It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: What do you think of the show so far?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:10 pm 

Early days I know, but what do you think of your team and those that they have played so far?
Who's underachieving?
Anybody over achieving?
Who's likely to end up with the wooden spoon?
Who's likely to go up?

It seems as though everybody is taking points of everybody else with little consistency being shown - We (Nantwich) comfortably beat Mickleover at their place the other week, then we get a right thumping off Buxton last week at home, so naturally Mickleover then go to Buxton and give them a right seeing to.

Warrington top with 17 points from 8 games, Coalville down in 11th only 3 points behind 2nd, its tight as a gnats chuff.

I still reckon Altrincham will win it, but it could be anyone of a dozen for the other spot.

Rushall looked poor yesterday,

Post subject: Re: What do you think of the show so far?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:22 pm 

One thing I can say is that refs don't much like showing cards in this league. Some of the stuff with which you can get away scot-free would have you off for 3 games in the National League.

Teams appear very inconsistent too, as Yabber Dabber says.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:31 pm 

eightiesrobin wrote:
One thing I can say is that refs don't much like showing cards in this league. Some of the stuff with which you can get away scot-free would have you off for 3 games in the National League.

Teams appear very inconsistent too, as Yabber Dabber says.

The refs, like the teams are pretty inconsistent also, some give a card out if you look at them funny, others let players get away with GBH on each other but soon as you say anything to them a booking for dissent is a cert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 am 

Rubbish by Buxton at times , then league beaters , but when u get home fans chanting Boring Boring Boring Buxton u know u got problems , SLA for me , as they can out and buy anyone .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am 

Still very open. Stalybridge to keep dropping or Halesowen to go. Shaw Lane really nothing special, I expected better but as Nibbler said, they have the money.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm 

Odd season for us so far, already used three keepers (strains of last season) and had three outfield lads suffer season-ending or long term injuries too; as we were coasting to victory at Sutton in our fourth of fifth game I noted that the team on the pitch as we scored the killer second goal contained only one lad who had played for us last season ... and he isn't even our player, he's had two loan spells from Scunny. Given that level of disruption and change, pretty good start all told - last minute penalty at Whitby and injury affected result v Buxton aside. Really hope we can lay our FA Cup jinx this season, Northern League side away Saturday not ideal, but winnable with the right approach.