It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:38 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 408
goose wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Looks like Spennymoor are the form team in the NPL & just at the right time going into the playoffs. Good luck to them & it'd be great to see 3 northeast teams in the National North.


I think they'll get second, though I hope Whitby are the third North East club you speak of, outside chance I guess.

For next season I was on about Darlo, Blyth & Spennymoor in the National North. Maybe the season after for your club :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 9
Yet again my previous statements have been proved correct. Lack of management ability is killing our promotion chances this season. Today we needed to win to keep in touch with the teams above and we were static all over the pitch. The new signings look no better then we already have? Which as the original thread states is my biggest grudge against Mr Ainsley. Use the squad you have develop them and most of all put trust in them, dropping a player for a new signing must be heart breaking for a player who has given his all for many weeks. Many fans will disagree with me which is fine. I thank mr ainsley for everything he has done but now for us to progress the chairman needs to get him out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:15 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Laboratory
Yorkshireman wrote:
Today we needed to win to keep in touch with the teams above


What teams above? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 7:51 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Let me guess wrote:
Yorkshireman wrote:
Today we needed to win to keep in touch with the teams above


What teams above? :?


My thoughts exactly.

I fully expected there to be big changes from the 2 midweek games and I heard fatigue may have played a part. If you don't think Ainsley is up to it, then who might you suggest?

I think Ainsley has a lot of respect in the North East (certainly from darlo fans)

_________________
DFC for Life

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:15 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Laboratory
D_F_C wrote:
Let me guess wrote:
Yorkshireman wrote:
Today we needed to win to keep in touch with the teams above


What teams above? :?


My thoughts exactly.

I fully expected there to be big changes from the 2 midweek games and I heard fatigue may have played a part. If you don't think Ainsley is up to it, then who might you suggest?

I think Ainsley has a lot of respect in the North East (certainly from darlo fans)


To be fair to Sutton they've beaten Blyth/Stourbridge at home and drew against Nantwich, after a hard week for Spennymoor going there wasn't going to be a foregone conclusion. Far from it in fact. SC's home form giving them the edge in the race to beat the drop.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:14 pm
Posts: 221
Location: E10
The 3G at SCT is generally hated by visiting players.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 9
I'm not in the business of naming managers to replace someone who is still in the job no matter what I feel. I believe there are far better candidates then our current manager to progress the club and if he is ever relieved of his duties I will duly give my preferred options. I say this to a lot of my friends who are spenny fans, would any manager achieve the same as ainsley with the budget he has had available? Yes it's hard managing egos etc but still it always comes down to a budget. Looking at the northern league this year would shields be where they are without there budget probably not. There test will come when they reach our level and that's when you will see if there management team can progress them further. My biggest shock in northern league is bishop Auckland they have everything in place to be climb the ladder but they have struggled again, would love to see them come join us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 pm
Posts: 125
Location: Bathgate, Scotland, along way away from the Brewery Field
You are a crank!!
I wasn't convinced you were a Spenny supporter based on your previous posts but this one confirms it.
Look at the current league table. There is only one team above us in our first season in this league and we have a fantastic chance of progressing yet again. Talk of replacing a manager that is second in the league??
I don't get to many games living in Scotland now but I'm there on Saturday. I'll be behind the goal we're attacking (if you know which end that is) and I'll be more than happy to discuss how wrong your opinion is with you in a friendly manner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 9
Jubilee, as I said at the very start each supporter has there right to cast an opinion. I have said why i cast this opinion, my biggest praise for ainsley and still is, is the way we have been successful. We won the northern league and won promotion via good attacking football which was based on retaining possession. Now we seem to boom it to taylor every chance we get, yes to some extent it has worked this season but to some extent it hasn't. Which is where my whole point comes from. Instead of signing players every other week why doesn't the management team work and develop the squad?! How many matches have you watched this season? A player seems to have one bad game and they get dropped!! I know it's easy for me to say watching the match but I just wish he would use the squad he has and develop them and not just sign players week in week out unless they are players who will definitely improve the team like Curtis and chandler.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Spennymoor
matt wrote:
The 3G at SCT is generally hated by visiting players.

I thought it might have been ideal for us tbh, considering the team train at plastic pitches in Durham and Willington during the week anyway!

_________________
SPENNYMOOR TOWN FC - VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH
NOTTS COUNTY FC - SKY BET LEAGUE TWO


Follow me on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuzza_LG


Last edited by SpennyNott5 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Spennymoor
Yorkshireman wrote:
Jubilee, as I said at the very start each supporter has there right to cast an opinion. I have said why i cast this opinion, my biggest praise for ainsley and still is, is the way we have been successful. We won the northern league and won promotion via good attacking football which was based on retaining possession. Now we seem to boom it to taylor every chance we get, yes to some extent it has worked this season but to some extent it hasn't. Which is where my whole point comes from. Instead of signing players every other week why doesn't the management team work and develop the squad?! How many matches have you watched this season? A player seems to have one bad game and they get dropped!! I know it's easy for me to say watching the match but I just wish he would use the squad he has and develop them and not just sign players week in week out unless they are players who will definitely improve the team like Curtis and chandler.

While I agree with you to an extent about him using and developing players more, I still think you're a bit mad and out of order calling the boss out to leave earlier, particularly since we are a newly promoted club on the verge of being runners up in our first season in this league! How many sides have been able to say that not just here but in any league in the country altogether?!

A couple of the lads brought in on loan are doing alright anyway. Isaac Baldwin put in a very good showing on Tuesday night at Skelmersdale and Connor Smith has quietly worked well within the squad for the odd few games he's featured in so far too. They and a few other have provided a bit of depth for the last hurdle, particularly last week with 4 games in 7 days.

We could be a National League North side very shortly and were only promoted from the Northern League in 2014. If potentially 3 promotions in 4 seasons doesn't impress you, I'm not sure what will!

_________________
SPENNYMOOR TOWN FC - VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH
NOTTS COUNTY FC - SKY BET LEAGUE TWO


Follow me on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuzza_LG


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:15 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Laboratory
Training and playing on 3G surfaces are entirely different, for starters you cannot produce the intensity of a match during training, and like grass even all 3G pitches are different.

Yorkshireman is either a Bish fan on the troll, an ex-player, a fan of an ex-player (don't laugh), or a Darlo fan with nothing better to do. Defo not a Spennymoor supporter judging by the posts. Calling for the managers head whilst 2nd in the first season says it all :lol: attempting to justify it saying he's intitled to his anon opinion online :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 108
He isn't a crank at all Ainsley is to be replaced in the summer and that is fact! Martin Gray been lined up for spiny job! he is furious with darlo board regard their promotion situation and as tendered he's resignation if other's who are responsible on the board don't leave club.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:44 pm
Posts: 376
wyatt earp wrote:
He isn't a crank at all Ainsley is to be replaced in the summer and that is fact! Martin Gray been lined up for spiny job! he is furious with darlo board regard their promotion situation and as tendered he's resignation if other's who are responsible on the board don't leave club.


What absolute bull$hit, where've you heard this from then?

_________________
Darlington FC - Estab 1883
Once a Quaker, always a Quaker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 108
Wait & see Sam not be long before it is common knowledge!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group