Switch to full style
The upper echelons of Evo-Stik life.
Forum rules
Post a reply

Re: Bottom 4

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 am

Hope Frickley stay up and the southern two go.

Re: Bottom 4

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm

ilson wrote:Would imagine/hope we will be in the South.

Statement from the supporters group today on all the shenanigans at the club if anyone is interested - http://www.erewashsound.com/news/boroug ... 8.facebook

I know folk don't really care as they think it won't ever happen to their club but it can and will.

I see you've started a petition and most Ilson fans expect the club to fold in next few weeks
https://www.change.org/p/ilkeston-footb ... m=copylink

Re: Bottom 4

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 am

It is hard to know for sure really as the owner doesn't communicate at all, even with the staff/volunteers that dragged the club through to the end of the season out their own pockets. He has been in hiding recently (as ridiculous as that sounds!) and no-one's seen him at the ground for months. Only he truly knows the answer and I don't want to say anything that I don't 100% know to be true. However it is true to say the general consensus of fans is that it doesn't look good.

The owner seems to not have the funds, desire or ability to do anything to sort out the mess he created. But he also doesn't seem to want to relinquish control either despite numerous approaches. So that doesn't seem like a scenario that can continue for much longer.

If anyone would like to sign the petition that'd be great - https://www.change.org/p/ilkeston-footb ... m=copylink

The petition is not about asking the council for any help in saving the current club or for any preferential treatment for a reformed club - just simply that the New Manor Ground is kept as a football ground for the people of Ilkeston, as it was intended by the Ilkeston fan that built it 25 years ago.

As a set of fans we know there is not likely to be much sympathy from other fans for a club that has somehow managed to be on the brink of dieing twice in 7 years. But the fans had nothing to do with either situation - we are just the poor sods who have had to suffer through it!

Re: Bottom 4

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 am

ilson wrote:It is hard to know for sure really as the owner doesn't communicate at all, even with the staff/volunteers that dragged the club through to the end of the season out their own pockets. He has been in hiding recently (as ridiculous as that sounds!) and no-one's seen him at the ground for months. Only he truly knows the answer and I don't want to say anything that I don't 100% know to be true. However it is true to say the general consensus of fans is that it doesn't look good.

The owner seems to not have the funds, desire or ability to do anything to sort out the mess he created. But he also doesn't seem to want to relinquish control either despite numerous approaches. So that doesn't seem like a scenario that can continue for much longer.

If anyone would like to sign the petition that'd be great - https://www.change.org/p/ilkeston-footb ... m=copylink

The petition is not about asking the council for any help in saving the current club or for any preferential treatment for a reformed club - just simply that the New Manor Ground is kept as a football ground for the people of Ilkeston, as it was intended by the Ilkeston fan that built it 25 years ago.

As a set of fans we know there is not likely to be much sympathy from other fans for a club that has somehow managed to be on the brink of dieing twice in 7 years. But the fans had nothing to do with either situation - we are just the poor sods who have had to suffer through it!

Is Aston Utd in the Notts Senior league anything to do with your club? I know they play out of the NMG.

Re: Bottom 4

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 pm

I don't think so. Not sure why they play at the NMG tbh.

Re: Bottom 4

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:33 pm

ilson wrote:I don't think so. Not sure why they play at the NMG tbh.

I got told that they have something to do with your juniors(or did do at some point). I was wondering if they could have been set up to become the new Ilson club if your current club goes belly up? Maybe you could do some investigations :wink:

Re: Bottom 4

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:50 pm

There is more that meets the eye with Aston utd and due to legal reasons I can't comment anymore.

Re: Bottom 4

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 pm

alex ilkeston wrote:There is more that meets the eye with Aston utd and due to legal reasons I can't comment anymore.

I know they are on the good side of the issue. So people can make there own conclusions about them :wink:
Post a reply