It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello all
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm
Posts: 30
Altrincham fan signing in.

I'm quite looking forward to next season, though I don't know why, after two seasons of fertilizer and two relegations.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:28 am
Posts: 720
As long as you do not bring the we are a big club attitude and non of that crap segregation or "we will micky this tin pot league"

Corby thought they were a big club and they went straight through, infact it is quite a common thing to do as recently demonstrated by Hyde and Colwyn Bay.

Talk is of the Warrington manager moving to Moss Lane?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm
Posts: 30
I couldn't tell you if games will be segregated. Not all games were segregated this season, or even in the National League for that matter. I think the powers that be take a view based on the size of the away following.

I'm well aware we could fall straight through, like Hyde. We shall see. Regarding the new manager, there are whispers, but no official announcement yet. Current managers have been told their services are no longer required though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 1781
eightiesrobin wrote:
I couldn't tell you if games will be segregated. Not all games were segregated this season, or even in the National League for that matter. I think the powers that be take a view based on the size of the away following.

I'm well aware we could fall straight through, like Hyde. We shall see. Regarding the new manager, there are whispers, but no official announcement yet. Current managers have been told their services are no longer required though.

Stafford Rangers just like yourselves , proud record since leaving the old NPL , but came down and fell through the trap door , come back up this season but found it tougher than they thought me thinks , hope there is no seg rubbish with the sticky pot league , with only sniffers in it :lol: .
The Bucks , we will bring a few being old NPL rivals from the past , enjoy this new look midlands looking league u never seen before , and a new club that wasn't even about last time u was in league Shaw Lane AFC , be a culture shock for lot going on the outskirts of Dingleland :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:43 am
Posts: 61
Looking forward to finally going to Altrincham next season, the one time we played each other in the FA Trophy in 1980 I couldn't go to the replay as I was at Art College. That was when you had a great side, Graham Heathcote and all...Alex Stepney in goal too. The first game was a 1-1 draw at London Road infront of 1,128 but even a Robbie Cooke hat trick wasn't enough in the replay as we lost 6-3. I much prefer going to places that feel like proper grounds and clubs with a bit of history. Non League, and even the EFL, are increasingly full of monied clubs coming from nowhere. I remember us playing at Kidderminster when they only had 350 there and Forest Green when any crowd over 100 was a stressful event for their turnstiles!

It will be interesting to see how you fare. It's been a competitive league this season all the way through and I don't see any reason for that to change next year. The whole Vardy thing as well has meant Premier league clubs have suddenly started dipping into the NPL looking for talent, all this has made things quite interesting.

I don't quite understand the need by some people for the league to reduce it's boundaries and I'm not a fan of the new Midland Prem League idea. I've enjoyed all the long trips, well, they're all long trips from Hertfordshire but I think it adds interest. Even coming back from Ashton on a Tuesday night after an injury time defeat felt like an experience I wouldn't forget. Parochialism has been one of the issues around the Northern League and even a 'pure' NPL still means some long trips (Whitby to Workington). I'm sure as a fan of a team that has played a lot of National League football, trips to Coalville and the like are not going to be too stressful!

We've lost a few bigger clubs in recent years (FCUM, Chorley, Darlington) so it will be nice to have one back in return and hopefully a few travelling fans too. You might find a few grounds a bit of a culture shock...Barwell, Coalville and Shaw Lane...likewise with their crowds too, I don't think I've ever seen a single Barwell fan travel to the Meres!

Doesn't seem to be much activity on this forum (you should have been here last summer when we were getting 50 posts a minute from Spennymoor fans detailing their every move!)...the Facebook group has a bit more chat.

Looking forward to it even if you're probably not!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:28 am
Posts: 720
So I expect segregation again when a BIG club like Matlock visit :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:59 am
Posts: 5034
Location: Fortress Turnbull
Welcome mate.

_________________
WHITBY TOWN FC- NUMBER ONE CLUB ON THE YORKSHIRE COAST- UP THE BLUES


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 9:00 am
Posts: 132
Location: Tameside
As you can well imagine we at Ashton United are delighted to see you and Stalybridge in the NPL Premier. We have been the only Manchester based team this season and it's been tough, with few travelling fans and long journeys to all points North, South, East and West. Next season will be a blast for you, as a supporter, if you let yourself enjoy it come what may. The vast majority of clubs have great fans and the matchday experience almost everywhere is brilliant.

You might have been relegated but it's not the end of the world. Time to roll up sleeves and get on with it. You will be embraced by all on here with that attitude.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get into ANY discussions with nibbler about balls! You have been warned!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm
Posts: 30
Thank you all for the replies.

I'm looking forward to visiting a few away grounds next season. A few ex-Alty players around I see - Ryan Crowther at Ashton (what happened to Adam Griffin - didn't he move there too?), Kyle Perry at Stafford (didn't George Bowerman go there too?), and maybe even Sir James Walshaw, if Farsley get promoted. Dave Parton - is he around in this league?

It will be strange to see Stafford Rangers again - probably nearly 30 years since I last saw them play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm
Posts: 30
do228 wrote:
So I expect segregation again when a BIG club like Matlock visit :wink:


You were segregated in the FA cup game, no?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 1781
do228 wrote:
So I expect segregation again when a BIG club like Matlock visit :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 1781
Goalpost wrote:
As you can well imagine we at Ashton United are delighted to see you and Stalybridge in the NPL Premier. We have been the only Manchester based team this season and it's been tough, with few travelling fans and long journeys to all points North, South, East and West. Next season will be a blast for you, as a supporter, if you let yourself enjoy it come what may. The vast majority of clubs have great fans and the matchday experience almost everywhere is brilliant.

You might have been relegated but it's not the end of the world. Time to roll up sleeves and get on with it. You will be embraced by all on here with that attitude.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get into ANY discussions with nibbler about balls! You have been warned!


Another Crapsyo lover , cheapskates that is all you are CHEAPSKATES , and your clubs as well , let the players decide what decent football they like to play with , not the fool Harris !! have notice quite a few players this season , putting tape around there shooting boot , says something there , it's a counterfeit football they use in the NPL backed by a corrupt FA , so hope u Alty and Staleyvegas fans get use3d to it , like having to replaced after 20 secs from kick off , because it has gone down already or out of shape :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 9:00 am
Posts: 132
Location: Tameside
Nibbler wrote:
Goalpost wrote:
As you can well imagine we at Ashton United are delighted to see you and Stalybridge in the NPL Premier. We have been the only Manchester based team this season and it's been tough, with few travelling fans and long journeys to all points North, South, East and West. Next season will be a blast for you, as a supporter, if you let yourself enjoy it come what may. The vast majority of clubs have great fans and the matchday experience almost everywhere is brilliant.

You might have been relegated but it's not the end of the world. Time to roll up sleeves and get on with it. You will be embraced by all on here with that attitude.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get into ANY discussions with nibbler about balls! You have been warned!


Another Crapsyo lover , cheapskates that is all you are CHEAPSKATES , and your clubs as well , let the players decide what decent football they like to play with , not the fool Harris !! have notice quite a few players this season , putting tape around there shooting boot , says something there , it's a counterfeit football they use in the NPL backed by a corrupt FA , so hope u Alty and Staleyvegas fans get use3d to it , like having to replaced after 20 secs from kick off , because it has gone down already or out of shape :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


See what we mean eightiesrobin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:55 pm
Posts: 223
Best place for Real Ale is Mickleover Sports


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 pm
Posts: 244
Welcome, really looking forward to our (Nantwich) Bank holiday clashes with you, be good to have a Cheshire derby this season, we might even have 2 if Witton can pull their fingers out.

It will make a change to play Alty in a league game instead of a Cheshire Cup game or pre season friendly.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GingerbreadSi and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group