It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Well done
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:39 pm 

Congratulations to all at Birtley Town on their promotion to NL2.

There is a heck of a lot to be said for following the statutes...

Post subject: Re: Well done
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:44 pm 

Thank you, much appreciated. We seem to have come in for a bit of stick around the promotion but the ruling on the Uni is because they didn’t follow the rules. I’m sure they will be able to get the Prudhoe ground up to standard now and follow the full Procedure for next year. It is hard luck for their players though, as they’ve proved they are the best team in the league by winning it. We don’t think we’re as far away as everyone else seems to think we are, and the cup final win was superb, but it’s a big step forward for the club and hopefully we can strengthen the squad and give it a good go next year!

Pleased to have got up as I expect the league to be even more competitive next season

Post subject: Re: Well done
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:46 am 

johnna wrote:
Congratulations to all at Birtley Town on their promotion to NL2.

There is a heck of a lot to be said for following the statutes...

I have said a million times before that aswel as having good steady players you need it from the backroom lads and lasses also. Everyone involved at a club has a role to play. Its ok having the best squad of players but if your backroom staff dont do their job correctly you get nowhere. I have taken stick not just on here but also on other social media from a couple of people over our gaining promotion , well i am not going to apologize for doing my job as secretary of Birtley Town. If i didn't or couldn't do the job i have been given then i would not be doing it..

Maybe the 1 or 2 who are having a go, and it is only 1 or 2 could enlighten us on how they would have acted in our position. No doubt they wont.
It should all be sorted today as its last day for appeals. Then maybe those intent on having a pop will get on with sorting out their own clubs.