It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Warrington v Curzon Ashton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:55 pm 

A trip west tomorrow night for me

Saw Warrington earlier this season beat New Mills. Got a dodgy penalty that helped them win, cracking second though.

First time seeing the unbeaten Curzon. Would love to see them win the league, brought up in Ashton and a derby next year would be something to look forward to.

Hoping for an attacking game, live updates on @footballspoon

Non League's Premier Utensil

Post subject: Re: Warrington v Curzon Ashton
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 pm 

Warrington cruising to victory and it's abandoned. Typical.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 pm 

LancastrianLad wrote:
Warrington cruising to victory and it's abandoned. Typical.

Tonight has proved to me that Curzon Ashton are going to win the league, somebody has obviously decided that it's their time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm 

Warrington 2 Curzon Ashton 0 Abandoned after 29 minutes due to floodlight failure

What an anti-climax

Firstly Northern Rail had a good go at preventing me from attending. Cancelled train leaving work and then my train to Warrington continually stopping, arriving 20 minutes late in Warrington and at the ground 10 minutes before kick-off.

I then got my next taste of my bad night, sold out of programmes. "We usually have some left" was the response. Yes but you are not usually playing an unbeaten team whilst you are top at the end of November are you?

A bright start by Curzon was undone when 3 minutes in a cross from the right was met with perfection by Scott Metcalfe and his flicked header easily beat the keeper.

Curzon looked shell shocked and things got worse 4 minutes later when Ciaran Kilheeney beat the offside trap and flicked home.

The visitors defence was all over the place and a game that was even in midfield was being settled by the defences. Warrington's looked solid, Curzon's? Well, wobbly is being kind.

The visitors looked as though they were slowly starting to recover when the darkness fell.

The rumour was that whilst they sent for an electrician it was actually a plumber that turned up, hurdling over the hoarding proclaiming "I'll give it a go!" To be fair, he did, looking like he was on the verge of succeeding on a couple of occasions only for the problem to return.

The spoon headed home more than a little disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:24 am 

Did they have any pies at Warrington?

When we went there in the league on September 3rd, they ran out of all hot food about fifteen minutes before kick-off. There were only about a dozen from New Mills there and the attendance was just 117 so it could hardly be put down to an unexpectedly high attendance.

One of our senior supporters complained at the turnstiles about the excessively high concession admission price (by comparison to most others at this level). He was told by the guy on the turnstile "Don't blame us mate. We only charge what the Evo-Stik League tell us that we have to charge."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:48 am 

The queue was very long so I didn't even bother.

Admission was £8 same as Trafford who are a step higher and no offer of any refund despite only 30 minutes. Though I do believe the replayed match is free to all. Seeing as I am on public transport, not sure I will bother & therefore not much use to me, ah well, the risks of non-league footy.

I was at your game this season. Dodgy penalty that I think Mr Reid's antics at the start of the watch won.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:13 am 

Anyone know what the attendance was? Guessing about 350-400

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:22 pm 

The club on their website said something along the lines of it looked like a season's best

Yes, I would have guessed around 350

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:26 pm 

Football Spoon wrote:

brought up in Ashton and a derby next year would be something to look forward to.

How awful for you to be brought up on Ashton, I would have moved away too. I guess people there need something to look forward to what with the desolation, drugs and guns.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:23 am 

enjoyed the trip,nearly got caught out by signal problems,EMT was 20 mins late in from Sheffield :evil: got a taxi there easy enough with 2 dogs,in the ground,pie wasnt warm at all :( .Was enjoyable 25-30 mins with Warrington cruising,think curzon had 1 chance. the scene of loads of young adults and kids was a joy to see in a ground,warrington and curzon must doing sommit right,well the floodlights to me save curzon from a floodgoal against then.Well impressed with warrington,will hold there own in the prem,curzon I carnt see why for me,that they are in the play offs,are the rest of u dung ie darlo :D :D mintcakes :D :D . well the taxi,getting a taxi was strange.1st one said he couldnt take the dogs when he came,another came,but when i got 2 the rail st,the taxi firm rang me 2 say they couldnt get a dog taxi,well ur firm got us ere,strange place and taxi's...... :lol: :lol: