It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Most cynical team
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 am 

Who's the most cynical team you've played so far?

I can think of a few. I know everyone wastes time to keep a lead etc, but doing it from the first half, diving, intimidating officials, winding up opponents, who are the worst you've seen so far?

Post subject: Re: Most cynical team
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:46 pm 

Barwell and Buxton as a rule... ((ducks))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

Didn't see the game, but Barwell came in for some stick on our forum and from the commentary team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:28 pm 

robin_ashton wrote:
Barwell and Buxton as a rule... ((ducks))

wtf , did we bully you in that Bank Holiday game :lol:

Out of teams I seen , I thought the Dabberdome had snipers in the stand from the 1st half live I saw :lol: but Barwell are well known for crowding ref .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 pm 

Shaw Lane aren't winning many friends either it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:32 pm 

goose wrote:

I can think of a few. I know everyone wastes time to keep a lead etc, but doing it from the first half, diving, intimidating officials, winding up opponents, who are the worst you've seen so far?

As we at Blyth found out on Saturday ,in all honesty they were a decent footballing side and hard to break down , but there was no need at all for their play acting /feigning injury /time wasting as you say from the first half. Honey monster their goalie was hobbling around as if his right leg had been broken in two crying to the ref every 5 mins yet could take goal kicks with his right boot and launch them 70-80 yards like missiles .Cheating bstds that's all they were and I,m surprised anyone goes to watch them if that's their style. I,d rather paint our skirting boards with watery gloss paint every Saturday than watch them cheating every week . :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 am 

the signalman wrote:
goose wrote:

As we at Blyth found out on Saturday ,in all honesty they were a decent footballing side and hard to break down , but there was no need at all for their play acting /feigning injury /time wasting as you say from the first half. Honey monster their goalie was hobbling around as if his right leg had been broken in two crying to the ref every 5 mins yet could take goal kicks with his right boot and launch them 70-80 yards like missiles .Cheating bstds that's all they were and I,m surprised anyone goes to watch them if that's their style. I,d rather paint our skirting boards with watery gloss paint every Saturday than watch them cheating every week . :(

doesnt surprise me one bit horrible club, no respect for other clubs or the game in general think they are better than everybody

no one does go to watch them, and out of them that do 90% are let in for free, true story they played a game at frickley i walked up to turnstille said am from frickley do i get in for nawt and they just said yeah in you go!! rest assured they are universally hated in the Barnsley area (see the barnsley fc forum recent thread about them), the MK Dons (Franchise Fc) of the non-league scene, manager dis-liked in footballing circles for stockpiling players and has a reputation of messing other clubs about, chairman un-popular for taking over other local clubs and also for trying to change the name to Barnsley Town FC and change the kit to red, basically as a p*ss take/dig at Barnsley FC as he is a massive Sheffield Weds fan, they now ground share at Athersley Rec who hate them with a passion after the rugby club got sick of them moaning, the Athersley manager (a top bloke) actually resigned after his chairman allowed them to groundshare, they also pulled out of the Sheffield cup final 2 years ago on the actual day of the final after they assured the Frickley chairman and manager they would play which messed a lot of people about then they went crying to everyone wanting sympathy

and the 'fans' that do go are basically hangers on or people who work for the owners company (who like i say get in for nawt) at the Sheffield Cup final last season (the one they decided to turn up for) as the frickley lads went up to get there medals, the son of the Shaw lane director of football (who is also a club official) was shouting at the frickley lads and fans 'hahaha what a season you have had relegated and lost the cup final you lot are nothing' he will be at all the games fair haired lad tall and skinny stands behind the dugout and weres a coat advertising the hungy horse pub gets involved in other peoples conversation (which usully ends up in arrguements) at every game i have seen him at. just shows they respect nobody and have no class if thats how a club official acts

They wont be around long, the higher they get the less the owners money will impact and the quicker it will run out = the faster he will get fed up, they wont be around in 10 years and i think there chairman has sort of even admitted that he just wants to get them to the conference, so dont wory boys we will all be able to take the p*ss out of them on there way back down in a few years