It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: AFC Liverpool v Silsden
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:18 pm 

My trip round the grounds continues on Saturday with another journey west into Merseyside.

This time to Valerie Park (I can't be the only one who sings the Amy Winehouse song at the mention of this?) and a long awaited visit to see AFC Liverpool

This will be my first viewing of both teams so no previous facts other than it is my 44th game of the season, 36th ground and I have seen keepers save a penalty in 3 of the last 4 matches I have been at. I am sure that there is probably some other bit of useless rubbish I can divulge but it both escapes me and I am sure you are not interested.

As always live match updates will be on twitter @footballspoon from 3pm on Saturday

Non League's Premier Utensil

Post subject: Re: AFC Liverpool v Silsden
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 pm 

Football Spoon wrote:
This time to Valerie Park (I can't be the only one who sings the Amy Winehouse song at the mention of this?)

You are! Most of us go for the Stevie Winwood version.

Football Spoon wrote:
I am sure that there is probably some other bit of useless rubbish I can divulge but it both escapes me and I am sure you are not interested.

Then why even try and think of it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:43 am 

I think of it as more of an advertising jingle

"Why don't you come on over to..."

I like to treat you all to such mind blowing trinkets of useless garbage, call it a xmas pressie if you want.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:12 pm 

AFC Liverpool 3
Silsden AFC 1
Att: 82

To say this was a little weird would be an under statement.

The welcome was warm at Valerie Park and everyone very chatty. One of the best I have experienced this season. Thank you.

The game was different. Liverpool never seemed to get out of second gear, plodding along through the game. Silsden flitted between 1st & 3rd. bossing the games at times and then the next minute looking abjectly poor.

I missed the build up to every Liverpool goal, seeing the 1st just hit the net, the other 2 as they bounced off the bar to have the rebounds put in.

The main talking bit around the ground though was the very poor performance by the officials. As a neutral more often than not you can see where they are coming from. However, this was awful. 1 booking when there was at least a dozen worse tackles. Bizarre decisions all over, the best being a throw in given to Liverpool, the whole ground moaned and they changed their decision, amazing. I also liked the fact the ref indicated 2 minutes added on after he had played 4 and then blew up a minute later.

I enjoyed it.