can claim Mr Wood did this and that, SLA are an awful club, you can even suggest the Loch Ness monster exists, Elvis is working in Lidl's but before people will believe you need evidence and proof.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 am 

the only thing i have said about Mr Wood is that IMHO he was wrong to pull out of the S&HSC Final at short notice when he had agreed to play i posted a link to an interview with the Frickley chairman confirming this, i also stated i personally dont agree with how they have taken over other local clubs who were Barugh FC and Worsborough, look on Shaws lanes wikipedia page for confirmation of this, all of the above are factual events that you can not deny it is not merely me saying this and that, my opinion is based on them and wether you admit it or not is shared by many other local non-league fans in south yorkshire (see the thread on the barnsley fc fans forum), others wont share that opinion or agree with me and that is fine.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/intere ... fc.259195/

I have not slagged any of them off i have commented on some actions they have undertaken which i dont agree with, again thats my opinion again its shared by other people and again others will disagree.

I dont like Shaw lane as a club i dont like the fact the owner throws money about, thats my opinion and my right, you disagree you support them thats your opinion and right. am not hypacritical either Frickley have gone down the same route paying daft money out i dont agree with it so i dont watch them anymore, thats my beliefs and i stand by them

you can bairn on all you like but there is a dislike for Shaw lane its not something i have invented, Elliott has a rep in football circles again thats not something i have made up, those 2 things exsist currently, you may not agree fair enough, but dont come on here making out am inventing all these things, like i say ask about do some reasearch, but like i say you know all this already your just playing daft on here

you are 100% the hungry horse kid, fair play for the elaborate and over detailed excuses to divert attention but if you want to speak to me approach me, its you who has the issue, you probably want to approach me but we both know you havent got the minerals to do so. As for sending photo's to strange men on the internet that might be your thing but its not something am into TBH so i will kindly request you refrain please

i have said what i have to say on the matter now, i have given my opinion, like i say if you want to speak to me at a game approach me and we can discuss the topics you wish man to man in an adult way, i cant say fairer than that,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 am 

To be honest the comments on the Barnsley FC weren't as bad as thought they were going to be.

Previously you have proclaimed that SLA are a horrible, vile plastic club and the supporters are obnoxious, hangers on, weasels and snakes...........you've even called me thick, which I think was a little harsh! Maybe that was before you ''knew'' me as the hungry horse bloke, which, I am not by the way.

I've done my research I've been to quite a few SLA games home and away, I've done some ground hoping, I've visited various websites (non league based rather than adult photo sharing, before its questioned), I've looked on Twitter and none of what you claim is being shared on there. It is only you that is stating it.

I'll ''bairn'' on one last time, I've done some more research and I am definitely 100% not the hungry horse bloke, you can believe it or not that's your call but if you do approach him don't be too surprised if he looks a bit surprised.

And just one more fact after visiting Yaxley tonight I'm off to watch Northampton ON Cheneks v Sleaford Town tomorrow, now if I am hungry horse bloke, which I am not, that is some research I am doing and one hell of an elaborate smoke screen I am/he is/we are putting up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:12 am 

A lot of people agreeing with my view on the barnsley message board tho??? So is it just me???

You have done some research and decided your not the hungry horse bloke? So you were him before and now your not? Who are you that Kevin bloke of the film Split

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 am 

To be honest the website isn't as bad as thought, but despite there being nearly 950 views on this page - most of them are probably me and you to be fair - you're not getting a lot of backing on here.

I've never been the hungry horse bloke and most likely I never will..........it appears to be another unproven, unsubstaniated figment of your imagination.

And I've never seen the film Split but I will give you one point my name is Kevin and Dingbat that is a fact.

Previously you have proclaimed that SLA are a horrible, vile plastic club and the supporters are obnoxious, hangers on, weasels and snakes...........you've even called me thick, which I think was a little harsh! Maybe that was before you ''knew'' me as the hungry horse bloke, which, I am not by the way.

Any comment on the above?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:44 pm 

Alverthorponian wrote:
To be honest the website isn't as bad as thought, but despite there being nearly 950 views on this page - most of them are probably me and you to be fair - you're not getting a lot of backing on here.

never are you? and the poll is 70% dont like Shaw lane, yet you make out its just me, thats an poll independant of me or this site

Alverthorponian wrote:
I've never been the hungry horse bloke and most likely I never will..........it appears to be another unproven, unsubstaniated figment of your imagination.

you are him and intrestingly enough his name is Kevin also, you have been rumbled pal, give it up, i know for a fact its you, 1 person phoned me to tell me yesterday and 2 others have messaged me today, i wont say what else they said about you

Alverthorponian wrote:

Any comment on the above?

The actions of so-called SL supporters at Bramall lane in May were a discrace to both the club and to non-league football in general, i expalined in great detail what happend at the time and have touched on this on here in the last few days, you make no comment on that though? rather selective with the facts I think