Stourbridge 2-0 Coalville Town
Whitby Town 1-0 Skelmersdale United

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: Saturday 4th February Results
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:22 pm 

I don't think Blyth got out of 1st gear. We have played a lot worst than that and only lost by a odd goal.

Men against boys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:02 am 

Hard fought victory at Stafford today , hopefully they take a few pts off our rivials aroud us , well done Bucks pts in the bag .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44czrve ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:43 am 

Spennymoor should have been 3 or 4 up at half time and then produced the most woeful 2nd half performance that I have seen from them over last few seasons to allow an average Grantham side to take the points
As an aside this game was refereed by a gentleman whose performance was the worst I gave seen this season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 am 

nsl67 wrote:
Spennymoor should have been 3 or 4 up at half time and then produced the most woeful 2nd half performance that I have seen from them over last few seasons to allow an average Grantham side to take the points
As an aside this game was refereed by a gentleman whose performance was the worst I gave seen this season.

Bad 2nd half performance, topped off with a terrible decision to give a penalty for a certain dive, turning point in the game.
Here is the link to the penalty and goals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJA9M_04ns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:09 pm 

Probably the second most blatant non-penalty given at The Brewery Field this season ;-)

Ashton mullered Sutton for the first 45 minutes, game quietened down after the break until the final ten then a sending off and a goal apiece made for a lively ending; five wins out of six since the surprise / controversial release of Lee Gaskell is justification enough for the managers' decision.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:13 pm 

Gijane wrote:
nsl67 wrote:

Bad 2nd half performance, topped off with a terrible decision to give a penalty for a certain dive, turning point in the game.
Here is the link to the penalty and goals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJA9M_04ns

The turning point was half time when we played down the hill. We didn't give you time and your boys crumbled. Penalty looks soft at that angle but there was a push which obviously the referee saw. There was more contact though in the appeal you had first half. Your manager was bang on in his interview.

Apart from the odd "Mooors" and some Maggie Thatcher statements, I thought the vocal support was pretty non descript.

Still an amazing away day was had by every Gingerbread and will live long in the memory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:50 pm 

nsl67 wrote:

In fairness to Grantham they are on a 15 match unbeaten run and are now in the playoff places, I don't think you can call them average. If they didn't play well today but got a 2-1 win then they must be doing something right, perhaps they made Spennymoor less than average on the day.

I think Spennymoor will still make the play offs though, just seem a little inconsistent at the moment.

Blyth flying and after last season I don't see them slipping up as much this year and I can't see anyone hunting them down like what happened last year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 pm 

super_les wrote:
Blyth flying and after last season I don't see them slipping up as much this year and I can't see anyone hunting them down like what happened last year.

No jinxing!

We still have to travel to Stourbridge, Spenny, Rushall and Buxton- an awful lot of work to be done. Much will depend on how we cope without Turnbull, who hangs up his boots after Tuesday's game at Warrington.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:19 pm 

Nibbler wrote:
Hard fought victory at Stafford today , hopefully they take a few pts off our rivials aroud us , well done Bucks pts in the bag .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44czrve ... e=youtu.be

Any rumour on what's happening to Hardy when his loan is up?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:09 pm 

matt wrote:
super_les wrote:

No jinxing!

We still have to travel to Stourbridge, Spenny, Rushall and Buxton- an awful lot of work to be done. Much will depend on how we cope without Turnbull, who hangs up his boots after Tuesday's game at Warrington.

Sorry Matt, I don't want to jink Blyth. I genuinely hope you win it :D