It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:02 pm 

Having just read that spennymoor have signed yet another two players it really does make me wonder whether the manager is the right man for the job.

I have been following spennymoor for many years, yes I realise the success which we have seen in the past few seasons. Is this more to do with brads wallet and not the management capability of Jason ainsley, we must have by far the biggest budget in the league and we are going to struggle to finish top 3. It seems he just can't resist signing new players, maybe if he kept faith in the players he already has then maybe they would perform better.

Just looking for people's opinions as I'm sick of seeing spennymoor sign x amount of players.

Post subject: Re: Spennymoor town fc
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am 

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 pm 

I thought they had only signed loan players. Therefore you don't know what they are getting paid and if Spenny are even covering their wages

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:18 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:
Having just read that spennymoor have signed yet another two players it really does make me wonder whether the manager is the right man for the job.

I have been following spennymoor for many years, yes I realise the success which we have seen in the past few seasons. Is this more to do with brads wallet and not the management capability of Jason ainsley, we must have by far the biggest budget in the league and we are going to struggle to finish top 3. It seems he just can't resist signing new players, maybe if he kept faith in the players he already has then maybe they would perform better.

Just looking for people's opinions as I'm sick of seeing spennymoor sign x amount of players.

Hi Tom, is that you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:21 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:

Your not even a Spennymoor fan posting all that rubbish, just a wind up. :roll:

Last edited by Gijane on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:29 pm 

According to Spennymoor's Twitter this week they are hosting a Managers talk-in tonight, I'm sure Yorkshireman would be welcome to share his concerns and discuss the season in an open forum, rather than hiding behind a persona online?

No, they've got balls the size of mustard seeds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 pm 

Let me guess wrote:
According to Spennymoor's Twitter this week they are hosting a Managers talk-in tonight, I'm sure Yorkshireman would be welcome to share his concerns and discuss the season in an open forum, rather than hiding behind a persona online?
No, they've got balls the size of mustard seeds.

Is there any irony in this statement 'Let Me Guess'? :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 pm 

Hahaha what a tool!

Give the new lads a chance! They only signed yesterday!

Follow me on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuzza_LG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:46 pm 

I'm just stating facts. Our turnover of players is ridiculous, the players that play will start one game then be dropped the next two. I'd just like to see Jason work with the squad he has and improve them instead of just signing new players. I watch a lot of our games and I look at our squad and think we should be walking the league. If you don't agree then your mad. Both blyth and Whitby don't have half the squad we do, so why are they fighting to be champions and we're not? Just my opinion and as I pay my entrance fees I deserve to cast it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 pm 

SpennyNott5 wrote:
Hahaha what a tool!

Give the new lads a chance! They only signed yesterday!

Panic signings , all you been doing all season :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:28 am 

I agree with blyth going for the league but we're in a better position than whitby!
I like a few players coming in at this stage of the season to freshen it up, i mean theres 1 week we play tues, thurs, sat, mon so you need bodies. Lastnights talk in was great, people still forget its our maiden prem season yet we could finish 2nd quite possibly, darlo should of been 2nd but blyth bottled it. Salford had a much stronger side than us yet they went up in the playoffs behind 1883, point being its a tough league with not much between 5 or 6 teams, our downfall was the high number of draws away from home but we got to the fa cup 1st round and right in the mix playoff wise so i think we're having a great season

Conference North

Mind that Gap Bishop ^^^^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 pm 

yorkshireman -are you for real?-Spennymoor have 10 league games remaining and after a review of these fixtures and those of teams around them. are in a good position to finish 2nd in the league .It seems to me that Jason is covering his options in the run in by adding to the squad in some areas, if necessary, due to suspension/injury/sickness etc.(I note Blyth have just added two loan signings this week).
There two young lads are loan signings and replace players who have left the club recently , White,Rafferty and Gott in particular. We have lacked balance on left all season and the lad from Halifax may prove an asset in that area.
Spennymoor have three experienced ex players in team management roles, who will have discussed issues like short and long term strengthening of the playing squad.If these two latest signings contribute to promotion ,great, but they need to prove better than existing players.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:22 pm 

Nsl67, once again today's result proved my theory right. You can have your opinion, I have mine. If you genuinely believe that Jason's use of the squad is good?! He signs players for the fun of it. Half the time it seems he doesn't even watch the players before signing them. As I said my opinion is mine, but when I look at our squad and other teams squad this season is just not acceptable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:17 pm 

Yes today was not a vintage performance ,first half in particular,but we probably deserved the point and could have got all 3 with more composure in front of goal. Surely part of successful management involves looking to evolve improvement in the team/ squad by identifying any areas of weakness in the managers opinion and introducing potential better solutions .
The management must be doing something right given the current league standing and play offs a distinct possibility .Tommy Miller snr has been brought into the club to do exactly the job you are berating Jason for ie watching and identifying talent who will improve the team/ squad as they endeavour to move up the pyramid system .
Of course individuals have a point of view and I do not necessarily agree with team selection in certain areas .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:55 pm 

Yorkshireman wrote:
Nsl67, once again today's result proved my theory right. You can have your opinion, I have mine. If you genuinely believe that Jason's use of the squad is good?! He signs players for the fun of it. Half the time it seems he doesn't even watch the players before signing them. As I said my opinion is mine, but when I look at our squad and other teams squad this season is just not acceptable.

How do you know whether or not he watches players before signing them? Do you know him personally?

Today certainly wasn't the best performance. In fact I'd go as far as saying it was of the worst of the season. Jay's gotten this club out of the Northern League, won at Wembley and gotten us out of plenty of ruts and bad runs like this before. Plus our current league position for a side just promoted last April is amazing by anyone's standards really! Who are you, I or anyone else to question his tactics and abilities?

Plus as referenced above, drafting in Tommy's Dad as Head Scout should prove an excellent move considering he's got plenty of contacts and experience at higher levels. A smart and fitting move if/when the next step occurs! Keep the Faith! :D :!:

Follow me on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuzza_LG