It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Most cynical team
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 am 

Who's the most cynical team you've played so far?

I can think of a few. I know everyone wastes time to keep a lead etc, but doing it from the first half, diving, intimidating officials, winding up opponents, who are the worst you've seen so far?

Post subject: Re: Most cynical team
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:46 pm 

Barwell and Buxton as a rule... ((ducks))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

Didn't see the game, but Barwell came in for some stick on our forum and from the commentary team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:28 pm 

robin_ashton wrote:
Barwell and Buxton as a rule... ((ducks))

wtf , did we bully you in that Bank Holiday game :lol:

Out of teams I seen , I thought the Dabberdome had snipers in the stand from the 1st half live I saw :lol: but Barwell are well known for crowding ref .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 pm 

Shaw Lane aren't winning many friends either it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:32 pm 

goose wrote:

I can think of a few. I know everyone wastes time to keep a lead etc, but doing it from the first half, diving, intimidating officials, winding up opponents, who are the worst you've seen so far?

As we at Blyth found out on Saturday ,in all honesty they were a decent footballing side and hard to break down , but there was no need at all for their play acting /feigning injury /time wasting as you say from the first half. Honey monster their goalie was hobbling around as if his right leg had been broken in two crying to the ref every 5 mins yet could take goal kicks with his right boot and launch them 70-80 yards like missiles .Cheating bstds that's all they were and I,m surprised anyone goes to watch them if that's their style. I,d rather paint our skirting boards with watery gloss paint every Saturday than watch them cheating every week . :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 am 

the signalman wrote:
goose wrote:

As we at Blyth found out on Saturday ,in all honesty they were a decent footballing side and hard to break down , but there was no need at all for their play acting /feigning injury /time wasting as you say from the first half. Honey monster their goalie was hobbling around as if his right leg had been broken in two crying to the ref every 5 mins yet could take goal kicks with his right boot and launch them 70-80 yards like missiles .Cheating bstds that's all they were and I,m surprised anyone goes to watch them if that's their style. I,d rather paint our skirting boards with watery gloss paint every Saturday than watch them cheating every week . :(

doesnt surprise me one bit horrible club, no respect for other clubs or the game in general think they are better than everybody

no one does go to watch them, and out of them that do 90% are let in for free, true story they played a game at frickley i walked up to turnstille said am from frickley do i get in for nawt and they just said yeah in you go!! rest assured they are universally hated in the Barnsley area (see the barnsley fc forum recent thread about them), the MK Dons (Franchise Fc) of the non-league scene, manager dis-liked in footballing circles for stockpiling players and has a reputation of messing other clubs about, chairman un-popular for taking over other local clubs and also for trying to change the name to Barnsley Town FC and change the kit to red, basically as a p*ss take/dig at Barnsley FC as he is a massive Sheffield Weds fan, they now ground share at Athersley Rec who hate them with a passion after the rugby club got sick of them moaning, the Athersley manager (a top bloke) actually resigned after his chairman allowed them to groundshare, they also pulled out of the Sheffield cup final 2 years ago on the actual day of the final after they assured the Frickley chairman and manager they would play which messed a lot of people about then they went crying to everyone wanting sympathy

and the 'fans' that do go are basically hangers on or people who work for the owners company (who like i say get in for nawt) at the Sheffield Cup final last season (the one they decided to turn up for) as the frickley lads went up to get there medals, the son of the Shaw lane director of football (who is also a club official) was shouting at the frickley lads and fans 'hahaha what a season you have had relegated and lost the cup final you lot are nothing' he will be at all the games fair haired lad tall and skinny stands behind the dugout and weres a coat advertising the hungy horse pub gets involved in other peoples conversation (which usully ends up in arrguements) at every game i have seen him at. just shows they respect nobody and have no class if thats how a club official acts

They wont be around long, the higher they get the less the owners money will impact and the quicker it will run out = the faster he will get fed up, they wont be around in 10 years and i think there chairman has sort of even admitted that he just wants to get them to the conference, so dont wory boys we will all be able to take the p*ss out of them on there way back down in a few years

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 pm 

Can't disagree with anything that Goose, Signalman and Dingbat have said after seeing them last night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 am 

Ian rico wrote:
Can't disagree with anything that Goose, Signalman and Dingbat have said after seeing them last night.

telling you they are horrible, usually in non-league there is some degree of respect for the opposition and the non-league game as a whole, not from them, its pure arrogance, anyone who doesnt believe me just go to a game you will soon see where people are coming from

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am 

Shaw Lane Aquaforce > Shaw Lane Association > Shaw Lane Arrogance.................... :wink:

Stand for something-or you will fall for anything

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
the signalman wrote:
goose wrote:

doesnt surprise me one bit horrible club, no respect for other clubs or the game in general think they are better than everybody

no one does go to watch them, and out of them that do 90% are let in for free, true story they played a game at frickley i walked up to turnstille said am from frickley do i get in for nawt and they just said yeah in you go!! rest assured they are universally hated in the Barnsley area (see the barnsley fc forum recent thread about them), the MK Dons (Franchise Fc) of the non-league scene, manager dis-liked in footballing circles for stockpiling players and has a reputation of messing other clubs about, chairman un-popular for taking over other local clubs and also for trying to change the name to Barnsley Town FC and change the kit to red, basically as a p*ss take/dig at Barnsley
FC as he is a massive Sheffield Weds fan, they now ground share at Athersley Rec who hate them with a passion after the rugby club got sick of them moaning, the Athersley manager (a top bloke) actually resigned after his chairman allowed them to groundshare, they also pulled out of the Sheffield cup final 2 years ago on the actual day of the final after they assured the Frickley chairman and manager they would play which messed a lot of people about then they went crying to everyone wanting sympathy

and the 'fans' that do go are basically hangers on or people who work for the owners company (who like i say get in for nawt) at the Sheffield Cup final last season (the one they decided to turn up for) as the frickley lads went up to get there medals, the son of the Shaw lane director of football (who is also a club official) was shouting at the frickley lads and fans 'hahaha what a season you have had relegated and lost the cup final you lot are nothing' he will be at all the games fair haired lad tall and skinny stands behind the dugout and weres a coat advertising the hungy horse pub gets involved in other peoples conversation (which usully ends up in arrguements) at every game i have seen him at. just shows they respect nobody and have no class if thats how a club official acts

They wont be around long, the higher they get the less the owners money will impact and the quicker it will run out = the faster he will get fed up, they wont be around in 10 years and i think there chairman has sort of even admitted that he just wants to get them to the conference, so dont wory boys we will all be able to take the p*ss out of them on there way back down in a few years

Oh here we go again.......the voice of non league speaks again!
Much of this was covered in a previous thread on the Frickley board.

As somebody who has been to very few SLA games you seem to know a lot about the club and I'd love to know where you get your 'facts' from.

Remember, Dingbat you're more than very welcome to PM your sources......I promise I won't breathe a word to anybody else.....hope to hear from you soon!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:46 am 

not just me who said things on the Frickley board Alverthorpian, and by the looks of it several people agree with me on here, also i have never said they are facts? its an opinion, this is a forum take it or leave it, you keep asking for evidence but you never respond to any points or expain there actions? its obvious you are part of the set up at SL so come on defend yourself?

I dont have any sources i have seen it with my own eyes, i also know a lot of people in local non-league football and ask any of them about SL and there manager and you will get the same answer

I will give you one example without the names, SL had a defender registered with them he had been a regular for them when they won the NECL, after promotion to the evo stick his playing time was limited and he had left the club to to sign for another NCEL side, Frickley then wanted to re-sign the player but were aware his evo stick registration was held by shaw lane, the frickley chairman spoke to there director of football who said the player was not in the clubs plans and had'nt been at the club for a number of months, however following this the SL manager refused to waive the 7 days notice period even though Frickley were not in the same division and the player was not in his plans or near his squad, even though in a similar situation with roles reversed earlier the same season Frickley had waived the 7 days notice to allow a player to sign for SL. The SL manager had no reason for doing this other than to be difficult, he has done similar things numerous times and has a reputation in the game for been difficult and even 'two faced' when dealing with other clubs managers, i assume you go to non-league games alvothorpian? if you do ask around about them and there manager i reckon 8 out of 10 people will tell you the same as me

Then add in the Sheffield Senior cup debarkle the other year where there chairman they knew they were going to pull out but told the Frickley chairman man to man the day before they would defo take part, this resulted in one frickley players dad who lived in Kynn's Lynn i believe booking a hotel in Sheffield for the final and ending up £80 out of pocket,

Add in there offials actions at the Sheffield cup final the following year (which i saw with my own eyes) shouting and swearing and making childish remarks just about sums the club up, add in there conducted after having to replay a Sheffield cup tie with athersley Rec a few yearss ago when again they withdrew from the competition and a picture is building

looks on www.barnsleyfc.org.uk for a thread about them a few weeks ago, no one likes them it isnt just me, take my advice have a word with Mr Elliott and tell him that the more people you annoy on the way up the harder the fall on the way back down

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:48 am 

Dingbat, I assure you I am no part of the SLA set up, I don't know Mr Elliot or Mr Wood personally but I do go watch SLA when I can.

I, unlike the other 90% who you ''state'' get in free, pay my 8 quid at the turnstile and quid for the raffle. I don't work for the owners company either as you ''state''! And I am not a hanger on either.

There has been over 700 views on this thread and I think including yours there are 3 negative posts, that equates to less than 1% of the views, hardly comprehensive.

I cannot respond to any of your points or explain the SLA alleged actions because you are the only one who has ''seen/heard/witnessed'' them, nobody else seems to have. I cannot disprove or defend something that I have not seen happen.

Yes I do go to non league games, when I can I gro9und hop, but who do you want me to ask to get an opinion on Mr Elliott?? There is only you offering these opinions.

I have seen no negative evidence either, be it at the various grounds I've been to watch SLA, on twitter, facebook, this forum or the very excellent Tony Kempster forum aimed at Shaw Lane, Mr Elliot or Mr Wood. However, I did see a lot of twitter messages congratulating SLA on them winning the league towards the end of last season so this universal hatred can't be that, erm......universal. And even you must take your hat off to the way SLA handled the very sad events of Sept 2016 and what they have tried to help achieve going forward. Previously in another post, you mentioned Karl Rose didn't shake Mr Elliott's hand after this years cup final, fair play to Mr Rose he may have is reasons but the rest of the Frickley bench shook his hand so the ''hatred'', once again, can't be that universal.

How many times have you seen SLA recently Dingbat, apart from the time you got in free at the Frickley ground?
I've been to quite a few SLA games this season I didn't know the manager stockpiled players, the chairman tried to take over other local clubs, or change the club colours to red etc etc etc.

I think you'll find somebody has posted a time line as to what happened on the run up to the cup final in 2015 on the Frickley page of this forum. I think you'll find it more plausible than your ''claim'' that they pulled out on the day. I've said it before I didn't like the fact that they withdrew from the final but can understand why and I feel that any other team in the same situation as SLA, who didn't have a second team of a squad bigger enough, would withdraw to safeguard their promotion challenge.

I will have a look at the Barnsley FC website page a little later on.

I hope I have covered all your points Dingbat albeit it with a rather broad brush but if you would like any clarification let me know.

Just a question, if may be so bold, who do you follow/support?
Am I correct in thinking its Frickley?
And how many SLA games have you been to over, say, the last 2 years?

I am just baffled why somebody goes out of their way so much and does the amount of market research that you do to canvass an ''opinion'' on a club, I assume, they do not follow. Why don't you concentrate on following your team rather than posting these unsubstantiated ''opinions'' on here?

I thought the non league family was above this...........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:50 am 

Warning: I have had a minimum of 8 pints before posting on this forum

Didn't you fancy taking part in Stoptober Dingbat?
Clarity is a wonderful think!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 pm 

did Shaw lane not pull out on the day of the 2016 final then????

like i say ask about in non league circles and people will back up what am saying about the manager, i dont need to spend time doing 'reasearch' its well known as is the attempted name change and colour change, a quick google will bring that up am sure,

i have hardly gone out of my way, my opinion is based on things i have seen with my own eyes and heard things with my own ears, and like everyone on this board i am entitled to it

i dont like shaw lane or what the stand for end of, you do and thats your right, good luck to you, but am hardly coming on here making things up they are things i have seen/heard for myself and from other people

I went to about 4 SL games last season + the SHSC final and about the same number the year before not that that is relevant to my points.

I would say i am a non-league fan Alvothorpian, I like to see Frickley do well although i dont agree with there current path at the moment, I have been watching both Ossett Town and Goole this season in the evo stick and Parkgate, Worsborough etc in the NCEL

I have given my thoughts on your club and backed them up, i suggest you go out and do some research, if you disagree with me thats fine we are all allowed an opinion this isnt north korea