It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The ground hoppers Forum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:11 pm 

Absolutely hate Handsworth's home ground, the toilets and bar too far away from the pitch
and a great stinking hill to climb to get to it. Glad to hear that they want to move. Some good
supporters. The 52 a good bus service to and from the White Rose, nearest pub.
My website is www.johnbladecritchley.co.uk - there some football related things on it and people
are welcome to submit articles, lists, poems etc, no foul language or racist material.
A friend of mine, Jan from Worksop is approaching one thousand grounds visited, think I'm at
about the three hundred mark. All the best with the forum.

Post subject: Re: The ground hoppers Forum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:10 pm 

Blade wrote:
Absolutely hate Handsworth's home ground, the toilets and bar too far away from the pitch
and a great stinking hill to climb to get to it. Glad to hear that they want to move. Some good
supporters. The 52 a good bus service to and from the White Rose, nearest pub.
My website is http://www.johnbladecritchley.co.uk - there some football related things on it and people
are welcome to submit articles, lists, poems etc, no foul language or racist material.
A friend of mine, Jan from Worksop is approaching one thousand grounds visited, think I'm at
about the three hundred mark. All the best with the forum.

Impressive start.

In practice, Handsworth are my second club and I watch them whenever they have a game and New Mills don't. That is nine time this season to date.

Oliver's Mount isn't brilliant and the distance from the pitch to the changing rooms (not the bar) is what saw them relegated as NCEL Division 1 Champions two seasons ago.

As for a move away from Oliver's Mount, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Below are a couple of excerpts from the joint statement issued by Handsworth JSC and Parramore FC on May 3rd this year.

"Pete Whitehead and John Ward are pleased to announce that Handsworth JFC and Parramore FC will apply to merge. During the coming year, both clubs will work and run in parallel and will take advice from the NCEL, S&HCFA and the FA so that a merger which may possibly take up to a year, can be achieved to best effect for all parties concerned."

"During next season, (2013-14 for avoidance of any confusion) Parramore will continue to play their games at Sandy Lane, Worksop and the senior Handsworth team will carry on in the County Senior League as they are and will remain at Oliver’s Mount."

"It is expected that a new facility to grade “C” standard will be ready for the 2014/2015 season at Oliver’s Mount where the current NCEL team will play their home games. This is equal to the standard of the existing facility at Sandy Lane allowing the club to progress as far as the Conference North. Although this may seem a long way off these are the ambitions of both Parramore and Handsworth."

For the full statement, follow this link.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/handsworthfc/news/merger-of-handsworth-fc-parr-941144.html