It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Supporter Bus/Travel
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 am 

Question? out of intrest

1. How many teams at Evo stick level run a combined players/supporters bus to away games?
2. Do people think that players should have the luxury of there own bus (i.e no supporters) to travel as a team? or does travelling with everyone together create a better bond at the club?
3. Is there any clubs that dont provide any travel for supporters to any games at all during the season? i appreciate a lot of teams dont run coaches to local matches which is understandable but am i right in thinking most run coaches to most games?

be intresting to get views on this from fans of different clubs

Post subject: Re: Supporter Bus/Travel
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:32 pm 

If the Bucks put one on for the Wukky and Whitby , then I say players must of done something right , otherwise nothing , giving the home opposition and chance already , after already avin some a 2hr drive , that in my mind can be mentally straining b4 they kicked a ball . As for supporters , U after to be in with the yes Board I bow to you , to be allowed on a coach if they do one ,otherwise get to games on your steam :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 pm 

Not at Altrincham. Give us a couple more years here and it could happen....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am 

Grantham run joint player and supporter buses to Saturday games either over approx 90 miles or depending on the direction, maybe closer, depends on player travel patterns. Dry rarely midweek (usually Whitby).

Supporters helps subsidise the cost ( no coach sugar daddy for us). The atmosphere is good and managers definitely prefer it to prepare for the game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:52 am 

1. Whitby Town- Every competitive game.
2. I think that's debatable, to be honest. Most of our fans are older generation, so not really fans of the raucousness, but we all muddle on pretty well together.
3. I think most do, with a handful of notable exceptions. I think we have a good deal with a local bus company (important as we travel further than anyone bar Workington).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm 

When we were in the Evo-Stik the club used to run a coach for the players/club officials to most away games, and the supporters trust would run a coach for the supporters.

Now we are in the NCEL there are not many trips that require a coach, but when we do have one the players and fans travel on the same coach. Approximately 21 places are reserved for the players/manager/assistant manager and physio the rest of the seats are available for supporters and club officials (who pay the same amount for the travel as the supporters). This coach is run by the supporters trust, not the club.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm 

Nantwich run a combined players/fans coach to most games. It's limited to 12 places for the fans, a chance for the older and younger fans who would not normally get to away games get to them.
It helps with the costs of running the bus, for popular games we will run a fans bus from a 16 seater mini bus to a 52 seater.
It does help with the fan/team bonding although fans aren't supposed to talk to the players on the way to games, its fairly relaxed/lively on the way back depending on the result.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 pm 

Shared coach, supporters / players / directors at Ashton United - pretty full to most games these days, used to just be one or two speccies on the bus just a few years ago.