It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Ashton 1 Buxton 4 (3 goal video)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:47 pm 

BFC TV has come out of retirement briefly to 'obtain' Pitchero's videos from the Evostik Site and put them together - 3 goals- Liam 2 and Greg Young. Enjoyed messing with video again.
Ashton 1 Buxton 4 (3 goals)

Don't forget, my channel is still live and I obtain footage from Pitchero when there is any and feature other clubs footage plus Mark Joyce's (Nibbler). You can see my home page here with the popular uploads and further down the latest videos. http://www.youtube.com/buxtonfootballclub

Still adding anyone's footage of Buxton FC including Nibblers to Buxton FC YouTube. Also support the entertaining Runcorn Linnets having moved to Frodsham, Cheshire & try to fit Buxton games in when I can.

Post subject: Re: Ashton 1 Buxton 4 (3 goal video)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:57 pm 

I didn't realise you were at the game or I'd have come over and said hello - I assume Hardy was that far offside he was out of shot for the fourth? Having seen the first goal, it looks after a few viewings that Hardy's foot is about thigh high when he 'wins the ball', the subsequent suspected broken foot our goalkeeper suffered being a major factor in the final score.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 pm 

Some more fuller Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzyi9AQ ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:26 am 

robin_ashton wrote:
Having seen the first goal, it looks after a few viewings that Hardy's foot is about thigh high when he 'wins the ball', the subsequent suspected broken foot our goalkeeper suffered being a major factor in the final score.

I think the fact that you had Cartwright playing and having a nightmare 90 minutes was more a major factor in the final score.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 am 

A fair point except for the fact that Cartwright went off before half time having suffered a re-occurrence of a previous injury, so I'd say playing an hour with no goalie was actually a bigger contributing factor...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:58 am 

robin_ashton wrote:
A fair point except for the fact that Cartwright went off before half time having suffered a re-occurrence of a previous injury, so I'd say playing an hour with no goalie was actually a bigger contributing factor...

Ahhhhh.....I didn't even miss him. That'll explain why you were better in the 2nd half.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:23 pm 

Nibbler wrote:

Good again Nibbs..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 pm 

Quote:
I didn't realise you were at the game or I'd have come over and said hello

I wasn't.

I said "BFC TV has come out of retirement briefly to 'obtain' Pitchero's videos from the Evostik Site and put them together". - technical espionage :twisted:

BAD:
I was at West Didsbury & Chorlton FC to see Runcorn Linnets get stuffed 4-0.

GOOD:
Attendance at West Didsbury & Chorlton FC: 484 :shock:
When the Linnets eventually get promoted a couple of times (or you get relegated) then you will have a much bigger home gate than usual. 8)

Still adding anyone's footage of Buxton FC including Nibblers to Buxton FC YouTube. Also support the entertaining Runcorn Linnets having moved to Frodsham, Cheshire & try to fit Buxton games in when I can.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:11 pm 

PaulC wrote:
Quote:
I didn't realise you were at the game or I'd have come over and said hello

I wasn't.

I said "BFC TV has come out of retirement briefly to 'obtain' Pitchero's videos from the Evostik Site and put them together". - technical espionage :twisted:

BAD:
I was at West Didsbury & Chorlton FC to see Runcorn Linnets get stuffed 4-0.

GOOD:
Attendance at West Didsbury & Chorlton FC: 484 :shock:
When the Linnets eventually get promoted a couple of times (or you get relegated) then you will have a much bigger home gate than usual. 8)

Serious question - which Runcorn club is the the "real" one, the one that used to be Runcorn, at Canal Street, in yellow and green? It's been a long time since I saw them last

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 am 

Extracts from http://www.runcornlinnetsfc.co.uk/History and http://www.runcornlinnetsfc.co.uk/Trust plus images swiped from https://twitter.com/RuncornLinnets

Runcorn Linnets FC - The Story So Far

A story of rapid progress
The Linnets have certainly come a long way since being founded by supporters of former national non-league champions Runcorn AFC after a traumatic end for the old club, also three-times FA Trophy finalists at Wembley.

The initial aims of the new club were to bring the Linnets back to Runcorn and re-establish the club as one of which the community could be proud. Both these ambitions have been achieved with the club still in its infancy.

The Millbank Linnets Stadium in Murdishaw, Runcorn, opened in 2010 and in the summer of 2017 work began to further enhance the ground with the building of a new, replacement clubhouse as part of wider redevelopment of surrounding land with retail and leisure facilities. At the same time, other football pitches surrounding the stadium are being fenced in for use by the Linnets' junior teams as the club takes on a new lease.

The Trust
Runcorn Linnets FC is a club that is run by a Trust. The Trust was originally set up as "The Linnets Independent Supporters Trust", or "LIST" for short, and was a Supporters Trust in aid of Runcorn AFC, known as Runcorn FC Halton at the time. In April 2006, when the fans decided to take the destiny of Runcorn FC into their own hands and set up Runcorn Linnets FC as a reformed Runcorn AFC, the nature of the Trust changed to one capable of running a football club.

Trust members take part in the democratic running of the club. They are able to vote members on and off the board, participate in the decision making process, etc, and this is done on a purely one person, one vote basis. Regardless of the financial commitments that may have been made to the club by any individual, their vote is only as powerful as any other regular Trust member.

PS:
I am a member of the Trust.
And my signature information on posts I've made on the Linnets forum is; "I played against Runcorn AFC for Buxton FC at Canal Street 25th January 1977, result 1-1. Moved to Frodsham from Buxton 2015, now love watching the Linnets & being part of a very friendly and welcoming club. Hope we play Buxton one day"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:59 am 

Cheers for that ^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:43 pm 

No problem. I always aim to please. Also good to spread the word about upcoming clubs with a CONNECTED history that is a CONTINUATION of a club.

As my bog door says.

"We aim to please. So will you aim too, please" :D