It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm 

the signalman wrote:
Their home record is good but away they've been found out probably because they don't have the advantage of playing on a pit heap/cows field of a pitch with dodgy lighting for every night game which they are used too.

I think you need to watch this short film.
The floodlights at spennymoor are 250 Lux Grade A Sep 1 Level,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvqfzE6BG0w

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:20 pm 

I and 300 Blyth fans would beg to differ .The lighting along your mainstand was awful .There was a big dark shadow the full length or are we telling porkies .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:
If you look at both squads I think it's fair to say spenny have the better squad, lawson, griffiths, Henry, chandler, Curtis would get In basically every team in the league. Add to that glen taylor who has done really well this season. What I don't understand is signing someone like dowsonwho from what I can see isn't a natural goalscorer like fisher is?! Just a un needed signing in my opinion. Look at tom craddock yes he's played at a much higher standard but from what I saw looked like he hasn't played in years so it's impossible he got scouted in the right way. Seems to happen a lot, frost last season was a prime example.

Signalmen I am not slating blyth one bit the way they have reacted to last season to go on and win the league this year is superb and I wish you all the best. I just wish our manager would settle on a squad and use it as well as Blyths management team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:
If you look at both squads I think it's fair to say spenny have the better squad, lawson, griffiths, Henry, chandler, Curtis would get In basically every team in the league. Add to that glen taylor who has done really well this season. What I don't understand is signing someone like dowsonwho from what I can see isn't a natural goalscorer like fisher is?! Just a un needed signing in my opinion. Look at tom craddock yes he's played at a much higher standard but from what I saw looked like he hasn't played in years so it's impossible he got scouted in the right way. Seems to happen a lot, frost last season was a prime example.

Signalmen I am not slating blyth one bit the way they have reacted to last season to go on and win the league this year is superb and I wish you all the best. I just wish our manager would settle on a squad and use it as well as Blyths management team.

Yes Spenny have good players but i wouldnt swap any of your forwards for ours Taylor for Nippa or Luke Armstrong no thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:19 pm 

Hilarious reading responses from Spenny fans on this thread and the way they randomly start bringing up Darlington in conversation.

I like Spennymoor as a club - Brad Groves, Jason Ainsley et al seem like honourable, hard-working people who want the best for their club.

But some of their fans are hopelessly obsessed with Darlington. It's genuinely very weird. I remember the fans' forum they had with new signings in the summer. First question, for no reason whatsover, was about Darlington. Obsessed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:06 pm 

This has nothing to do with being jealous or to be honest Darlington in general. My original point was that in my opinion Jason ainsley is failing this season as our manager, with the budget we seem to have. I'm just guessing but I bet our budget is higher then Darlingtons last season. If anything it was a compliment to the blyth and Darlington management team who seem to be able to get more from there squads then we can.
As I have said previously the best we can hope for now is top two which would be a massive push, probable to finish top 4. Looking at the squad ans players signed in the summer and other teams in the league i expected more and if many supporters are honest they would agree.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:
This has nothing to do with being jealous or to be honest Darlington in general. My original point was that in my opinion Jason ainsley is failing this season as our manager, with the budget we seem to have. I'm just guessing but I bet our budget is higher then Darlingtons last season. If anything it was a compliment to the blyth and Darlington management team who seem to be able to get more from there squads then we can.
As I have said previously the best we can hope for now is top two which would be a massive push, probable to finish top 4. Looking at the squad ans players signed in the summer and other teams in the league i expected more and if many supporters are honest they would agree.

Oh I wasn't referring to you. It's Spennymoor fans in general who bring up Darlington (like Stevie Guy/Gregos Tratorelli in this thread) for no reason. You see this obsession elsewhere on social media too.

I actually agree with you about Ainsley too. When you look at the strength and experience in Spennymoor's squad, with the likes of Chandler, Curtis etc, they should be much more involved in the title race. Even if they win their two games in hand to go nine points behind, that's still too big a gap based on the strength of their squad.

However, I think you're underestimating Blyth. This is largely the same squad that did so well last season. The difference this time is there's not a side going with them, like Darlington did last year. And Blyth, IMO, started to drop off when they lost Turnbull last season. This time around, they're coping far better with other midfielder stepping up, and with McTiernan coming in.

I think Blyth have learnt a lot from last season, and that's showing through.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:

"Spennymoor fans expected to walk this tinpot league" shock!

To be fair (as footballers like to say, except this time the words actually mean something) at the beginning of the season that's not what the Spennymoor supporters on here were saying.

But any disrespect of this kind underestimates the strength of the league. There are plenty of good teams - and most teams can perform very well on the day. That's what makes it such good competition.

I think it also misunderstands what creates success. It's not just 'good players' (paid a lot of money). It's teamwork, it's a team game. And it's commitment (not just playing for money). Look at the success of, say, Whitby - not full of 'stars', but a side that cares and plays for each other, and for the management. And above all, I'd say that's why Blyth are rightly going to win the title and promotion.

in any case, Spennymoor will make the playoffs and may get promoted. I'd say that's a pretty good return in their first season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 am 

Oldman wrote:
Yorkshireman wrote:

Oh I wasn't referring to you. It's Spennymoor fans in general who bring up Darlington (like Stevie Guy/Gregos Tratorelli in this thread) for no reason. You see this obsession elsewhere on social media too.

I actually agree with you about Ainsley too. When you look at the strength and experience in Spennymoor's squad, with the likes of Chandler, Curtis etc, they should be much more involved in the title race. Even if they win their two games in hand to go nine points behind, that's still too big a gap based on the strength of their squad.

However, I think you're underestimating Blyth. This is largely the same squad that did so well last season. The difference this time is there's not a side going with them, like Darlington did last year. And Blyth, IMO, started to drop off when they lost Turnbull last season. This time around, they're coping far better with other midfielder stepping up, and with McTiernan coming in.

I agree plus a change in management and playing style has helped with two playing up front instead of just one . Last season we lost Maguire for a long spell and played with no out and out centre forward which I think cost us and it showed especially against Darlo at home coupled with Kneeshaw being disgracefully dropped for the play offs . Turnbull was a huge miss last season and I still think he is but Macteirnan and Laidler have done ok in his place afterall he is a hard act to follow . I tek nowt away from Darlo though they came strong and took advantage of our hiccups and good luck to them . This season though its good to see about ten teams battling it out as it makes the run in exciting . For me I want Blyth up obviously and Whitby then Spenny only if they get rid of Curtis for next season as hes a pain in the rear when he plays against us but in a good way .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 am 

Oldman wrote:
Yorkshireman wrote:

I agree plus a change in management and playing style has helped with two playing up front instead of just one . Last season we lost Maguire for a long spell and played with no out and out centre forward which I think cost us and it showed especially against Darlo at home coupled with Kneeshaw being disgracefully dropped for the play offs . Turnbull was a huge miss last season and I still think he is but Macteirnan and Laidler have done ok in his place afterall he is a hard act to follow . I tek nowt away from Darlo though they came strong and took advantage of our hiccups and good luck to them . This season though its good to see about ten teams battling it out as it makes the run in exciting . For me I want Blyth up obviously and Whitby then Spenny only if they get rid of Curtis for next season as hes a pain in the rear when he plays against us but in a good way .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:35 am 

Thanks signalman, would be a bit of a nightmare for us to lose the other two North East sides. If Blyth go up and we don't (not convinced we'll make the play-offs, Buxton are my favourites for fifth), Stour would be best to get rid of that hike, we never win there either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:27 pm 

Oldman youre a bell cheddar!! I made brief reference to darlo being involved in a title race with blyth last season as thats who were going for it!!
Hardly obsession is it you tool!!!

Bishop fan who knows my name trying to be a manure stirrer!

Conference North

Mind that Gap Bishop ^^^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:33 pm 

Looks like Spennymoor are the form team in the NPL & just at the right time going into the playoffs. Good luck to them & it'd be great to see 3 northeast teams in the National North.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 pm 

Quote:
Looks like Spennymoor are the form team in the NPL & just at the right time going into the playoffs
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/northprem/form/
Last 4 games Buxton
Last 6 games Warrington
Last 8 games Spennymoor
Last 10 games Warrington

Calm down - we are just getting our timing right :wink:

PS: And we are thankfully out of the Worthless League Cup tonight (I am sure the £500 semi-final reward will make a massive difference - not).
Why bother at all?

Still adding anyone's footage of Buxton FC including Nibblers to Buxton FC YouTube. Also support the entertaining Runcorn Linnets having moved to Frodsham, Cheshire & try to fit Buxton games in when I can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:40 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Looks like Spennymoor are the form team in the NPL & just at the right time going into the playoffs. Good luck to them & it'd be great to see 3 northeast teams in the National North.

I think they'll get second, though I hope Whitby are the third North East club you speak of, outside chance I guess.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next